1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

Re: 1st time grow White Widow and Seedmakers Autoblue

Thanks for all the support . The big square fan i used in the grow room i actually have it on the floor standing up blowing air into the room just around the bed sheet i have hanging . Im picking up one of those thermonotors with humidity levels so i can make sure they are at the right spot and what not .

I use 10 to 12 fans to move air in/out/around my grow, and it's all cooled by my house a/c.

So i added some perlite on top of the plants and i came to check on em and it changed color is this bad? I checked the ph on my soil it shows around 8 7.5 and on the moisture of soil it still shows 10 wet.

Here is a pic of them close up
help1x.jpg

help2j.jpg

What kind of nutes should i buy for later on and when should i get my plants going on them i think i saw people say big grow and tiger bloom or something like that by foxfarm. -edit-

I have used fox farm and they are good quality nutes. They have a proven track record. I am a former Fox Farm user.

The best nutes in MY OPINION is Blue Planet Nutrients. For a new grower, I would highly recommmend you go with organic nutes as they are much more forgiving if you give them too much. Fox farm does NOT have an organic line of Nutes though Big Bloom alone is organic.

Blue Planet Farmers Pride Organic. They are a sponsor and a small company of 1. That means you deal with the owner all the time. I have found him most knowledgable. His prices are lower than most also.

I make nothing by recommending these nutes. I am just grateful for his help to me. My second journal used Blue Planet exclusively and and I placed very high in Plant of the Month and Nug of the Month contests on those nutes.

blueplanetnutrientsDOTcom

I'm just going to go with the foxfarm I have watched and read a lot on it already . Going to pick it all up tomorrow . I'm using foxfarm ocean forest soil or something like that right now and the bag says dont need any kind of fertilizer for 30 days so should I not add nutes for those 30 days. Right now my plants are 5 days old from when they sprouted out of the soil . I saw a chart on foxfarm schedule says start week 1 but I wonder if I should.

If you used Fox Farm Ocean Forest for your seedlings as is, right out of the bag you are good for 2-3 weeks. THis soil is considered by most too hot for seedlings. I mix mine with Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil about 50/50. Fox Farm Happy Frog is more peat based and is ideal for seedlings but it says right on the bag to add nutes in 5 days. So Happy Frog doesn't have much I need except texture and to dilute the high fertilizer chunky stuff that is Ocean Forest.

I have had seedlings just like yours in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Both grows I had plants (not all) that had nute burn on early leaves. They made it, and were great producers, I did nothing to intervene except water only when needed.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a fantastic soil for these plants once they make it through the first 2-3 weeks. I wouldn;t change anything. Just go easy on the nutes when you start them if you see burned edges or they show any signs of struggle. They aren't being undernuted for sure!

Okay well the older plant is still in the miracle gro moisture control potting soil mixed with perlite still . So it never looks like it drys up. The other 2 plants that is using foxfarm ocean forest soil is starting to dry up now finally :D . I feel the top its fairly dry but when i put the moisture level tester it shows it at the half mark now on the dry/wet meter so it is defniatly drying up . Tomorrow should be the actual 1 week mark on the smaller ones i will take a picture tomorrow sometime.

soysawce before too long you will need to add more lights!

I would at least have one of those drop lights for each plant, then as they get bigger you can add a couple more if need be for side lighting, hope this helps. I always try to make sure each plant has its own set of lights instead of multiple sharing just one or two.

i would shoot for ~50w per plant

If you get those bulbs you should be great in that tent for most of the grow, once you get about two weeks into flowering you will notice where the lights are used best and you can add more accordingly if needed. Your well on the right track:bravo:

The more CFLs the better. With CFLs I go with 4 23w (100w equivelent) per sqare foot. I also make sure all the sides, top, and floor are reflective using either flat white paint, mylar, or panda plastic.

Here are a couple shots of my lighting from my first journal.

Flower_Day_10_007.JPG

Transplant_to_3gal_023.JPG

Back
Top Bottom