Pete's White Widow - Blackberry - Bubblelicious Grow

Re: Pete's White Widow, Blackberry, Bubblelicious Grow.

I am dying to know if your Blackberry is the same genetically as my Blackberry from Nirvana/Sativa Seed bank, you mentioned you got them from that website, however that doesn't answer to me who bred the strain. If possible let me know :) :thanks:

I'll also note, I'm convinced Nirvana and BuyDutchSeeds is the same company. Their seeds come in identical "stealth" packaging, right down to the same greeting card and seed holder (and bar code sequencing on the packaging). But, I could be wrong.

Today is roughly day 39. I was planning on feeding nutes one more time, which would be Wenesday. After that I was going to give pH'ed water and that's it, no more nutes. Does that sound about right? Too early? Too late?

Lester, did you have light edges on your Blackberry's leaves throughout veg? That one I have in flower weas like that. I have another one in veg right now, and it also has the light edges around the leaves. Not a nute thing, as increasing/decreasing doesn't affect it.

My Blackberry's are in veg. currently (outdoors), they seemed to be a tad bit delicate out of the starting gate but are growing out of it just fine. I believe your Blackberry genetics are the same as mine, so I will be following that one closely.

So I had a bit of a panic moment last night. I was cleaning up the tents (the run off water and dirt at the bottom), and then decided to take a look under a jewelers loupe, at the buds. The white hairs that come out of the bud are turning colors on some of the buds (only a couple). I thought right off the bat that this meant it was time for harvest, which wouldn't compute properly, as its only day 40 or so.

I then read the forums for about 4 hours, and this is the conclusion that I have come to.

I'm at about day 40 for most of the plants. The Blackberry went in a week later. From reading, I'm going to start flushing at the next feeding. I am going to wait until at least half the hairs on all buds on the plant are brown/red, and at least half of the trichomes have started turning amber.

Does that sound right? Or am I missing something?

The hairs turning colors are not completely indicative of flower ripeness. There are multiple factors to consider. Personally for me, my main concern is general bud density, I want to make sure those nugs are hard and resistant to the "cupping". If when I cup them there is very little resistance force from the buds, I know they could still grow longer, unless it's specifically an airy pheno.

Trichome color is a good indicator, however is only one factor in the equation. Some people like to flush for a long time, some people not as long, it's a matter of preference really, some people use 50 gallons, some use 10, etc. However, some people will use a flushing solution actually rather which forms a chelated solution that forces the plant to "eat itself" and metabolize ALL stored up nutrients. It's one reason why I try to stick to all organic nutrients because you don't have to worry about missing the flushing window.

I guess what I'm saying is I'd squeeze gently and cup the nugs to see how dense they are, and in accordance to the hairs and trichomes I can see how long until it's ready, can't really tell from your pics, seems the Blackberry is gonna take longer than some of the other strains -- looks like some buds could definitely use well over 2 weeks. I don't know anyone whose flushed longer than two weeks or so... It would not make sense to just "flush everything and all buds all at the same time equally" unless they are all the same strain, and flowering progress,etc. Since I predict the Bubblicious and White Widow buds would be done much before the BB because of the indica in their genetics. So you would not want to flush bud that isn't even close to being done, ya catch my drift? :surf: Again, sometimes you can't expect things to flower exactly as the breeders say it will, a lot of it is variable to the conditions. General bud density is usually my main concern.

Hope this helps, not sure if it answered any of your questions. Just don't panic! :Namaste:
Stay Relaxed :ganjamon:

Hope this helps, not sure if it answered any of your questions. Just don't panic! :Namaste:
Stay Relaxed :ganjamon:

:thanks:

Yup, that does help. I'll take better pictures over the next day or so. I just got some lens extenders that should help me get tigher pictures. I'll also try your method and let you know how it goes

Thanks again!

Pete

Didn't get a chance to do pictures last night, I was too damn depressed. I found a few seeds on 3 our of the 4 plants. Does that mean I should give up on them and start over?

Didn't find any on the blackberry, yet.

Didn't get a chance to do pictures last night, I was too damn depressed. I found a few seeds on 3 our of the 4 plants. Does that mean I should give up on them and start over?

Didn't find any on the blackberry, yet.

Turn that frown upside down! A few seeds won't hurt anything, if anything now you'll be able to grow more plants!! :thumb::cheer: Don't give up!

Here are a couple of pics of the Blackberry......

SG7A1304.JPG

SG7A1318.JPG

SG7A1331.JPG

SG7A1333.JPG

Thanks man! :thanks:

Was feelin down when I found those seeds. Havin you and lester cheering me on is keeping me going :Namaste:

I looked back through the data, and am pretty sure I know the source of the seeds. Learn from mistake, move on! When the two bubblelicious and the white widow went into flower, there where three other plants in the flower tent. I wasn't aware at the time, but they turned out to be males. I think I may have let them go a bit long, and they may have spit bad stuff out. The reason I think this is because the Blackberry doesn't have any seeds on it that I can find. It didn't go into the flower tent until after those three males were terminated. So, maybe that. I'm still not good at identifying male/female goodies. I'll get there.

Anway, thanks again for the support!

Pete

Well, assuming those "males" you left in the tent were of the same or different strains, you could have now unknowingly bred a new strain! Always look at things on the bright side, I am confident that the majority of your flowers are unpollinated. Very interested in this Blackberry, so keep me posted brother! Keep it Green and Happy Growing Pete! :thumb:

More spam!

These first two are the White Widow.

SG7A1366.JPG

SG7A1363.JPG

These next two are the first of two Bubblelicious.

SG7A1349.JPG

SG7A1351.JPG

This one is a pic of the second Bubblelicious.

SG7A1360.JPG

And finally, the rest of pics of the Blackberry. I'll note, this one is small. I have another one in Veg that isn't but 3 weeks old, and it is already taller than this one in flower.

SG7A1335.JPG

SG7A1348.JPG

SG7A1340.JPG

SG7A1341.JPG

Back
Top Bottom