CFL First Time Grow

OneWheelDrive

What strain is it? Unknown. 7 Clones from a friend.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Unknown
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? vegatative
If in Veg... For how long? 2 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? NA
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Indoor Potting Soil/Perlite/Cow Manure Mixture
If soil... What size pot? 22 Gallon Containter
Size of light? 8-68w CFL's 4200 Lumens per light. 2700k
Intake: 1-190cfm Intake fan (Choked down to match exhaust)
Exhaust: 1-uknown cfm 4" inline fan
Temp of Room/cab? Varying 78-88 degrees F,
RH of Room/cab? 20-35%
PH of media or res? 6.0
Any Pests ? not yet
How often are you watering? every other day
Type and strength of ferts used? 10-15-10 7 drops per 2 quarts of water

This will be the documentation of my first grow. Any comments, thoughts, and advice are more then welcome!
Other then the details above here is some more info on my grow:
-It is in a closet which has a usable space measuring 2'L X 1.5' W X 5' H
-I built my light fixture out of baseboard backing strapped together with 1x4. I have 4 sockets wired together each with a Y splitter giving me 8 sockets.
-The lights are 8-68w CFL's. I am looking into adding more light in varying spectrum's and color temps.
-My clones are all the same age except for one which I received as a Christmas present. That plant is about 2 weeks older then the rest.
I have hung a mylar sheet from the outer edge of my light fixture and allow it to hang below the rim of the container. This effectively insulates and reflects light.

Pictures will be up later today 1/5/12
Please feel free to ask questions about the set up if I have left out details!

Like what you have so far. The CFL's pulled me in from the new post section. I have used nothing but CFL's on 6 autos so far. Great results. I'm subbed and look forward to watching your clones. Video is a good way to go.

Howdy, set up looks neat, interested to see how those clones turn out. Although your lights look a little far away?
Also, may I ask why you are using a phosphorous dominated NPK ratio for during veg? Phosphorous typically is used to supplement bud density during flowering, to draw energy in from the leaves in towards the buds.

I believe you would want a nitrogen dominated NPK ratio for vegetation.

Either way, I'm subbed mate

Howdy, set up looks neat, interested to see how those clones turn out. Although your lights look a little far away?
Also, may I ask why you are using a phosphorous dominated NPK ratio for during veg? Phosphorous typically is used to supplement bud density during flowering, to draw energy in from the leaves in towards the buds.

I believe you would want a nitrogen dominated NPK ratio for vegetation.

Either way, I'm subbed mate

Interesting about the phos. didn't realize that.

Here are a bunch of pictures basically covering my entire grow. Any questions/comments please feel free!

IMAG026716.jpg
IMAG026317.jpg
IMAG026216.jpg
IMAG026111.jpg
IMAG025913.jpg
IMAG02569.jpg
IMAG025214.jpg
IMAG024520.jpg
IMAG024413.jpg
IMAG024318.jpg
IMAG024219.jpg
IMAG019715.jpg
IMAG019616.jpg
IMAG018618.jpg
IMAG018315.jpg
IMAG017320.jpg
IMAG015410.jpg
IMAG014516.jpg
IMAG014516.jpg
IMAG015410.jpg
IMAG018618.jpg
IMAG019616.jpg
IMAG017320.jpg
IMAG019715.jpg
IMAG018315.jpg

Just a quick update.
-Added Co2 to the mix. 2 Liter bottle+water+sugar+yeast. Drilled two holes in bottle cap and ran 1/4" tubing along the base of my plants in the container. Also cut notches out of the hose near each plant.

-Added two more lights. Total 10 lights X 68w. Total 680w of CFL power!

-Now with humidity! DIY humidifier. 1 Gallon jug+Rag+Sponges+Water. Cut 1/4 of top half of jug out opposite of the handle as shown in my pic. Feed rag through cap hole and screw cap on securing rag. Fill with water and BAM! Humidity.

-A shitty picture of my local homegrown. 1/4oz@$65

IMAG028613.jpg
IMAG028412.jpg
IMAG027718.jpg
IMAG027614.jpg
IMAG027316.jpg

I love all of the DIY stuff! great job. Those true 68 watt cfll's are nice. Price? Are you gonna have 2 separate types for them or switching to SH? You probably have this on your first post! The tub is a good idea as well. Looks as if the roots will be OK with crowding. Spacing seems good.

I love all of the DIY stuff! great job. Those true 68 watt cfll's are nice. Price? Are you gonna have 2 separate types for them or switching to SH? You probably have this on your first post! The tub is a good idea as well. Looks as if the roots will be OK with crowding. Spacing seems good.

For my first grow I had two restrictions: simple and cheap, therefore DIY is my game. The reason I went with the 68w CFLs is that Home Depot is discontinuing them. They sell for $19 and I got mine for $3.99 each. For what the light is it was simple and cheap. I am looking into different lights but not until the next grow for major changes. However I may add a couple of these suspended in between my plants.

Amazon.com: E27 110V 18W 330 LED 1600LM 7000-8000k Pure White Light LED Spot Light Bulb: Home Improvement

1662757770606.png

For my first grow I had two restrictions: simple and cheap, therefore DIY is my game. The reason I went with the 68w CFLs is that Home Depot is discontinuing them. They sell for $19 and I got mine for $3.99 each. For what the light is it was simple and cheap. I am looking into different lights but not until the next grow for major changes. However I may add a couple of these suspended in between my plants.

Amazon.com: E27 110V 18W 330 LED 1600LM 7000-8000k Pure White Light LED Spot Light Bulb: Home Improvement

Just checked your link. Will those work for veg? Is the color in the spectrum right? seems to good to be true!

Hey guys I have a question. I am not observing the growth I have seen in other grows. The first thing that pops to mind is that my temps have been running higher then usual, 83-95F. Could this be my culprit?

Thanks in advance!
OneWheelDrive

Quick update:

Picture and video quality will be increasing 10X after the next round of shots.

Growth from my oldest clone has really taken off. Will be posting pruning before and after pictures.

The rest of the ladies are slowly catching up. As referenced by JBC420 I think it just took them a while to get into "full veg".

More pics up later today!

Here is the 123 on these pictures:
1) They are semi ordered, a group of pre-trim and post trim.
2) We have a lady bug in the garden!
3) Video will be posted at the end.

Here is the video. Sorry for all the posts, my computer is a moody bitch.

Check out the new fan on the light fixture, the new intake set up, 2.0v humidifier, and optimized flow calibration on exhaust fan (shortened the length the piping had to run.)

Back
Top Bottom