Homemade LED Panel For Less Than $100 - Trainwreck - Cotton Candy - Pineapple Express

Re: Hommade LED panel under $100 no other lights, train wreck , cotton candy & pine/e

What a way to come back to this thread. Great shots :Namaste:

I see you've photoshopped your hand in there, you sly puss! You must be craaazy getting so close to your weed! Don't you know your breath alone will block out the photons of those neon tubes?! :rofl:

Peace

Barney

Re: Hommade LED panel under $100 no other lights, train wreck , cotton candy & pine/e

Cnd420, man your picks are looking good bro, u nothing to be ashamed of there man. A lot better than some of the dumb assses I've tried to teach. Hell my own brother burned his house down. Come to think of it I believe he was using that 150 watt ballast with that 400watt bulb in it lol ink. Keep it up man!

Barney, still can't reply but good info, I think I observed a little better today, just got high for the first time in a week omg was that a bitch! Feelin much better nowI'm with u tho, I'd rather grow as many seperate plants as possible as opposed to just one huge one. Yeah I guess if I was dealing with limited space I would probably go led but I wouldn't pay huge bucks, I'd build it just like this cat. I never really considered a lot of plants Ina little area and Ive not done done a scrog setup. It I did probably would with go led just to manipulate and seek out high ligh areas. I would a thallus like to check out that whole plasma thing u were talkin about. Thanks for the info

"mother of all private messages" Really, u sent me a bunch of info on led lighting. What's so "mother" about that?

To someone on the outside it probably appears that were at eachothers throats.. I don't see it that way, im just very passionate about something that's been misrepresented and mislabeled for decades. I feel knowone is to blame more than the alchohol lobby... If mj becomes legal throughout the us , alchohol sales are cut in half!!!

All this babbling I forgot to give yall an update on our panel .. Here yall go, and remember I love yall were like family..
022222.JPG
025200.JPG
026184.JPG
027172.JPG

It's good to see u used the entire pot full. I see a lot of soil grows with pots half full or several inches from the top. I like to use every square inch of pot I can get. The more the marrier.

Is the floro on when the LEDs are on or is just so u can see to take pics? They look good man nice and healthy. Those beautiful dark green leaves. I can smell it already!

Can u use floros as well as LEDs? If so that changes a lot. I could totally see a mixture of the two. My first few grows we're with floros, an ass load of floros and that 150 watt ballast with the 400 watt bulb, u know the $40 that didn't exist lol ijk.

One of the best led setups is in jon705 journal constantly pulling awesomeness.
Befor I found 420 mag I spent the money on string leds similar to yours and ran them for 3 years, THE CHEAPEST LIGHT EVER,( $60 a grow)When I figured out that the strip leds are only .4w not 3w cree or epistar diodes and then flipped to cfl and t5 for veg and hps for flower
At which point my power bill spiked $65 higher and the summer months added an extra $30

If you look at our new sponsor Top Led grow light, the description 100x 3 , this means there are 100 3w epistar diodes in the light

100x3w
$205.99
Sale: $195.69
Model:T100x3w
Size:400x212x60mm(15.7*8.4*2.4" )
LED Max power: 100*3w
Coverage:3' x 2.5' (7.5 Square Feet)
Input voltage: AC-85~265V
Power Consumption: 170W
LED quantity: 100pcs
Type of chip: Epistar
View angel of LEDs:90°/120°
Lifespan: 50,000+ hours
Working temperature: -20~40°C
Ratio of wavelength:red,blue,orange/white(7:blushsmile:1)
Spectrum of Light: 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm and white (Veg)
Spectrum of Light: 430-475nm, 620-630nm, 660nm, 730nm and white (Bloom)

Also did you know that, if you are using solar or wind power to energize your home you can save even more $$$ using leds.
The strip leds (under car) are dc power ,Solar is dc before run through a power inverter/converter changing to ac
:peace:

i would definitely look into the growing capabilities of christmas tree lights

Re: Homemade LED Panel For Less Than $100 - Trainwreck - Cotton Candy - Pineapple Exp

We see how great LED is now though. :yikes:

Re: Homemade LED Panel For Less Than $100 - Trainwreck - Cotton Candy - Pineapple Exp

one great thing about the idea of solar and lighting is, that you can get LED's that are 12 volts DC. With that, you can use a solar panel and one of those charging circuits to create a setup that can run the whole 9 yards without wasting electricity converting the 12 VDC of the solar panels into 110 VAC. Some solar homes with battery storage actually use 12 VDC LED lighting instead of traditional fixtures for this very reason.

Thanks for documenting what SMD 5050's can do!, and nice btw!

I've been trying to research the potential of SMD 5050 red+blue LEDs, to handle an entire grow.. and so far these 2 photos are the best to give specific data.

Hoping you still are here... Do you recall the wattage used by that flexible LED strip? Happen to measure with kill-a-watt? Or just any technical information on the strip?

thanks..

Hey Budgreene, I know this is an old thread, but do you have any updates for us on how this setup did? Would love to know how far you went with this experiment and the results. Thanks!

GB

Back
Top Bottom