How Do I Apply Hydrogen Peroxide?

Dude I just went thru this. My grow shop advised me to frist dilute the shit out of the peroxide,depending on the% you have. You can spray them right up till the day you harvest. I had a mold problem in my room and I follewed the directions to the letter. My plants came out perfect. Smooth,no choke and stoney as hell. I can send you the brand name in a couple days if you want. I am on the road right now. JIM

H2o2 has lots of good uses in a grow. It can be used to sterilize pots etc that may have been in contact with sick plants etc. peroxide also can be used to provide some extra oxygen to your plants roots, especially if they're suffering from overwatering. To provide an oxygen boost just add to your water at around 5-7ml/gal. I've seen soggy, wilted leaves perk up within hours after application rather than taking days to dry out. If your growing organically, use peroxide sparingly to avoid roasting your beneficials, if your using a chem fert, it won't hurt a thing. Careful with more than 5% by volume. Less is generally fine.

I like to use some for the first watering after repotting. Just keeps em from getting that "soggy" over wet stall.

I really don't think it is good for soil grows... I have seen people kill their plants off in a quick hurry putting minescule amount of h2o2 into their water for soil grows,... For hydroponics it makes sense... But in soil, roots create their own oxygen... And the bacteria the h2o2 KILLS by being in the soil also promotes oxygen creation... For soil it is my personal opinion that it is a terrible idea, and you will just end up killing your microbes.... For hydro 100% use it... Sparingly

I really don't think it is good for soil grows... I have seen people kill their plants off in a quick hurry putting minescule amount of h2o2 into their water for soil grows,... For hydroponics it makes sense... But in soil, roots create their own oxygen... And the bacteria the h2o2 KILLS by being in the soil also promotes oxygen creation... For soil it is my personal opinion that it is a terrible idea, and you will just end up killing your microbes.... For hydro 100% use it... Sparingly

Yes and no. It ain't for organically enriched soil growers. A little grey in semi organic, liquid feed aka pbp. If we're talking soilless like promix with a chem feed like Ionic or maxibloom, it can help for sure. Especially if things get a little "soggy" from an overwater, or after watering in post transplant or repot. And in that environment you won't find much organic activity in the short time most of us will keep that batch of soil moist (10-14 week typical life). Later in veg, and even in bloom they seem to respond positively to a light "maintenance dose" (around 5-8 ml/gal.

In the event of a needed emergency flush (due to over feed, burn etc.) if you use a bit of h2o2 in the last gallon of flush and then give a mild feed it seems to perk them up and get them right back on track.

I'd say a mild h2o2 treatment has had consistant positive results (in particular with Ionic). Of course, I'm talking much milder solutions than hydro users typically use.

I have seen people on both sides of the fence on this one. But from what the old timers I grew up with it causes more problems than it fixes..... Then again we are rain and snow water users, so there is already hydrogen peroxide in it. Indoor grows we jut melt snow or use rain water so the added h2o2 could be causing the issues I don't know..... But even grows using distiller or tap I have seen
Plant degradation shortly after administering the h2o2... With it generally returning to health as soon as it evaporated out

First off, Hydrogen Peroxide does not feed bacteria of any type, it kills them. H202 is an oxidizer and will act on any organic material.

I use it to kill unwanted bacteria in the ratio of 4oz to 5 gal solution, then 2oz every other day until problem is under control.

The only problem I have encountered using H2O2 is that it tend to release nutrients too fast. Many formulas bind nutrients with a chelating agent to make them "time release". Adding peroxide oxidizes them and tends to release the nutrients too fast. If you are using H2O2 in excess you may see signs of nutrient burn while at the same time seeing signs of deficiency.

With H2O2...less is more.

I used it last season, the 35% stuff, but it was a lite mixture. if u google gardening with hydrogen peroxide, it will give u the amts for 3% and 35% . like I said I use it on the lite side of the mixture, 40 drops to 3gal. of rain water , and things worked out just fine, because I do grow outside and totally organic , so, I know I must go lite ,,,,''less is more'' good medicine in those words....

be well

fringe50

Hydrogen peroxide is beneficial as an addition to nutrient feeding programs at all times. It feeds the good aerobic bacteria and kills the bad anaerobic bacteria.

I dont think this is right....hydrogen peroxide kills everything....both bad anaerobic and good aereobic bacteria. It is bleach and I use it in when I take cuttings but only first feed in the RootIT cubes...for the purpose of killing everything and creating a sterile environment for the cuts.

So, If you grow organic in soil....I dont think you should be using hydrogen peroxide...

To control PM get better control on the enviornment. Yep a fan helps and so does a dehumidifier but it still comes. The key is to stop it before it gets out of control.

Spider mites are easy to take care of. Just use hot shot strips....agout 1 every 3 plants...durring liughts out...with no exhaust fans running for about 8 hours...all mites will be dead. Repeate in 4-5 days.

Cona

what is hot shot strips? I have an indoor grow and we are struggling with mites. The only treatments I can use has to be off of the WA state approved list. Are hot shot strips on the list? what is the brand name?

what is hot shot strips? I have an indoor grow and we are struggling with mites. The only treatments I can use has to be off of the WA state approved list. Are hot shot strips on the list? what is the brand name?
I think its those things you get when you go camping, they like coils, and you burn the end and it smokes away bugs... I could be wrong, and if you try it be careful not to choke or burn house down lol...

Not unless you need it. Never add anything without reason. And I would never set up my reservoir more than a day ahead of time. What's a back up reservoir? Never had enough room to allow one of those.;)

I have one... Special situation. One lives above another tenant, who would not like to hear one filling a reservoir full of water by dumping 5 gallon buckets in the middle of the night...

