1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

soysawce

Journal 1 of hopefully alot more to come !
If you guys have any pointers for me please let me know i would be very greatful.
Okay so my grow room has mylar its about 4 feet by 4 feet i had a nice wood table and i stapled and tacked To table and walls . This table is in my basement which is in a extra bedroom. I am using 2x 100 watt cfl lights they only take 23 watts of power according to package . I have a big square fan sitting on table but its not really hitting the plant that i currently have in there but its circulating the air which is good i think. Right now planted is a random bag seed from nice bud . My White widow and autoblue have finally sprouted from their seed shell . I used the wet paper towel method i put into a dvd case with one paper towel i wet it a little then i placed the seed then another paper towel right on top of that and wet it a little more its been about 2 days and they popped . Going to plant them tonight and i will upload new pics!

bud257.jpg

Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa
Flowering: Autoflowering
Height: Medium
Area: Indoor & Outdoor (going for the indoor)

bud1u.jpg

Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa
Flowering: Autoflowering
Height: Medium
Area: Indoor & Outdoor
Genetics: Critical+ Autoflowering x White Widow

My setup
herb5y.jpg

herb42.jpg

herb61.jpg

For this plant i used miracle grow potting soil and miracle grow perlite . But i figured since everyone reccomends foxfarm i picked up one of those huge bags because they sold nothing smaller . :3 . Im just going to leave the bag seed that i have planted in the soil its currently in because i dont want to change up soils i dont know if thats safe or what haha. Here is a picture of it its been like 5 days planted if im counting right maybe a week. I wasnt really keeping track for that one but im going to be on top of all of the other ones i plant . For the white widow and auto blue i have 5 auto blue and 1 white widow . Right now im only going to plant 1 widow 1 autoblue they are just about to finish germinating and they will be planted this afternoon or tonight. Unless i should do it right now they just popped out of seed this morning when i checked it out . But heres a picture of that random bag seedling.
herb2r.jpg

Here is the picture that they came in for the other 2 i have .
herb71.jpg

Re: 1st time grow White Widow and Seedmakers Autoblue

Very nice! I have some plants the same age right now. I am going to follow this grow. Is this your first grow? I used Miricle grow my first Journal and quickly transplanted to Fox Farm. Its too early for you now, but as the plant gets a week or so older it will be healthy enough to transplant. I have pictures on how to do it in my first and second journals. Its the way I do it.. there are other ways too.

Good luck to you. If you do pop into one my journals post up and say Hi.

Hey ther. I'm a noob myself but I have researching a ton autos. I plan using them on my next grow. From what iv read you can't wrong either of those light cycles for an auto. Iv read some people say that the whole plant, espeialy the roots actually grow more in the dark than during the light. During the light the plant is occupyed with photosynthesis, that's how it gets energy. But in the dark it doesn't have to focus on getting the energy, it focuses on using it. So a few hours of dark are good. But... Iv also read that since the over all life span of an auto is sooo short that they benefit from 24 of light. Most seem to go with 20/4 tho. That's what I plan on doing.

For your room, I'd hang a fly strip. Not only will maybe capture any bugs before they can get at your plants, but even if they do there's a good chance at least will get stuck to the strip so you have a nice sample of what ur dealing with. Many people spray their whole house before a grow. And they get rid of other house plants that might be carrying bugs, fungus, or disease. And many don't wear dirty clothes into their grow room so they don't bring in stuff from the lawn or wherever theyv been that day. I use bloom box so I don't have to sweat it as much. But pests, mites mostly, have sent a lot of journals over to the abandoned section. That and temp issues seem to kill a lot of grows for noobs. I'm only on my first grow but iv read literally a hundred journals. 101 now, haha.

Good luck tho, I plan on following along. I'm curious to see the total height those get. Like I said I use bloom box so I'm rather restricted on height. But other than that I fn love thing. It's all in one and worth all the dough. Iv been looking at set ups for a few years and saved for another. I'm happy with my choice. Stop by my journal and check it out. Or just google BCNl bloom box. But iv seen some HUGE plants come out of set ups just like you have. Just realize the first grow is for learning. Any bud is just a bonus. That is the ending theme of EVERY noob journal iv read.

Grow Strong!

I use autos a lot, it helps break up the harvest due dates so I can harvest a plant about every 12 to 20 days or so.
I grow 4 reg plants in a 3x3x6 grow tent and 6 or 8 autos in the closet(2x4x8) next to the tent.
I also use dwc now so I get bigger plants.

2 of my autos at harvest:goodluck:
this is the last Afghan Kush Ryder we grew(the best smoke from an auto so far, just orderd 12 more seeds)

IMG_32674.JPG

Supersonic Cristal Storm our first auto, a free seed
IMG_36821.JPG

Wow, those look great Cruiser. Do you prune much or are they naturally all bud like that? Most the pics iv seen seem all bud but Uv never done auto. What strain would you recommend growing in 42inch box? And my box has two sides, A veg chamber with a spot for a mum and a shelf for a clone dome. It holds 12 in a DWC under A large cfl. It has a 400w hid on the flower side w co2 injection and two t5's on bottom running between the plants shining straight to get totall penetration. ( hehe) My goal is to have a rotating perpetual grow like yourself. So in thought of going autos so I can harvest every month instead every two. Do you think autos would transplant well in that type of situation?

I'm trying to bump your thread Sauce. Hope you don't mind. A revolving grow like Cruiser has is what most people eventually want so hopefully we can both pick up some tips and I'm not wasting space on you page.

Good work to both of you!

Wow, those look great Cruiser. Do you prune much or are they naturally all bud like that? Most the pics iv seen seem all bud but Uv never done auto. What strain would you recommend growing in 42inch box? And my box has two sides, A veg chamber with a spot for a mum and a shelf for a clone dome. It holds 12 in a DWC under A large cfl. It has a 400w hid on the flower side w co2 injection and two t5's on bottom running between the plants shining straight to get totall penetration. ( hehe) My goal is to have a rotating perpetual grow like yourself. So in thought of going autos so I can harvest every month instead every two. Do you think autos would transplant well in that type of situation?

I'm trying to bump your thread Sauce. Hope you don't mind. A revolving grow like Cruiser has is what most people eventually want so hopefully we can both pick up some tips and I'm not wasting space on you page.

Good work to both of you!

Thanks
I trim only leaves on my autos.(for the most part)
Autos have a short life don't want to stress them out, thats why I start them in the same container I harvest them in.
I was using cfl/led but went to small hid/led this month.
Afghan Kush Ryder is some of the best smoke I've grown so far!

I love watching them come out of the ground.
You got a good start....keep it up.
I run my lights at 20/4 on the autos, seed to chop.

I topped mine when they had six real nodes, not counting the embryo leaves that are there when they first sprout. This is for major topping like I did tho. I think you could get away with it sooner if you not cutting so much off. I chopped mine just above the second true node (leaf/branch) to get four main colas. It's called the Uncle Ben Technique and uv seen it work realy well and all mine I did it to have four main colas except one, it has three and fourth kinda split into two medium ones.

But you have autos and i don't think your supposed to top them cuz they're life is short and they don't have time to recover. But I'm not totally sure. Hopefully somebody with more first hand knowledge can way in for you.

Good luck tho man! I'm interested to see how it turns out.

I topped mine when they had six real nodes, not counting the embryo leaves that are there when they first sprout. This is for major topping like I did tho. I think you could get away with it sooner if you not cutting so much off. I chopped mine just above the second true node (leaf/branch) to get four main colas. It's called the Uncle Ben Technique and uv seen it work realy well and all mine I did it to have four main colas except one, it has three and fourth kinda split into two medium ones.

But you have autos and i don't think your supposed to top them cuz they're life is short and they don't have time to recover. But I'm not totally sure. Hopefully somebody with more first hand knowledge can way in for you.

Good luck tho man! I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Thanks for info but the blue and white container are autos but the bigger one is a bag seed so i should top this right?

Your setup looks great man. So do your babies. I dont know much about topping myself and am currently looking into that. Your plants look a little new to be topping them now though... Ive also heard of LST (low stress training) where you tie certain branches to give your plant a shape which is helpful for indoor grows. Someone wrote about it on my Journal... you can check it out or look it up in the forums. That's what Im gonna do. That and looking into topping... (heard there were different kinds to either limit vertical growth or promote bushiness)

Good luck with your grow man!

Check out my journal to know a lil more about LST
Hydro - First Grow - 200W CFL Vegetation & 430W HID Flowering

soysawce,

you are doing something wrong if that is how they look after 1 week and 2 weeks old. Stressing those plants out somewhow. ie temp, ph, watering, etc

Your plants are not near old enough to do anything with them. wait 2 more weeks at least.

Back
Top Bottom