Hermies or calyxes?

maebug

420 Member
Hello! First post here. I am about 3.5 weeks into the flowering stage and I started noticing what appears to be pollen sacs on a couple of my female plants. They looked too much like pollen sacs, not calyxes, for comfort so I ended up plucking them, figuring I'd rather have a slightly smaller yield than a bunch of pollinated plants. I ended up putting them in a plastic bag and putting them in the fridge, hoping that maybe

I think there's a few possibilities:
- I got some bad seeds, despite them being labelled as feminized seeds, and I need to keep after plucking the pollen sacs while making sure they aren't calyxes
- The plants are stressed about something. My guess would be the temperature and humidity as the winter has started to make things a bit chilly in the house. I reset my humidity and temperature gauge and should know tomorrow if there's too much fluctuation there
- I don't know what I'm doing and I should stop plucking these

Any advice would be much appreciated!

IMG_20191114_110222.jpg
IMG_20191113_141318.jpg

IMG_20191114_110558.jpg

Didn't finish thought at end of first paragraph: maybe using the pollen to make feminized seeds in the future

Also, the strain is Blue Dream

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm going to isolate the plants that didn't have any pollen sacs and keep plucking the others. Hopefully I'll still end up with an okay yield. Much appreciated!

If its only those 2 down low inside - plucking them off should work fine. They are usually sterile anyway. Sometimes that little flower above the nanner (its not a full blown male flower btw) will sometimes just grow down and around the nanner and you MIGHT get 1 or 2 seeds.

Keeping that area cleaned up will reduce these issues.

My extraction packed up on me 3 wk into flower with a 600w hps in a 2x2x5 nxt mornin my plants were covered in those i made the mistake of cuttin them down the flowers i did leave didnt grow any more i wish i hadnt cut them back but hey ho
20191113_154856.jpg
if i hadnt i wouldnt have had room for these girls.!

If its only those 2 down low inside - plucking them off should work fine. They are usually sterile anyway. Sometimes that little flower above the nanner (its not a full blown male flower btw) will sometimes just grow down and around the nanner and you MIGHT get 1 or 2 seeds.

Keeping that area cleaned up will reduce these issues.
Yeah and spray the flowers with water. A few seeds isn't the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom