Third Times A Charm They Say

Korloin

Hey Everybody! Korloin here jumping in the pool.

Going for another round and this one will go well! I can feel it.
After killing my first indica bagseed right before going to flower and
rushing into another round with more bagseed to no avail, I've taken the oft recommended advice of you more experienced growers and sat down and researched/ read/ absorbed the gifts of your labors.:thanks:

The Skinny:

What Strain is it?

Drizella (c99/White widow X c99/romulan f3)

Kush (starkush X k.o kush)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Drizella - Indica/Sativa % Sativa Dominant

Kush - Indica

How Many Plants?

Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?

2 of each in veg. 1 Drizella germinating

If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?

Just popped 3days ago

Indoor or Outdoor?

Indoor

Soil or Hydro?

soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix?

1/3 Potting Soil - 1/3 peat - 1/3 Farm compost (then mixed w/ 1/4 perlite)
(tried my hand at mixing my own, due to impatience and poverty)

If Soil... What Size Pot?

6inch

Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?

right now under 1 3ft 30w Flou tube while in seedling stage

Soon to be in box w/ 250w HID

Is it Air Cooled?

In a big ole permeable freestanding laundry closet at the moment.

Finishing up the grow box vent system

Temperature of Room/Cabinet?

73F

RH of Room/Cabinet?

Any Pests? Had some soil bugs (aphids?) while seeds were in germ

How Often are you Watering?

haven't yet other than the peat pots before i stuck 'em in

Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?

7drops thrive (10-10-10) in 1gal hard water (ph neutral) used to wet the peat pots

Size or Square Footage of Room?

Laundry closet is @ 18"x5'x5'

Box 2'x2'x4'

Temporary housing
laundrycloset.jpg

Work in progress
box2resized.jpg

Design Concept (open to revision)
front_box-ventilation.jpg

ceiling_box-ventilation.jpg

The babies:

Baby Driz
babyDriz.jpg

Squiggy (Had trouble getting her cotyledon to bust the hull film. Had to help her out.:bitingnails:
babySquiggy.jpg

The Kush Twins
babyKush.jpg

Any and all advice, criticisms and opinions welcome and encouraged!

I'm feeling good, but I'm still a total friggin' noob.:Namaste:

Re: Third Times A Charm They Say........

Just noticed, Theirs a Fly on the last picture x], Anyway - Try get us a Picture up of the CFL's your hanging - Be interesting to see what your ideas are on that matter are, I'll try get my hands on a camera or Phone soonish to get some pictures up for you though dude. I'm pretty chuffed as it's my first ever grow and i'm already looking at placing another order for 30 seeds :O

Outspoken said:
Just noticed, Theirs a Fly on the last picture x], Anyway - Try get us a Picture up of the CFL's your hanging - Be interesting to see what your ideas are on that matter are, I'll try get my hands on a camera or Phone soonish to get some pictures up for you though dude. I'm pretty chuffed as it's my first ever grow and i'm already looking at placing another order for 30 seeds :O

I'll post some pics when I get home from work. I've been taking the babes out to the yard during the day as I was worried the tube wasn't giving enough light. Hence the fly. :)

Update!!

Seedlings back under the 23w cfl's. Flouro tube just didn't seem to be cutting it. The 2 Kush in front, the Drizella's in back.
cfls4.jpg

Squiggy making a comback!
squiggy2.jpg

The Kush going strong.
kush24.jpg

kush19.jpg

Driz hanging in there too!
driz.jpg

For Outspoken. A few of my DIY CFl things from before.

I had 4-23w 6100k CFL's in the adapters and 2 42w 2700k's in the top sockets.....
6cflhanger.jpg

hanging from this DIY reflector I made from some flashing material and painted white.
diyreflector.jpg

I used this and the hanger over the new seedlings as sidelights
cflsides.jpg

Oops. I meant 6500k cfls on that one pic. :/

Revised design after consult w/ Outspoken. ;)

Although I'm thinking I might drop the glass down to @ 9" from the top to accomodate a larger bulb. In case I want to go the full 400watts. Provided I can keep everything within decent temp/ humidity parameters, that is. :)

revised-front.jpg

revised-ceiling.jpg

Hi there Korloin. The first thing that jumped out was drawing grow chamber air to cool the light. But you revised it I see. Now you can control the two banks of fans separately and maybe do a CO2 supplementation. See jandre2k3's write up on a DIY CO2 generator.

Looking good. Good job on squiggy and the hull. A lot of times that's a death sentence when you try to help them.

I'm along for the ride!

Thanks Heirloom!

Talking things out really helped reason settle in......eventually.
Don't know how I wasn't considering the humidity factor in. Seems so elementary now.

Squiggy has straightened up and is looking pretty good! A bit behind Driz and the Kush, but I think she'll (?) be alright.
Discovered I wasn't dropping the beans deep enough. Another lesson learned. ;)

Gonna cut some holes and get some fans in tomorrow. My ballast should arrive soon too. Thinking I might just put em' under MH if I get the temps ok in the box. Fingers Crossed!

I've read that CO2DIY before. Something I could definitely put together. Do you have an opinion on these CO2 tabs I've been seeing? Seems easy peasy, but that sometimes translates to waste of money I've found. I am curios though. A lot less messy.

:peace:

Korloin

Hey man, Sorry i didnt get around to talking yesterday had a highly medicated day with my bong >_>, Anyway - That setups looking miles better now man, I was looking to see how high you was sticking the lights, thats pretty good shit man, I'm doing the same just with the 200w CFL im using, Just more like strip lighting across the top of 'em, Anyway good news, I've replaced the babes i've lost now dude, went and put an order down for 2x Double bubblegum and 3 Fem Kush Van Stitch. - Fingers crossed they're gonna germinate by tonight - One's looking pretty happy already, Anyway man as for the Co2 Factor, It depends how much your gonna be checking on your babies aswell, I mean having mine - I live near alot of factorys which produce Co2, Not to mention im constantly spending time around them so im breathing out my own Co2 - You might not really need to produce Co2 For them... If you follow me? It also depends on how many people and pets you have in the home, do you keep windows closed? Etc etc.. It's worth more research in to anyway - I'm just basing facts on my own opinion and what i've read from other Peoples opinions thats working for me.. - Not to step on your toes heirloom :morenutes:

Hey love to join in with you, great ideas so far and good job helping lil squiggly out. I will help in any way I can I am new myself but have already learned a ton. Thanks and good luck!

Looks like we've a Forth Participant lol, :welcome: to the Squad bro!, We're all beginners at some magnitude, What you growing dude?

Looks like we've a Forth Participant lol, :welcome: to the Squad bro!, We're all beginners at some magnitude, What you growing dude?

I currently have purple skunk, Blueberry x Jack Herer and finally sweet Island Skunk. They all came from reg seed so I am hoping for at least one good mother from them. I just got my card couple weeks ago and sunk the beans in the soil same day. I was donated almost all of my equipment. 2 1000 watt combo ballasts with bulbs, 2 600 watt one halide one HPS, and 1 400 watt halide. The seven or eight part FF nute solutions a 4 x 4ft T5 HO flouresecent ballast pulleys cords the works for all the lights. I was then given about 200 Purple Skunk, 120 Blueberry x Jack Herer, and 75 Sweet Island Skunk seeds while I was waiting on my seed order. I am quite excited, my girls (crosses fingers) are between 6 and 13 days old. Gonna start a journal soon. Thanks for asking this will be fun.

Damn man, What a Donation o.o; Good luck on getting a Good mother aswell dude, You considering Lower Stress training?? They say it potentially helps to get good females, Also stress is supposed to affect the plant making it more likely to be male, Seems it could help in my opinion, But there ya are.. Anyway man, Whats the Space your growing in dude?? I bet you got quite the Room for your kit?

Currently running a ten by six space by eight feet high. I talked the wife into giving up an entire room for me the babies nursery with the flourescent is in the closet in that room. I have a six inch exhaust fan just passive intake currently using panda film to cordone off the space. I am kind of flying by the seat of my pants currently....but am making improvements as money allows. Just received my Northern Lights, Aurora Indica, Blue Dream Haze, Bubba 76, RP OG Kush, Industrial Plant and last but not least Amnesia Auto by Dinafem seeds........so exciting thinking about hitting the auto up first to see if I can get some quick nugs......
Just wanted to add that currently only have the 600w HPS and the 400w Halide going right now, until I get the 220 timer junction box installed, which can run 4000 watts of lights on its own, I do not have enough safe electricity to run more than that.....

Hey Outspoken link to the blog is not working in your sig, you know of any good links to LST? Thanks a bunch!

I know about the link bro, Had to delete as Cat got to most of the plants and killed 'em, Got some new babies growing atm but no Digi cam, Will be Reposting as soon as I have a Cam. ^_^; :thumb:

Welcome aboard Shizz! Hope I don't run this boat aground ;)

I lst'd my first try and was amazed at how well she responded. Was doing the "tie down around the rim" technique I acquired from one of the posters here. (can't recall atm) basically, supported the main stem down low with a tie pulling back and secured to one end of the pot. Then brought the top down in the opposite direction and tied down so it sat below the plane of the side branches. Then after the sides took off in growth did the same around the pot. Was going great until I killed her. :(. I'll definitely be doing it with these guys. The Kush looks like it wants to get up! And the Driz are sativa Dom hybrids, so once they get over the seed hull drama they're gonna soar I think.

Hey Outspoken! Envious of your day off! :) I'm dry as a bone right now. Hanging out in a parking lot waiting for a dude to tally up my meager return on some books I'm selling him so I can hit the restore and acquire some more materials to finish the box. :) probably score $20-30. Enough for some ducting and a mogul socket at least I'm hoping. Poverty sucks! Got a week until payday.

Peace!

Korloin

Thanks for the link outspoken and I appreciate the welcome korloin!! I will get my journal up asap so we can....get ready for it....grow..hahaha...together! I know I am a cheesy mofo.... Honestly glad to be here amongst some great and knowledgable peers.

Wow, that is a nice donation, shizz. Lucky you. I just got a 250w MH/HPS switchable, a Vapir vaporizer and a Blue Dream teen for free.

Currently in my line up are Hashplant Haze, Cali Grapefruit and Blue Dream. I have an LA Confidential baby coming soon. Then in my seed bank I have about 12 or 13 strains, mostly Green House Seed Co. strains.

I'll be checking in from time to time. Drop me a PM or post in my journal if you have an emergency and need help quick.

Ha Shizz! Lol! Keeping it light is a welcome thing in my book. I can get kinda purpose oriented and sometimes need a kick do I stop being a stuffy old fart. Though I'm not THAT old! :)

Question. So I was able to hit the restore with 15 min before close. No mogul socket :(. I did grab a bunch of ducting, some electrical boxes, hanger material, a large T section of pvc and some wire nuts for $10! (I was like some freakazoid contestant on one of those shopping spree game shows) So I took my remaining $20 and went to HDPot to grab the things I wasn't able to earlier. Turns out they don't sell mogul sockets, nor does Menards or Ace. (finally to the question. I'm big on set up. :) ) So back awhile I grabbed a mogul adapter that fits in a standard socket when I was considering one of those big ass CFLs. Tell me, if I wired a standard socket to me ballast and screwed in the adapter would I be screwing myself or potentiating tremendous harm? I can't seem to find an answer pro or con.

Back
Top Bottom