PiperPete's Ice Clones Using Clone King - Indoors - Soil

piperpete

So I've been trying to get one of my regular seeds to produce a decent looking female, so that I can clone her and get a run of Ice going. Finally, I think I have a decent looking female, so I'm going to give it a try. This is my first time cloning.

Given this is my first time out, I have no idea what I am doing. What I do know, is that I am going to wait for the mother plant to grow out a bit, and then identify some shoots to cut. I'm hoping a friend will be stopping over to help me figure out which ones to clip. At any rate, I expect failure, as things tend to fail before they are successful.

Here is my setup (same as usual):

- Seeds
○ These will be clones.
○ Original seeds for mother plant were Ice regular seeds from BuyDutchSeeds.com
○ Shooting for 3 clones first time out.
- Cloning Method
○ Clone King 36
○ Aeroponic

- Soil
○ 100% Roots Organics Potting Soil.

- Water
○ RO water.

- Nutes
○ General Organics.
○ Every other watering at the most.

- Grow Pots
○ 3 gallon round pot.

- Grow Room
○ Tent, 4x2 for germination/seedling/vegetation.
○ Tent 4x3 for Flower.
○ Tents are locked in a 10' x 6' room.

- Lighting
○ 2x T5 Stick CFLs for germination and seedling.
○ 4 Tube, 4 Foot Fluorescent for Vegetation.
○ 600 Watt HPS for Flowering.
○ Going with 24/7 light for Veg under Fluorescents.
○ Planning to go 12/12 for flower under HPS.
-
- Environmental
○ One 1500 Watt fan blown space heater in each tent.
○ Vicks Brand Warm Steam Humidifier in each tent.
○ Vicks Brand Cool Mist Humidifier in each tent.
○ 2x 6" ActiveAir Fan in each room.

- Current Operating Environment
- Veg: 74.5F - 76.5F, 55-60% rH.
- Flower: 75-76.5F, 45-50% rH.

Thanks! :peace:

Re: PiperPete's Ice Clones using Clone King, indoors, in Soil.

Here are a couple of pictures to start with. The first two are pics of the mother plant, the third is the Clone King 36.

IMG_21257.JPG

IMG_21228.JPG

IMG_212610.JPG

After letting the clone king run for 24 hours, I checked the water temp. In the tent, it gets up to 79F. The air temp only gets to 75.5F. I'm guessing the black color is sucking in the light and generating more heat. Not really sure. I'm going to setup a different space for this. It makes sense, because I want to use lower strength lights than what I have in the veg tent, and I am finding that I won't have flexibility. I'll setup a third space for cloning/germinating/seedling. Seems like the right thing to do.

Hoping someone sees this question and can answer.....

I've gone through the forums and from what I can understand, I am going to let the mother plant I have in mind, veg for six weeks or so, then clip. I'm not going to put her into flower.

My questions is, is it normal after 4 weeks in veg for a plant to show pistils? As you can see in the pics previously posted, she seems to have shown sex, but she has never been in flower. Is that even possible, or am I guessing sex incorrectly?

If it is a clone yes its normal for female to show sex.

No, its not a clone. The plant is from seed. Its been under 24 hour light since it popped above soil.

Hmm, so do you all think this plant is a female? Its been under 24 hour light, hasn't gone into flower yet. Its came above the soil on 2/18, so that would make it 5 weeks. Wondering if am mis-sexing it?

IMG_21228.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom