High Grass Outside House Leads to Grass Growing Inside

Herb Fellow

A routine complaint about grass not being cut outside a house in South Heidelberg Township, Berks County led police to uncover 150 marijuana plants growing inside the house. Officers went to the house at 8 Carriage Drive yesterday afternoon and found the front door open. When they glanced inside, they say they saw the plants.

Detectives describe the house as an indoor growing operation and say it may be related to a pair of busts they made at another house in South Heidelberg and one in Reading last month. More than 200 pounds of marijuana were seized and seven people were arrested in those raids.

So far, no one has been arrested for the operation on Carriage Drive. In addition to the 150 marijuana plants seized there, police say they also confiscated numerous operable grow lamps, ventilation fans, and other paraphernalia items used in the manufacturing of marijuana. At all three houses, detectives say the electric meter had been bypassed to provide the power needed to grow the plants without running up the electric bill and raising suspicions.

Source: WFMZ TV
Copyright: 2008, WFMZ TV
Website: High Grass outside House Leads to Grass Growing inside : WFMZ-TV 69News

Glad I got the ridin' mower and cut the front 2.5 yesterday :cheesygrinsmiley:

:rofl: good call mago, looks like people are gettin' busted for every little thing

Sucks that you can't have your yard ala natural. I'm like you MagoMan, I live in the country and only trim my weeds occasionally. Don't you think the cops were just looking for an excuse to go poking their nose where it shouldn't have been?

Back
Top Bottom