So, one has a backup res. One uses the main res, and if is caught in late hours with no water because one forgot to refill the res, one can use backup res... Then fill them both back up the next day.

Before anyone asks, dark period was matched to off peak hours meaning the work is mostly done after supper time-ish and at night. I should probably also mention my reservoir IS two 5 gallon buckets. I have air stones in my res, so no stale water :) Works beautiful for a 4x4x7.8 tent, plus a closet used for vegging :D

Of course with larger resevoir sizes and in different situations it may make no sense to have backups... In mine, it works :)

Been waiting awful long to say that. Dont care if grave dug, useful information :)

OH ALSO I had an Idea! I was reading about H202 (this is more on topic :p) and I thought... Could we not just do an H202 flush? Like feed the plant bloom up till the day before harvest and then run a mix of water/H202 to flush the nutes out? I was reading that for a few hours there is some free radical (or something loose) that binds to the nutrients or something and neutralizes them? Would be interesting if it worked....

I wouldnt waste my time flushing with anything but water. You just stop the uptake of nutes. NO REAL FLUSHING occurs. You cannot remove nutrients from a plant thru its root system. Doesn't work. I have no idea whats in all these "flushing products"........ just snake oils to me...

Hydrogen peroxide is beneficial as an addition to nutrient feeding programs at all times. It feeds the good aerobic bacteria and kills the bad anaerobic bacteria. It also introduces radical oxygen atoms which oxidize elements, making them more available for the roots to assimilate. I apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the reservoir. The plants show no visible signs of stress afterwards, which indicates that it was not an excessive application.

Sprouting Seeds: add 30ml 3% H2O2 to 1 pint of water. Soak the seeds overnight.
Insecticide Spray: combine 250ml 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon spray mix.
Fast growing container plants: add 30ml of 3% H2O2 to 1 gallon water.
Hydroponics: apply 3% H2O2 at a rate of 30ml/gallon to the nutrient reservoir.
need little help here please

went to hydro store , it's very humid here , it was so hot now it's humid .... im week 6
you can check my journal

im worry of mold , went in store , the old dude says hydrogen peroxide
1ml for 10 l , in coco , with geopot
they say better oxygen and kill mold and stuff :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

now from what i understand , no bacteria beneficial in coco with chemical ( green Planet )

another question ,,.. the mold on the bud ( happen 2 grow ago ..)
they come from the root at start ? or they come from straight on the plant ????

thx you

Hi twinsun .... If your looking for more answers and help about hydrogen peroxide you might want to start a new thread about it, This thread is from 2007 and unfortunately Smokin Moose is no longer with us... Just his knowledgeable words he left for us on various threads posted all over the 420 forums. :)

Hi twinsun .... If your looking for more answers and help about hydrogen peroxide you might want to start a new thread about it, This thread is from 2007 and unfortunately Smokin Moose is no longer with us... Just his knowledgeable words he left for us on various threads posted all over the 420 forums. :)
thx you for your kind answer
How do i do a new thread ?

it says not enough privilege

how do i do that ?? :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

You should be able to post a thread if you have made over 50 responses to other peoples threads, then I think the 420 forum will let you post a thread, Its their way of weeding out the tire kickers that just want to drop in grab info and leave without contributing to the forum.

For now can you get a good fan to circulate air in the grow area that will bring your humidity levels down a bit, or even better a dehumidifier would keep things less humid and more airy in your grow area.

Mold can form threw the root system infecting the whole plant from the inside out with little sign of it till its too late causing damage (root rot). Mold spores are always in the air and can land on any part of the plant and if the plant is damaged or cut that can be the window in to your plant becoming infected with mold, That's why they say to make sure every thing is sterile when working with your plants.... Oh and if you have pets always keep them out of your grow area they can track in all kinds of unwanted pathogens and pests.

I have done top watering hydrogen peroxide flush for algae & what not, not sure of the results. It would be a lot easier for me to just add to reservoir but a few people has said they do not know the reaction with the nutes so that is why they don't do it. Using GH's system for nutes. Also I am unsure if I can use hydrogen peroxide in res with a clearex type solution to reduce salt build up as well in res?

Also my understanding of Hydrogen Peroxide is it will kill everything, so if you are doing any other type of flush for bugs in the tables for hydro it would kill those active ingredients as well. Thanks
If you are mykos every week, they are beneficial bacteria anyway, so you reintroduce them to the environment, after the peroxide treatment and a flush...wait a day or so...reapply/feed your nutes and mykos... problem solved until you need to use peroxide again...GOD HELP YA IF YOU DO‍♂️

Yes it will, and it works very well..
1 cup Hydrogen Peroxide
4 gallons water
A big enough container .

put the plant upside down and stir it in the solution. swoosh it around for 2-5 minutes and then hit the plant with a fan. I did this with a white widow in BLOOM haha. Worked out perfect. Go to youtube and search for jorge cervantez . Dude is amazing.
H2O2 is essentially an oxidiser and a non chlorine bleach. It will liberate (off gas) O2 which is why bottles are never filled to the top. So is a great way to add extra oxygen over and above atmospheric O2 in the root zone of hydro grows. This makes it more difficult for anaerobic organisms to grow. Too much will burn the roots and anything else it comes into contact with. Personally I would never start with more than 6% H2O2 at a max of 30ml per 5 litres and I usually go for 15ml of 6% per 5 litres. The strongest H2O2 available in the UK without a licence is 12% due to our slight terrorist problem and that is more than strong enough to cause skin burns. 3% is enough to clean cuts on skin and is pretty safe in 5l of water for plant applications.

Back
Top Bottom