Sativa Clones Straight to Flower CFL & LST Grow

Good Morning & Good Weed everyone :) The buds seem to be filling out the most along the stem but not really fattening up very much. I'm sure that'll change soon.

I'll be watering without nutes for next 3-4 watering cycles.

Kali Mist Clone - Flower Day 23 ....... Total Days - 37 07-24-13

IMG_55241.JPG
IMG_55261.JPG
IMG_55274.JPG
IMG_55232.JPG

leaves cant block light theyre more efficient than any budsight this i know. anything green can undergo photosynthesise, even buds and stems, but leaves are the most efficient. the leaves have stacked thilakoids or something that makeup each pigment of chlorophyl that can transfer light energy into startch via photosystems 1 2 and the calvin cycle. all require light to happen.

-c4 plants dont live in too hot a climate so are the most efficient at collecting carbon via c02
-c3 plants live in hotter climates and close their stomata when it gets too hot, still efficient but nothing cycles besides oxygen and h20?? when the its too hot and they close up.
-cam plants only collect c02 at night, like cacti and corn (i think, little rusty)

most plants including cannabis are c4 plants

Good morning, happy weed day everyone :)

Thank you for sharing B.Real. I've read so much information on the pros and cons of defoliation its hard to say without doing a side by side test. Which I have yet to find ... I'll be running that experiment probably in 2 harvests. I need to get identical lights to make sure its as accurate as possible. I plan on taking 2 similar sized clones and topping and training the 2 plants identically to keep this experiment as accurate as possible. One will undergo 2-3 defoliations in veg and 2 in flower day 21 and 45 or day 21 and daily partial defoliation to harvest, I'll do a second experiment if defoliation brings a bigger harvest. 1 will receive no defoliation.

As of right now its hard to say which method produces better results. I've seen so many great journals and harvests with both techniques and honestly there may be 0 difference in yield (and taste so I've been told) if this proves to be true for the Kali Mist strain, then defoliation would make tucking and training branches in a scrog screen that much easier :)

EDIT: actually I don't think my experiment would be accurate with CFL's I would most likely need to wait till I have an HPS . Defoliation is to increase light penetration, CFL's lack light penetration.

I forgot to mention I noticed increased thc production yesterday morning, she's getting quite a bit frostier, particularly noticeable on the leaves. Will try to get pics up today.

Good morning, happy weed day everyone :)

I forgot to mention I noticed increased thc production yesterday morning, she's getting quite a bit frostier, particularly noticeable on the leaves. Will try to get pics up today

I love how full that pot is. 10+ bud sites getting ready to fatten up.

I commend you on your defoliating. That's one technique I have not done much with.

+reps :)oops: says I have to spread the love around first. Will catch ya later on the +rep)

:bravo:

Im loving it too! Glad shes smelling nice already. Gonna update my journal right now

Back
Top Bottom