Hey, all!

McIDDI

I have spent hours and hours and hours reading posts, grow journals - all the great info on the site (including guidelines, of course!). Wanted to reply to a post, and saw I needed to become a member (duh). And, as is typical with the site, when I went back to th thread after my aborted post attempt, I saw someone else had already made the suggestion I was trying to make- y'all don't miss a trick and are on the ball. Note to self- read entire thread before trying to help! :)

I live in AZ, south of Tucson. Haven't smoked in years- like since the late 80's (with one exception, ha). Didn't quit because I didn't like it, quit because I could not smoke cigarettes AND weed, tore the hell out of my lungs. And I could NOT quit smoking cigs. Still a pack a day girl at 43 (started cigs at 13, WTF was I thinking?). Quite by accident, learned about vaping, and INSTANTLY went over the reviews and ordered an iolite. :). Going to try it out this week, and if it works for me, will apply for my MMJ card, which I anticipate no trouble getting- I had a compression fracture of the spine many years ago that didn't heal straight, and so the muscles around the area are all fucked up, and I have tons and tons of medical records. I am so very hopeful that the Meds will help- I have been sucking it up for a long time, as none of the conventional Meds and therapies have been effective long-term. Well, thats what u do, isnt it, when u have no choice? U learn to live with it.

And if memory serves (and it does!) I really liked my pot back in the day, so with the "new" vaping tech (will try tinctures and edibles as well, see what works best), I am super excited. Did a little research and decided to go with an MMJ indica (not sure strain, friend is picking it up for me, assume bag will be labeled) for my first stone.

I also love gardening, so if the Meds work for me and it turns out I meet the 25 mile rule (I think I probably do, but AZ won't release the lists of disps until u are approved), I would really like to try a small grow. Although that is putting the cart before the horse a tad!

Anyway, don't mean to babble, just wanted to introduce myself and give a little history of how I got to this incredible site.

Thanks,

Mickey

Re: Hey,all!

Oh, and as I know nothing about grows or anything else, the post I wanted to reply to was about fruit flies- those I know how to deal with!

High Mickey, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I've heard great things about the iolite vapes, but never used one myself...my favorite portable is my Arizer Solo. You're going to love vaping once you get the hang of it! I couldn't believe how much my lungs improved, and how quickly I could tell the difference once I made the switch.

You'll be amazed how much cannabis can help with pain, if you find the right strain...just don't give up if the first one or two you try don't seem to be helping.

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and please feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

High Mickey, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I've heard great things about the iolite vapes, but never used one myself...my favorite portable is my Arizer Solo. You're going to love vaping once you get the hang of it! I couldn't believe how much my lungs improved, and how quickly I could tell the difference once I made the switch.

You'll be amazed how much cannabis can help with pain, if you find the right strain...just don't give up if the first one or two you try don't seem to be helping.

:thanks: Vapedogg! U said regarding vaping "once you get the hang of it". Is it tricky? I also ordered a 4 pc grinder and will stop by a head shop and grab some fuel, since it ships empty of course- anything I have forgotten? I am supposed to go into town tomorrow and get my bud, so looking forward to tomorrow night.

And if what I have heard about availability in Tucson is right, probably won't have much variety where strains are concerned. But I gotta be pretty close to meeting the 25 mile rule, since all the disps I am aware of are well more than 25 miles by car, but as the crow flies who the hell knows? Would love to try growing if I get approved for it. Could try as many strains as I want, eventually!

:peace:, Mickey. (and sorry I dorked up the quoting, meh)

:thanks: Vapedogg! U said regarding vaping "once you get the hang of it". Is it tricky? I also ordered a 4 pc grinder and will stop by a head shop and grab some fuel, since it ships empty of course- anything I have forgotten? I am supposed to go into town tomorrow and get my bud, so looking forward to tomorrow night.

And if what I have heard about availability in Tucson is right, probably won't have much variety where strains are concerned. But I gotta be pretty close to meeting the 25 mile rule, since all the disps I am aware of are well more than 25 miles by car, but as the crow flies who the hell knows? Would love to try growing if I get approved for it. Could try as many strains as I want, eventually!

:peace:, Mickey. (and sorry I dorked up the quoting, meh)
Depending on how the particular vape works, it can be tricky...My desktop vape and the Solo are both digital, so you set a temp and inhale...you can change the quality of the vapor slightly by the speed in which you inhale, but they are pretty consistent. But my newest vaporizer just has a momentary on switch that you hold down for a few seconds to warm up and then keep it held down while inhaling. I'm having trouble getting consistent results with the new model. It can overheat and singe the buds once the device gets hot, unless you start pulsing the switch.
Once you get the iolite and start using it regularly you'll figure out it's idiosyncrasies. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom