Strain: Auto #1
Type: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
Height: 25cm-75cm
Harvest: 60-70 days from seed

Strain: Trans Siberian Auto
Type: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
Height: 30cm-80cm
Harvest: 65-70 days from seed

All four autos are in grow closet (6' wide x 2.6' deep x 7.5' high)
All four are Fem seeds
Will be grown in Fox Farm Oceans soil
3 gallon pots ( germinated seeds straight to pots )
Size of light: 6 T8's @32 watts ( all Daylight 6500k ) ( possibly switch to 2700k later in flowering ) 10 CFL's @26 watts ( 2700k )
Is it air-cooled: At this point I have two small 4" fans pulling air from the bottom of the closet to the outside room. During set up trial I am finding this will probably not work. Temp taken from various parts of the closet give me around 89 degrees. Humidity around 50%. This is without plants growing. I use two cheap humidity meters. They both are measuring the same (different brands)

This is my first grow since the mid-eighties! I was not that good then! I am open to any advice. Note: I am on a serious budget enforced by my wife. The first issue I need to handle is better venulation. I cannot cut any holes and prefer to stay with a passive fan set up. I suppose I should get a bigger vent fan and fresh air fan. Second issue is my CFL set up. I tried a type of DIY and I will have to re-visit this immediately. My seeds will be here any day. I was going to use them for the seedlings and then as side lights. I either have to rotate the plants or create another set of side lights. The deep size of the closet is taken up by the T8's. All lights are set up for raising and lowering. The closet is lined with Mylar beyond the height maximum of all 4 plants.
I have researched watering schedules and nutes till my eyes went black! I am drawn to Fox Farm products and like what I have read about Tiger Bloom. Not sure what else to add. I will have to make up my mind soon. I plan to start using Nutes after two weeks from seed (?) My local tap water PH reads above 7.0. Nestle bottled water reads 6.6. Is it ok to use bottled water or should I use a PH buffer? I have been told by a few folks that PH down used for fish tanks will work (?).

I will add pics of the closet with this post. I will start to germ this week hopefully. I plan on using the cup and water method then straight to their own 3 gallon pot. I realize the auto seeds are a bit different from one another. The extra CFL's should help with the height differences. I chose Autos because they are interesting, apparently faster grow, and I have no need for a big yield. I chose T8's and CFL's because of Lower heat, hopefully less electric expense, research, goes against the status qou, and I had many of the needed parts laying around my garage.

I welcome any advice or opinions. Just remember I am new and not an expert! What I have learned is 99% from you guys and your journals.

photo_1_56.JPG
photo_2_49.JPG
photo258.JPG

Please keep us updated on ur grow , as I had some automatic strains that were defected and never grew properly , So im still not sure on growing Auto's as it seemed a waste of my time last try. Normal strains I never have any problems with.

Please keep us updated on ur grow , as I had some automatic strains that were defected and never grew properly , So im still not sure on growing Auto's as it seemed a waste of my time last try. Normal strains I never have any problems with.

Thanks for stopping by! I will update as soon as I am germing.

no probs mate, im always around, if you have any questions then just ask, and if i dont know the answer then ill find someone that does,
also dont forget their are contests to enter, voting has started and is nearly over for this month, if you click on the contest link in my sig you will find all 3 contests to enter, their is plant of the month, nug of the month and member of the month, the plant of the month must be your own, the nug of the month can be your own or anything you have bought, you just need to take a pic and post it, also a quick description on what it is and how it tastes etc, but you can enter at any time and the prizes are well worth entering for, go and check them out and im sure you will see why its worth entering,

give me a shout if you need anything

no probs mate, im always around, if you have any questions then just ask, and if i dont know the answer then ill find someone that does,
also dont forget their are contests to enter, voting has started and is nearly over for this month, if you click on the contest link in my sig you will find all 3 contests to enter, their is plant of the month, nug of the month and member of the month, the plant of the month must be your own, the nug of the month can be your own or anything you have bought, you just need to take a pic and post it, also a quick description on what it is and how it tastes etc, but you can enter at any time and the prizes are well worth entering for, go and check them out and im sure you will see why its worth entering,

give me a shout if you need anything

Thanks! I am pretty much set up and waiting for my seeds to arrive. Hurricane Issac has shut down postal service for the past two days.
I added 4 more CFL's @ 23 watts. I went down and purchased 2 bags of Fox farm Oceans soil today. Should I wait until I start germing to add the soil to my 3 gallon pots? One last question. I want to use Fox Farm nutes. What should I use? Tiger bloom for flowering? and what for veg? Thanks for any help!

when you next order seeds head over to herbies head shop, he has the lowest prices and delivery is fast and discreet, also if you buy just 1 seed then you get 3 seeds free, you will get 2 free regular seeds and the other free seed will be a fem seed or auto fem, plus if you post a msg with your order and mention this site and my screen name then herbie will look after you a whole lot more, you will get the odd bonus every now and again when you place a couple of orders with herbie, when i buy from their i only buy 1 or 2 seeds at a time and the free seeds add up, so its well worth a look

when you next order seeds head over to herbies head shop, he has the lowest prices and delivery is fast and discreet, also if you buy just 1 seed then you get 3 seeds free, you will get 2 free regular seeds and the other free seed will be a fem seed or auto fem, plus if you post a msg with your order and mention this site and my screen name then herbie will look after you a whole lot more, you will get the odd bonus every now and again when you place a couple of orders with herbie, when i buy from their i only buy 1 or 2 seeds at a time and the free seeds add up, so its well worth a look

Damn that sounds good. I will. The are still not here!!! I am about to cry like a child on Christmas eve!!

Hey Spring...I'm in :thumb:

I really like the look of your set up and hope you can get the ventilation sorted OK so you don't get the stress of high temps.

I'll be interested to see how the growth of the Autos goes.

I'd recommend Herbies too, yes the free seeds but their service is quick and discreet, quality appears to be very good and their customer service is excellent too.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Hey Spring...I'm in :thumb:

I really like the look of your set up and hope you can get the ventilation sorted OK so you don't get the stress of high temps.

I'll be interested to see how the growth of the Autos goes.

I'd recommend Herbies too, yes the free seeds but their service is quick and discreet, quality appears to be very good and their customer service is excellent too.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Fluffy! I am thrilled you stopped by. I value your opinion! I Moved my fans around some today and it helped. I may have to leave the door cracked a bit. That works 100%. At this point all I can do is research and experiment with the lights, temps, and ventilation. I really wanted to have my grow going by now. I still have yet to see my seeds! I am a bit inpatient. We had a hurricane in this part of the states that slowed everything down.

drop my screen name in a msg when you buy from herbies and mention this site and you will be more than looked after, also when you place the 2nd order with herbies thank them for the great service and great prices and im sure you will have some extra thrown, in, just a heads up, herbies is by far the best place to order from, i have had 100% success with every seed i buy and even the regular seeds give me a high female to male ratio, so its the only place i buy from, plus as mentioned the service is far better than most other seed banks

:):)
drop my screen name in a msg when you buy from herbies and mention this site and you will be more than looked after, also when you place the 2nd order with herbies thank them for the great service and great prices and im sure you will have some extra thrown, in, just a heads up, herbies is by far the best place to order from, i have had 100% success with every seed i buy and even the regular seeds give me a high female to male ratio, so its the only place i buy from, plus as mentioned the service is far better than most other seed banks

Will do! I appreciate the heads up. They seem to be the choice!!!!:thumb:

Thanks Fluffy! I am thrilled you stopped by. I value your opinion! I Moved my fans around some today and it helped. I may have to leave the door cracked a bit. That works 100%. At this point all I can do is research and experiment with the lights, temps, and ventilation. I really wanted to have my grow going by now. I still have yet to see my seeds! I am a bit inpatient. We had a hurricane in this part of the states that slowed everything down.

I'll just add a bit of my experience in regards to impatience. :) TRY TO NOT BE!!:blalol:

I personally murdered 5 plants this year with my overeagerness.:oops::rip:

Wait until you've got your setup pretty solid and READ READ READ!!:reading420magazine: As you're well aware of I'm sure there are a LOT of great growers on here and they're all extremely helpful if you first try to help yourself I've found. And my confidence in my ability to reach a fine harvest has exponentially grown (no pun intended) knowing there is this fantastic resource with such amazing people on it to help guide through the trouble and cheer you on through the good times! You'll thank yourself, really. :)

That said, I'm in!:popcorn: You've got a great start! and I'm looking forward to your reward too!

Peace!

Korloin - Former Plant Killah! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom