Homemade LED Panel For Less Than $100 - Trainwreck - Cotton Candy - Pineapple Express

Re: Hommade LED panel under $100 no other lights, train wreck , cotton candy & pine/e

checking you out over here man looking for an update LEDs are up and coming been wanting to try some curious how you make out
092_2_.jpg
100_14356.JPG

Re: Hommade LED panel under $100 no other lights, train wreck , cotton candy & pine/e

I'm just curious but why not just go to lowes and pick up a 400 watt hps for $40? Is this just an experiment or what? One 4' floro would do far more than 100,000 led's.

Hello Gelite... I have to stop you there (although I see from your subsequent posts, I am already too late).

First thing's first, 100,000 LEDs (yes, LEDs, like the ones being used here) would be one HELL of a set up,

far (far, far) exceeding the potential of a 4' fluoro tube (that's "fluoro" tube), no matter how much

misinformation you callously spout on an otherwise great forum, full of people with not just experience, but a

thirst for knowledge and a positive, ever-open attitude to new ideas and more importantly towards the good

earnest people who undertake these projects, such as Budgreene here and put them up here for all to see

so as to both learn and educate (and hopefully get some dank bud! :))

Last of all, but by NO means least, I'm sure you've made quite the impression early on with our fellow 420

members.

If you had come here with such an abysmal lack of knowledge and experience but with a willingness to

learn and accept that you essentially know nothing, you would be embraced by all! Instead you have

remained resolute in your ignorance, responded obtusely and been rather condescending towards

experienced growers and enthusiasts, who do their darndest to keep 420magazine a source of knowledge

and a community of good vibrations. The best thing you could do is apologise and acknowledge your

mistakes, or refrain from using the forum at all, for I fear you will troll again and further tarnish an otherwise

healthy and friendly learning environment.

To Budgreene, I apologise if I am exacerbating a series of bad posts here. I'll happily remove this at your request. Message me.

With love,

Barney

I can't reply to your message Barney do here's your reply:
Barney[/QUOTE]
I didn't trash anything. I asked legitimate questions and was given smart ass answered. Most times when people ask questions it's in an effort to LEARN. IM SORRY, I'm an alpha personality that won't sit back and be talked to that way.I'm gonna give it right back. As far as going back and learning from it again, my iq is 141. I got all from it that was gonna get the first time around and what I learned that the people here are pushing led's but this is the only site where people slam hid lighting which is clearly proven. On here if your running hid they act like u don't know what your doing. Why only grow 2 plants? Is it an option, yes. Is it viable for a "REAL" grow operation, not a chance.

I take that back, if u want to spend $1000 per 1-3 plants than go for it but why? I guess I just dont have you guys problems with heat and electricity and I live in Florida so I'll go with what I know.

Hey to be fair here a couple of ass holes dont make up the entire population here. Id like to go to more conservative approach as my light bills jumped over 50$ a month just for a couple lights. Problem I got is I dont have enough info on LEDs to make an informed decision I know they are up and coming and doing new things but I know HPS works I cant say that I know LEDs do and I have to have results or its all a waste so how bout that update did you pull the plug on it or see it through howed they perform

Cnd420, that the most intelligent thing I've heard yet here........ Only $50 a month, really? You mean your bill didn't go up $1000 a month? Lol from what I hear $50 a month is impossible. I hear no less than than $250 a month increase as soon as u plug em in. Lmao, I haven't seen a $250 power bill in 7-8 years. On another thread some cats telling people they will have to replace there bulbs and ballasts every 2 grows. I guess my 20 year old ballast and bulb must be broken and I just not know it. Same thing with my 8 year old ballast, the one I didn't get on a certain auction site for about $100 or at least that's what I'm hearing.

Gelite;1752931]I can't reply to your message Barney do here's your reply:

I didn't trash anything. I asked legitimate questions and was given smart ass answered. Most times when people ask questions it's in an effort to LEARN. IM SORRY, I'm an alpha personality that won't sit back and be talked to that way.I'm gonna give it right back. As far as going back and learning from it again, my iq is 141. I got all from it that was gonna get the first time around and what I learned that the people here are pushing led's but this is the only site where people slam hid lighting which is clearly proven. On here if your running hid they act like u don't know what your doing. Why only grow 2 plants? Is it an option, yes. Is it viable for a "REAL" grow operation, not a chance.

I didn't think you were getting smart ass answers. It's true, if you think LEDs are hopeless, you're a bit behind, man! That being said, this is clearly a very home grown effort, of course he's experimenting. And you laugh at his idea and start talking about dropping knowledge on him and all this and that. What is it you if someone only wants a plant or two or how he grows them? Anyway, I'm glad you're back and all is civil. Let's get gardenin!

Hey to be fair here a couple of ass holes dont make up the entire population here. Id like to go to more conservative approach as my light bills jumped over 50$ a month just for a couple lights. Problem I got is I dont have enough info on LEDs to make an informed decision I know they are up and coming and doing new things but I know HPS works I cant say that I know LEDs do and I have to have results or its all a waste so how bout that update did you pull the plug on it or see it through howed they perform

Harley's growing on here using an LED light called Solarstorm. It looks pretty badass! & here are some great results from an LED grow by Buckshot My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

I can't reply to your message Barney do here's your reply:

& ok, so you've got a fire in your belly. That's cool. It seemed like trolling cause you were jumping to all kinds of conclusions about his lights. That said, Budgreene is still to update us! I love and defend HPS to the hills by the way. But here are some awesome results with LED lights

My Room - Perpetual LED Soil

Like I said before, I realize the potential. If your going for a single record breaking plant led's are the way to go. It's a novelty at this point. I have no problem admitting my info on led's is limited, as is everyones at this point and i dont mind admiting that on some things im wrong but i do know what my power bill is and i know what i paid for my lights. This whole led thing is news to me. Let's just say I been out of the loop for a few years. I've been trying to find something to win me over cause I could build shit tons of led panels for the low low but I'm just not seeing it yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Like I said before, I realize the potential. If your going for a single record breaking plant led's are the way to go. It's a novelty at this point. I have no problem admitting my info on led's is limited, as is everyones at this point and i dont mind admiting that on some things im wrong but i do know what my power bill is and i know what i paid for my lights. This whole led thing is news to me. Let's just say I been out of the loop for a few years. I've been trying to find something to win me over cause I could build shit tons of led panels for the low low but I'm just not seeing it yet. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I do believe you said a single fluoro could do more than 100,000 LEDs could ever do. To each his own. This man wants to build his system from the ground up. It would have been way more simple to just buy a light and a tent but I suspect he really enjoys the DIY side of it and done a cracking job linking all those LEDs up. Lets embrace that.

Hey man I'm all over it. As far as visable light goes a floro would be far brighter than a shit ton of LEDs. Red and blue spectrum I couldn't tell ya. I apologize for my like of knowledge on the topic. I've never seen anyone grow with LEDs. Didn't even know it was an option. I saw led grow and was like wtf, why and I still say why. It's not viable for me or most people that need quality and quantity. Everything I've seen grown with LEDs look like the random plant that just won't get big but let flower anyway. U get a little tiny plant that's like a little bonzai tree. It's grown to frrition but it's like a little micro plant. When I get one of those I don't look at it and say "oh I wish all my plants grew like that". I consider it a waist and usually let it just bloom out for female seed. That's what the plants I see grown with LEDs look like to me. There are picks in my gallery of one like that. It's in the middle of my 6 pot drop system. I want my plants to grow, not mature at 6" tall. Do all led grows look like that, no but a lot of em do and I can't take a chance on growing bonzai trees. The tech is to new to know how it's gonna end up.
100_05113.JPG
100_09248.JPG

Didn't mean to post the first pic but the second shows the tiny little plant. Not sure what causes a plant to do this but your gonna get one from time to time. Most led grows i have seen pics of look this way and I assume its some type of deficiency, like light starvation.
Ya

That tiny little plant in the picture is the most potent pot that ive ever smoked. And that's saying something considering the sheer volume of pot that ive smoked...However it wasn't grown with leds , it was blasted with about 2800 w in a 4x4x6 closet.. Yes HID
downsize_8_.jpg
100_13035.JPG
100_13005.JPG
100_13247.JPG

I have managed in the past to get lucky and harvest a few grams.. lol Not really im just kidding anyways these pics are all photoshopped too.
010690.JPG
025194.JPG
011552.JPG
012523.JPG
009688.JPG
0011217.JPG

I didnt say it wasn't good, it's just tiny. Reguardless of how good it may be but the opportunity for female seed is better.

I have managed in the past to get lucky and harvest a few grams.. lol Not really im just kidding anyways these pics are all photoshopped too.
Did someone question your growing ability? I see you did that with traditional lighting. Looks very nice! Gotta love that sea of green ;-)

Cnd420, that the most intelligent thing I've heard yet here........ Only $50 a month, really? You mean your bill didn't go up $1000 a month? Lol from what I hear $50 a month is impossible. I hear no less than than $250 a month increase as soon as u plug em in. Lmao, I haven't seen a $250 power bill in 7-8 years. On another thread some cats telling people they will have to replace there bulbs and ballasts every 2 grows. I guess my 20 year old ballast and bulb must be broken and I just not know it. Same thing with my 8 year old ballast, the one I didn't get on a certain auction site for about $100 or at least that's what I'm hearing.
actually yeah I got a 600 watt digital ballast and 2 75 watt magnetic ballast in my veg room i grow on a fairly small scale so it works for me

Rite on man, if u have pics I'll check em out. I have a whole bedroom dedicated for growing. I'm really limited only by how much light I can provide. I wish I could give more but right now 2000 watts will have to do. I just changed over to 8/16 so my babies will be ready in hopefully 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom