How cold for a plant to turn purp somebody please answer

sanjose

ok i am growing purple kush clones in dwc under a aircooled 1000 watt hps my temps during the day are about 75 and at night i think they drop down to about 60 will 60 degrees kill my plants or stunt my growth and what is the perfect temp for them to turn purple? without messing up or lossing yeild
and i know color dosent matter the high does but since i am a new vendor to medical dispensarys people pay more for purp dont know why but they do
so if anyone has any advice on turning my plants a solid purp let me know thanx

408grower:peacetwo:

IIRC, the magic number is 50-55* night time temp.

Of course, some strains will purple at higher temps, but no experience there.

I am only speaking of my experience with the strain that I am running.

DD

This is also based on my own experience. Kryptonite, and presumably other cuts of GDP, shows anthocyanins with night time temps ~65°F. Cut nitrogen by week 6 of flowering and the fading amounts of chlorophyll a/b should give you an even more pronounced effect.

thanx for the info but also is it ok if my reservoir temps drop down to ice cold i dont have a thermometer but i put my hand in the res and it was ice cold is this ok ?

408grower:peacetwo:

If your looking for another thing try purple maxx from humbold. It won't magically turn your plants green but it adds more potassium and other things that help genetically purple plants turn purple

Feeling cold to the touch just means the rez is somewhere between skin temperature and frozen. I'd leave your setup alone, especially without proper meters, and let genetics do the work.

Dropping the temperature further is going to start hurting yield. Color is the most insignificant indicator of quality there is. Only breeders and mostly dealers seem to concern themselves with the color purple. Proper nutrition and environment make more vibrant plants than anything else. Grow healthy plants first. If you're still hung up about color after that buy a pair of purple shades.

Same concern right here! A drop of 15-20 degrees between day and night temps will help, I've read. Never heard any of this other info, but I have seen the purple maxx, interesting.
My temps are at 68 at night so I've got my fingers crossed. I 100% agree that healthy plants are more important than anything else, but who doesn't want that Purp? haha

Shoot for the 20 degree swing and dont go below about 50 and you will see some pretty colors.

Back
Top Bottom