Hooking up a cool tube

Kingdiamond

Ok heres the deal i have a htg 400 watt hps open reflector light and ballast but when i used it last time it got way too hot for my grow box this flowering period im going to incorporate a cool tube and a fan to lower the temps in the grow box and try to stay in the mid 70s .

First thing instead of wiring the cool tube direct to the ballast by rewiring it to my socket i want to run a plug off the cool tube thus making it easier to disconnect and move it around since its currently a direct connect light + wire to ballast setup .

Ive noticed that the plugs on some growlights have oddball plug patterns ?

If i get a plug and socket set from home depot is this a special heavy duty plug setup or can i just get the basic three prong plug and recepticle plugs?

:smokin:

You will be able to get the exact same plugin from Home Depot. That way you can swap out a lot easier. I would go with the heavy duty plug in case you decide later on to go to a 600w or 1000w. A 400w only uses about 4 amps and most plugins are rated at 15amps so you could use a cheaper one but I'd invest a couple extra bucks to get a good one.

Got me a nice plug and recepticle pair at home depot for 8 bucks plugged the socket in and she fired right up thanks for your insight weed420!

Back
Top Bottom