How Dangerous Is Marijuana

Haha420

Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports.

TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000

ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+

ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+

CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000

"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000

ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs. 3,800 to 5,200

MARIJUANA 0

some stats for your brain.

Stereotypes are really what bring down the marijuana reputation. Example, lazy and lethargic teens who weren't that way before they started smoking. The powers that be use those to reinforce the "cons" of smoking. Rarely do you hear about the validvictorians who smoke, or the CEO's that have their own plants. The public has seen the negative stereotypes first and tend not to accept the positives that are shown. Maybe a better way of delivering these is necessary, who knows. More recent media coverage is showing however that people are becoming more open minded, ie denver. I am positive that within my life time I will either see the legalization of marijuana more sooner than later or a complete deconstruction of the US because of current leadership.

Well it's not just teenagers, usually people who don't smoke think that all people who smoke pot are lazy hippy dumb asses. I might be a semi-hippy but I'm certainly not lazy and a dumb ass. Pot motivates me to get things done, I feel better after I do it so I can handle work or other tasks that I don't enjoy. It's also nice as a reward for accomplishing something, like I cut down in a huge was on smoking cigarettes so I'm proud of myself, all the more reason to toke up.

thats great to hear smokey! im not bashing ciggs its just good to think about ones health

There are no dangers from smoking weed. Just man made laws, cops, courts, jails and prisons. In the United States, the freest country in the world, why do you think the laws are so strict? I suppose 'they' Fear the Reefer. If they fired up before a session of Congress I bet they'd think waay different. Gang a Bong!:smokin3:

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
:cool:[/FONT

as much as i love weed, i will admit there is dangers to weed....but then again you've either got to...a. have a history of some mental unstablitly in you family. or b. you have to smoke about 10 joints every day..and i don't kno anyone that does that.

mcdowell

mcdowell said:
as much as i love weed, i will admit there is dangers to weed....but then again you've either got to...a. have a history of some mental unstablitly in you family. or b. you have to smoke about 10 joints every day..and i don't kno anyone that does that.

mcdowell
You don't know anyone who smokes 10 joints a day? I sure as hell did, once upon a time

I couldn't smoke that much. I wouldn't be able to function. Morning and night for me.
I've never had any negative affects from it except the social guilt from my family and stuff. I want to get a vape though so I don't have to smoke it anymore since that's pretty much the worst thing about it.

Stl Bud said:
can marijuana cause depression if you smoke at least once a day?

What? Depression depens on the individual. There are many causes to it, and sure, I bet some people can get depressed from smoking weed.

I honestly think that Marijuana:0 deaths is bullshit. I'm sure somebody somewhere has smoked only weed and still got lung/throat cancer. Some of my friends take such huge bongrips, that has got to some damage to thier lungs, taking them many times a day, everyday. But the point is, the drugs that are legal now (tobacco alcohol) are much worse for the body, mind, and have much higher chances of endangering non-users. I don't understand what the government is thinking. They allow people to abuse these drugs over and over again, and yet they make MJ, a safer and smarter intoxicant, illegal. I still think they should just issue out alcohol/MJ licences to all those that want to drink/smoke. If you fuck up and get caught driving drunk/stoned, goodbye licence, and goodbye to buying beer/pot legally. Instead, they allow these people that can't control themselves to continue to drink all they want after many offenses. It's fucking insanity.

Kittyloaf said:
Depression is 90% a brain chemical thing. Weed won't cause it.

However- and this is extremely important (I'm manic-depressive, so I have to be extra careful)- do NOT smoke when you're feeling down. You will feel a whole lot worse.
Yeah, that's one thing I always say, marijuana is NOT a happy drug. Well, it can be, but what I'm saying is that it won't really make you happy if you are sad, in fact, it might make you even more sad.
Marijuana, lets remeber, though being a unique drug in terms of having pretty unique effects, is not that far removed from hallucinogens which are notorious for making a user introspective. While that may in fact help some forms of depression, it's probably not the best to face some harsh emotions made harsher by THC when one is clinically depressed.

Back
Top Bottom