Hermies

studebakerman

I have some beautiful girls that have bunches of beautiful flowers. All of a sudden they have male balls on damn near every node. I was going to castrate the basterds but realized it would be impossable to get every single ball and if I missed even 1 ball all the girls would be pollinated. Anything I can do?

well, is your strain pretty chronic or just some bag seed? You could stabilize the strain, by pretty much letting it pollenate itself, so the seeds you have, will be full on and true the strain your growing. Or, are all the females turning on you? Or just one? Depending on how far along you are and resin production, you could just turn the one plant into bubble hash, and save the rest of the females. If your on your first few grows I would not recommend taking the "hermie" and trying to grow it out in a different room, it really takes caution, proper air venting, and patience. Gimme a lil feedback n we'll see what you can do, cuz reading the date on this post you dont have alot of time to spare

All the plants have turned on me. At this point I'm letting them go ahead and mature then I will harvest. I'm hoping that by fogging the room and also spraying with bleach after the harvest it will kill the pollen. Think it will work? Thanks, Studebakerman

thats usually what i do, be sure to replace your buckets/soil if thats the case, wipe everything down with a mild bleach/water solution, like EVERYTHING. dont miss a crack or a space on anything. If your running hydro i'd recommend cleaning everything piece by piece in the bathtub, wipe your intake fans/tubing, ballast, reflector, bulb (cooled down of course) and literally tweak out on that shit...and maybe try starting from clone next time? Good luck fams...hope everything works out for you..

Well, all that sure does sound industrious, but a misting with plain water is enough to get pollen to germinate and kill it.

Or, you could mist with a 10% bleach solution and take care of any other nasties that may be lurking, but plain water will do for pollen.

DD

water usually works, i've had it not, and with my grows usually averaging 50-99 plants, i can't leave ANY room for error...i dont breed every crop, just like to be extra cautious, maybe ocd? good luck though, hope everything helps.

Back
Top Bottom