Hermies or swollen Calyx?

durky

hermies or swollen calyx? Used "grow it up" hormone at start of flower for 3 weeks with pbp flower then bloom. buds grew well. then on week 4-1/2 /5 they slowed growing, and I noticed Calyxs popping up everywhere... assumed I hermied whole crop. Couldn't find any bananas or nuts and some of the calyxs are liquid, but some of them have a harder outside as if it was forming a shell. I can easily pull out some of the hairs from the Calyxs, they aren't "falling out" but they are redish / dying.

they are on week 6 now, and some of they Calyxs have.... flowered? well they expanded open and lots of white hairs came out. Only on some of the Calyxs, But one of my plants which is slightly nutrient deficient has formed harder shells with a white inside, but also lots of liquid.(see pics below).

Strains are Pineapple express, Strawberry cough, Black Indica. All feminized seeds. All of these are the ones grown from seeds the ones that I didn't use for mothers.

20141105_235331.jpg
20141105_235340.jpg
20141105_235416.jpg
20141105_235427.jpg

20141105_235437.jpg

20141105_235603.jpg

calyx I plucked hairs fell out easily

20141105_235631.jpg

outside shell removed

20141105_235708.jpg

When squished white "stuff" and tiny bit of liquid

20141105_235720.jpg

any thoughts or ideas? exactly 6 weeks and 1 day old today since 36 hrs dark then 13/11

I have a crop of clones 2-3 weeks behind this crop that is growing in same room, If these are hermies, what are chances of them being pollinated from what ever source?

agree with paddysmoke on this, most plants try to self pollinate at the end of the cycle for self preservation. self pollination is due to the fact it wasn't naturally pollinated as it would have been in nature. save the seeds, they will be good for the next crop. the odd time these seeds may hermie if they are LST'ed

No sacks at all been looking everywhere. Only one plant has potential seeds... those Calyxs in the other plants have nothing in them but liquid yet. Those plants where LSTed at the start so maybe that did it. They where fem seeds. Thanks for your input guys.

LST likely didn't cause this.

If you had male plants in the same room.. look at that as the cause.

If you didn't have male plants, and didn't see male pollen sacs (Hermy), then it's likely that your plant was bolting, which means producing female pollen sacs. If the seeds are mature enough to be viable, they should be feminized seeds.

When a female is bolting, the female pollen sacs look like small bananas. Thus the nickname, 'Nanners'

was a couple males at the very start but they where killed within first week of showing preflowers. No Nanners anywhere on these buds.

When should I harvest the seeds? These strains are suppose to run 8-9 weeks. so around then I should be harvesting ?

hmm What do good seeds look like, best success rate? Mine have always been Brown with a white line...

Here are some pics

That's a flat out Male, need to get rid of it before it pollinates any ladies you have or any ladies that anyone else is growing anywhere within miles of you as it is outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom