1st Time Grow White Widow & Seedmakers Autoblue

Re: 1st time grow White Widow and Seedmakers Autoblue

I planted them 8/5/2012 its not really going to be 7 days till like 10 pm my time the temp is around 75-79 degrees . It might be watering too much because the water has been so damp i have a moisture test stick and it says wet i havent bothered watering them in a few days i have a little spray bottle i have been spraying them like 2-3 times a day maybe i should stop this?

I use house water from sink to water I have a three way meter to register ph moister and light. Could it be too much light? I barely water them because I don't want to over water and the moister shows 10 which is max on the tester and says wet . That's why I have been spraying them.

I'm subbed, good luck! I too will be doing an autoflower white widow soon as soon as my current grow is done (lady pink plant) I'm very curiouse on the yeild and potency of the autoflower widow strain.

Here is a meter for the soil moisture should it be this high? I dont water it much anymore because its been like that for awhile..

meterx.jpg

They look a little wet on the feet, but that could just be the lighting... It looks really humid and damp in the pics. It also looks like you could put the lights a little closer if you had some more ventilation just my opinion hope it helps:smokin:

I don't think those are ready to top for at least another 10 days to 2 weeks. With regard to moisture.... The best moisture meter money can buy is a digital postage scale. Weigh them dry and wieigh them after a full watering where you see runoff in the trays.

Once you have those two magic numbers... dry weight and full wet wieght. YOu can weigh them to determine how much water is in them. THis method works very well when all the pots are the same size.

The #1 rookie mistake is over watering. Using a scale takes all the guess work out. To get the roots to go deep (which makes your plants grow faster and much bigger) you need a wet/dry cycle of watering. Let the plants get fairly close to the dry scale weight before you water them. Don't wait till they wilt however.

If you can get the hang of th wet/dry cycle these plants will do very well. Take a look at my grow which is the same age. I am no pro, but I have quite a bit of experience making mistakes.

I always count the days after the sprout, I think if the lights were closer and a little more vent it would help with the moister evaporation and allow the roots to grow more quickley, personly I think your plants should already be doubled in size but dont take that as too educated lol Also just a quick idea if you have any pearlite left over or if a few dollers isnt an issue throw a handfull on the top it will help keep the knats and other damp bugs away and also help draw moister:goodluck:

You have it in a basement right? I would at least use the pearlite a dehumidifier could come later i guess its your choice but I would try to get a little more airflow into your tent. I wouldnt put too much on the young plant for now just enough for a nice breeze inside the tent to help keep humidity down and dry the soil out like it would in nature.

Then a dehimudifier would be wonderful im sure the basement makes everything damp, it would make life easier but its all up to your budget too. I forot how many cfls you have I too grow with nothing but budget cfls and the closer to the soil and plant the better. I love cfls and get great results but its up to your needs and finding that right adjustment to get all your variables to where you want them. Venilation is key in your situation especially since your in a damp basement i would try to put a fan outside the tent also, that way you always have fresher air :thumb:

Definitely will be checking on this almost every day! Starting my first grow(with autos) fairly soon here. Just waiting for the seeds to come, then I am ordering a stealth pc box. But for the watering, as it was mentioned earlier, let them go almost COMPLETELY dry before you water again. As they said it helps the roots develop, and grow longer because of the search for water. I've read probably around 50 or so journals, and they seem to do the wet/dry cycle, without the weighing though. You should be watering 2-3 times a week. Unless your girls are thirsty, if they are thirsty, give them water :D. Oh, another thing I saw was you stick your finger down about an inch-1.5 inches and if it's wet/damp, don't water. I will continue to watch and try and give advice(as i have no personal experience and only that of which I have read about so far) whenever I am able! Good luck my friend! Smoke on :lot-o-toke:

Your plants look pretty good. I hope you don't mind but I have literally hours and hours of free time at work so looked around other journals with the same question and and reputable people like That Jorge guy and Uncle Ben. The general conscinis seems to be not before three nodes even for small topping. And after five for major. Google uncle bend topping technique and thers like 380 page thread about with links to some other good ones in there too. Some other good questions are brought up as well. The whole thing would take hours but read the first few pages. If you'd like ofcourse.

Growstrong!

I would deffinatley wait to top them to you at least have the first 4 nodes I agree with everyone else just be patient the little lady will grow beautifully with patience and a little tlc and help from friends ;)

I have an order of auto white widow seeds from Dinafem nd sum blue himalaya auto from short stuff
And a whole bunch of freebies can't wait to get mine.. It will be my first grow

Totally subbed for this one we basically got the same strain

Good luck man

Thanks for all the support . The big square fan i used in the grow room i actually have it on the floor standing up blowing air into the room just around the bed sheet i have hanging . Im picking up one of those thermonotors with humidity levels so i can make sure they are at the right spot and what not .

I have an order of auto white widow seeds from Dinafem nd sum blue himalaya auto from short stuff
And a whole bunch of freebies can't wait to get mine.. It will be my first grow

Totally subbed for this one we basically got the same strain

Good luck man

I just did some blue himalaya, it was good and smells sweet, but it has a large root mass so be ready.

Back
Top Bottom