Hermie harvest and other plants

kyrian

420 Member
Hi there,

This is my first time growing. I have 3 plants in the 6th week of the flowering period growing indoor. I don't know the strains but they seem mostly indicas to me, they're all bag seeds from different sources. One of them is a hermie(most likely due to heat stress, I live in a very hot place). They're all growing in a HPS 400w light, 16" away from it, soil and organic fertilizers. I made lots of mistakes but thanks to all the info I found here I think they are finally on the right path. Anyway, I took the hermie to a different room to finish growing it under CFL lights and now it seems that most of the pistils are curling in and turning orange, but some are still white. I wanted your opinion on what to do with this hermie, it's not looking pretty, there'll probably be lots of seeds but I don't wanna waste it. I'm also sending pics of the other 2 plants which are girls and started flowering only 2 weeks ago. If you have any idea if they're indica or sativa dominant I'd appreciate learning from your identifying skills.

Thank you in advance.
CM170602-094241002.jpg
CM170602-094714006.jpg
CM170602-095008008.jpg
CM170602-095335010.jpg
CM170602-095716014.jpg
CM170602-100350001.jpg
CM170602-100441003.jpg
CM170602-100506004.jpg
CM170602-100546005.jpg

If the pistils are turning brown then those calyxes are most likely pollinated. Some pollen sacks must have opened and it will soon start growing seeds. I have never had a hermie that I've let finish, but I would first address the issue you are having to cause the turn. The seeds will be usable if you don't have access to anything better, but I would be careful not to present the offspring's with same harsh conditions or those can become hermie too. Pollen is a very fine powder that will travel around, so if you don't wish to get more girls pregnant, I would honestly just cut her off and smoke or make her into edibles.
When using a hps light you must make sure you supply at least a fan, and if the temps are already high there as is, adding an ac unit would be a plus. They can take high temps, but not without air movement.
The plant looks sativa to me, but that could be stretching caused by high temps. I see the leaves are clawing down, I would stop feeding until it recovers.

Hope it helped.
:Namaste:

Thanks DaTenshi. Yes, I've learned that I can't grow in that room, it gets very hot in the afternoon. Next time I'll make sure to grow in a cooler place. The plant is recovering from too much nutes, it was worse before, now it's getting better after I put 2 fans in the room and I've been flushing them for the past 10 days or so. They are improving a lot since then.

Back
Top Bottom