Hobomedic's First Time Cloning - Medium/Large Yield - Indoor Soil Under HPS

Hobomedic

Greetings Everyone!
This is my first time cloning so I took a ton of clones to make up for any mistakes I'll make (already quite a few). Not sure of the strain, got the mothers from a friend. I took 5 clones from 10 different plants of varying strains. Most I believe are sativa dominant.

I grow indoors in my underground, concrete basement (ideal temp/humidity). I have half the room partitioned off with plastic sheeting. I grow in Roots Organics Original Formula soil with nutrients by the same company. I clone/veg under a 250/400w switchable HPS and bloom under a 1000w HPS. Yes I know I need a better light for clones/rooting.

After cutting each clone I took a sterilized razor to cut at a 45 degree angle and dipped the clone in clonex gel for 3-5 seconds then placed it in peat...thingies (shut up). I soaked the peat in a very mild (2mL) nutrient solution and water. After all the plants were safely in their spots I misted with just water.

Mistakes already made:
Did not pH the water the peat cubes soaked in, which means it was at ~6.5 pH. Maybe too high?
Also many of the plants that I took clones from were weakened from nutrient deficiencies so I'm expecting many clones to die from that alone. Let the strong survive!

20150511_022423.jpg

After misting them and the humidity dome several times per day for about 2 weeks they look pretty good. Only a couple look wilty or are falling over. Picked up a few and saw roots peeking through the pellets so I decided to move them out of the humidity dome (turns out a poor decision) and into red party cups for veg (don't you judge me).

20150511_171149.jpg
20150511_171156.jpg
20150511_185221.jpg

Soooo...I think I took them out of the dome about a week early. There's about 15-20 plants that look hardy and will survive but I think I killed over half. Whoops. This is them a day after moving to cups.

20150512_164411.jpg
20150512_164354.jpg

Looks like I'm going to have about 20-25 good clones. I guess I know these are the strongest of the bunch right? Awful success rate though, gotta stop smoking before working in the garden.

On a complete side note, my current crop I let veg way too long because my parents were coming to visit and they would have gotten here 60 days into bloom, my house would have reeked. So instead I just vegged them longer and they are now in bloom but are super huge. Fucking sativas man, had to raise my stupid light even higher. Here are some pics of the main grow room and this stupid light as I adjust it:

20150514_235704.jpg
20150514_235719.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom