Trichomes won't turn amber

Southpw

I'm in Ontario Canada and the weather has started to cool off to 10-15 celcius and been waiting for my outdoor ladies in pots to start turning to cloudy/amber trichomes.
I just ended week 7 of flowering and one of my strains is 8-9 week flowering and other is 9-10 weeks.
Do trichomes change rapidly? Within a week? Temps are not looking favourable in the near future but I have to many clear trichomes to cut them down right now. My worry is that the cold temps have stumped the blooming process and I am stuck with current conditions.
We saw a light frost last night and likely more next week. Getting concerned that harvest is not going to come quick enough. Some of my leaves have turned purple due to cold weather.

Cover them for ~14 hours/night with an opaque anti-frost covering. That'll help protect from frost, while causing the plants to ripen faster.

Thanks. Will look for one tomorrow. I'm out of town tonight. They were dragged under the gazebo last night to try and help them from the frost but need a better solution.

Thanks. Will look for one tomorrow. I'm out of town tonight. They were dragged under the gazebo last night to try and help them from the frost but need a better solution.
Trichomes can change by day..just keep checking..you should see a significant change in them the nxt week.., what strains you got going?

Trichomes can change by day..just keep checking..you should see a significant change in them the nxt week.., what strains you got going?

I have
Blue dream at 7 feet tall
Banana Kush at 7.5 feet
And a beautiful Gorilla Glue #4 bush at 5 feet.
I say bush because it is wider and shorter than the other 2.
I did not top them or anything. For my first grow I wanted to just let them go and see.

Glad to hear things move quickly enough in a weeks time. There are a few cool days ahead but not crazy cold yet. I know they loved the heat of the summer this year. Next year they will get trained to keep them from getting so tall. Neighbors around me are commenting on how nice they look but that's an open invite for them to go missing one day.

I have
Blue dream at 7 feet tall
Banana Kush at 7.5 feet
And a beautiful Gorilla Glue #4 bush at 5 feet.
I say bush because it is wider and shorter than the other 2.
I did not top them or anything. For my first grow I wanted to just let them go and see.

Glad to hear things move quickly enough in a weeks time. There are a few cool days ahead but not crazy cold yet. I know they loved the heat of the summer this year. Next year they will get trained to keep them from getting so tall. Neighbors around me are commenting on how nice they look but that's an open invite for them to go missing one day.
How they looking now mate?

How they looking now mate?

Due to the height of Banana Kush, I couldn't keep it upright in these fall winds so I chopped it last night. It was all cloudy with amber on some sugar leaves.
The Blue Dream and Gorilla Glue #4 are still very cloudy but no amber yet. I will keep checking. No rush I guess. It can sit for a few more weeks if it has to really.

Due to the height of Banana Kush, I couldn't keep it upright in these fall winds so I chopped it last night. It was all cloudy with amber on some sugar leaves.
The Blue Dream and Gorilla Glue #4 are still very cloudy but no amber yet. I will keep checking. No rush I guess. It can sit for a few more weeks if it has to really.
Should be decent enough at that, this you starting your 9th week?..just keep checking the trichs daily ive seen the GG go up too 14weeks outside, patience my friend

Should be decent enough at that, this you starting your 9th week?..just keep checking the trichs daily ive seen the GG go up too 14weeks outside, patience my friend

Thanks. I will keep waiting. I pulled the Banana Kush with next to no amber trichomes and would like to pull the other 2 when they have a bit more. Cool temps outside aren't helping with all of this I'm sure. :eye-roll:

Blue dream looked 80% cloudy, 10% clear and 10% amber so I harvested that one too.
Only gorilla glue left and about 50% cloudy and 50% clear. Patience.

Blue dream looked 80% cloudy, 10% clear and 10% amber so I harvested that one too.
Only gorilla glue left and about 50% cloudy and 50% clear. Patience.
Should be a good buzz off the blue dream, I'd wait another week or so with the GG

Should be a good buzz off the blue dream, I'd wait another week or so with the GG
I think so. It was well worth the wait I think.

Checked GG on Saturday morning and wasn't happy. Checked today and see much more cloudy trichomes and some amber. Checked 4 areas of plant in multiple places up each branch. All consistent.
It got its final water and will chop it on Friday night, so it has 72 hours. By them I may have more amber but also should have more of those clear trichomes change as well.

I think so. It was well worth the wait I think.

Checked GG on Saturday morning and wasn't happy. Checked today and see much more cloudy trichomes and some amber. Checked 4 areas of plant in multiple places up each branch. All consistent.
It got its final water and will chop it on Friday night, so it has 72 hours. By them I may have more amber but also should have more of those clear trichomes change as well.
she should be looking good too go by then, good job

Back
Top Bottom