High-Rise Low Budget - Indoor Sun/Lights Grow & Reveg - Storm Trooper

HARVEST TIME! :cheer::cheer:

We had originally planned on waiting until this coming Saturday to harvest, putting her at 60 days into bloom - which is the timing we used last time. However, based upon our observations and the stated bloom period from the strain report of 52 days, we compromised and chopped her on day 56, 11 days following the flush. More than 50% of the pistils had turned amber and curled in, so we acted accordingly. Plus, I prefer the more head-type high rather than the couch lock variety, so I decided to err on the early side rather than the late.

Here are two of the final bud photos taken while still on the plant. So shiny :)

20160815_185949.jpg

20160815_190047.jpg

And one final picture of her in all her glory. Final dimensions were about 62 inches from the top of the pot to the top most cola, and 48 inches wide.

20160815_185936.jpg

One of the upper and larger colas after being freed of her non-THC leaves.

20160815_210443.jpg

Overview of about 80% of the harvest, ps4 controller for scale.

20160815_220803.jpg

Trimmed up!

20160815_220828.jpg

We are using the grow box we created to dry the buds. With a fan and the heat from the sunroom, this should be perfect.

20160815_223915.jpg

How the trunk and corresponding root structure look! These are always fascinating to me, to see what is largely unseen during the growing process.

20160815_230602.jpg

So that's it! I'll definitely update this thread before closing it as to what our end dry yield is, and further how it smokes relative to quality and potency. I did toke a sample that we pulled off last week, and it was already pretty clean hitting, with the incredible munchie high that defined her during the last harvest. While hard to know exactly at this moment, we are estimating somewhere between 8 and 10 ounces! This is compared to the last time we bloomed, before the reveg, when she only gave us a little less than two ounces. Of course, she benefitted from much more natural light this time around than during the winter, and from much more experience on the part of her growers :)

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Thanks so much everyone for following this journal, I hope others who don't have any access to either new clones or seeds can learn from our mistakes and triumphs here to reveg their own plant, or on how you can grow using windows and minimal investment!

Our total investment including pots, nutrients, the box, lights and soil was $195, and most of that spanned the two harvests. Further, the majority of the nutrients will last through the next harvest. Electricity costs have been kept to a minimum - only using the 24 watt light to keep the small plants in veg state with 18/6 lighting. Other than that they sit on my windowsill using free energy!

We now have 12 clones in veg state, 3 plants from random bag seed we came across, and 1 more plant 4 weeks into bloom. I'll decide if I want to make any journals about these soon - they are largely exposed to the same process of indoor natural sun with artificial lights to supplement it for a few hours a day. I certainly won't be letting them grow as tall as this one went!

Happy Smoking Everyone! :circle-of-love:

High-Rise Low Budget - Indoor Sun/Lights Grow & Reveg - Storm Trooper

Fuck it REVEG is the way to go, I've been wondering how people stems were so fucking huge. A friend of mine who's been growing longer said you shouldn't waste time revegging but it's like why the fuck not? I've always knew you could grow out the window but damn... Keep it up my friend keep it up!!!

Check my Journal out

First Timer - Let's Grow!]

Re: High-Rise Low Budget - Indoor Sun/Lights Grow & Reveg - Storm Trooper

To give everyone an update - it's been about a month, and the buds are cured just about perfect. I'll take some pictures and post later.

At the end of it, we under performed in terms of yield certainly. While my eyes told me at least 8 ozs, the buds just wen't as dense as they were last time. I'm sure it had to do with the crazy heat it dealt with during the budding process - a lot of 100 degree days inside that sunroom. I've read that the heat (combined with the circulating air) will make the buds grow much more flarfy than in more moderate temperatures, hence my diagnosis. The buds were big - but not dense. Will take pictures later of the cured bud and what it looks like.

We ended up with about 105 grams (just shy of 4 ozs) of buds bigger than popcorn, and about 1/2 ounce more in buds smaller. The smoke overall was quite good, with lots of compliments from friends on the fruity smell - it's a nice change. The high is a nice combination of head/body that leaves you with severe cases of the munchies. Don't get this strain if you are on a diet!!

The other smaller bonsai wtf plant is about ready to be chopped the whole way (i've been taking smaller branches off here and there, smoking after a few days dry). Here's her right around the time I last posted, a month or so ago, 5 weeks into bloom.

20160815_225313.jpg

20160824_125840.jpg

20160823_091525.jpg

a few weeks later

20160904_110951.jpg

7 weeks into bloom
20160907_083933.jpg

And here we are at 8 weeks. She's so close, and stinky, and pretty :) I might get an ounce and a half total off her, but that might be wishful thinking. Though her buds are much much more dense than the other, so hopefully they'll stay closer to this shape after cure.

20160914_082920.jpg

Some of the rest of the garden - I'll post more of them altogether inside the hut. These ones have been growing with 18/6, mostly all artificial light over the last month. I've been having intermittent, though fairly mild, bug issues - spider mites. I've been controlling them with a process of water soak in the bathtub on the leaves, and vegetable bug spray. That being said, they were having some weird growth issues (not to mention a few of them started to bloom because the sun wasn't giving them more than 13.5 hours), so now they have stabilized quite a bit.

I'll detail the current crop with some more pictures later.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom