Home made germination Chamber

CoolCabber

I've made my own germination chamber although the cool cab came with a spot for it I found I needed to take out the shelf. I sed a tough box a 200 watt flouresent bulb and lined it with reflex. I've also added a fan. My question is though do I need to have an air hole somewhere in there and how can I do it without ruining the dark periode needed. I know they breathe co2 and draw air from the water thus my confusion. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps a small hole with a hose, tube, or ducting passed through and sealed (around edges). U can have a passive intake where u just bend the hose/duct in a U shape to keep light from passing through. Or u can install a fan inline with the duct in an active intake system. This is the most feasible way I see to go about achieving this. U will also ne to do the same on for an exhaust line to exhaust old, stagnant, O2 rich air. It would have been a big help to know the dimensions of the grow box. Hope this helps. :peace:

The box is about 3 feet long 18 inches tall and 2 feet wide. I talked to a guy att my hydro store and he said a low tech solution would be during the light hours just open the box for a few minutes to replenish and as I said I have an ocilating fan. He aslo sold me a sedling rooting solution called Hygrozome. Ever heard of it. This guy is a great guy who grows similar crops. I added that plus a little foxfarm nutrient to about 300 PPM and about 6.0 PH in about a half inch deep water. Thing I cant figure out is the tops of the root riot starter cubes tend to be dried out by the end of the day but there is still plenty of solution in the tray. Have I not pushed the cubes down far enough? I wish I could figure out how to post pictures.

Well to begin....you don't need a light tight room until you start the flowering cycle. When you get to that point build a light trap like in the diagram below.
light_trap1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom