How Do I Re-Moisten Dry Buds?

When I harvest, I keep a long stem, about 1/2 inch thick and 12 or 14 inches long, and I freeze it in the refrigerator. If I find a jar too dry, I cut a piece of stem, about two inches long, split it in two, and throw it in the jar. That way, I add moisture and not a foreign taste.

:woohoo:
:goodjob: This is THE most epic idea :thedoubletake: I have EVER heard of :thumb: Wow, this concept makes so much sense :adore: and is so readily accessible :loopy: that my brain doesn't know what to think! :whoa: This is the most amazingly ingenious idea I have heard of or read :amen: Thank you for sharing! :welldone: :cheer:

I have always preferred the utmost organically available materials when it comes to my baby :blalol: (not an actual child, I have none)
ANYWAYS, due to friends and family saying I suffer from :peace: "Hippie Disease" :hippy: "Flower Child Syndrome" :allgood: and even "Love Child Syndrome :love: I have been regularly using the peel method, mainly from oranges, not just the regular orange, the organic (Ridiculously Expensive!) version of the smaller "Cutie" brand oranges aimed for children being able to hold them, easier peeling, etc. I've experimented with banana and apple, which gave it a bland :whoa: almost took the taste away, and with every citrus fruit with a peel you could think of. Even though I've been satisfied with the smaller oranges peel, for some reason the oils in the peel last longer, and don't over saturate at all, possibly due to how thin the peel is.

The only thing I dislike is the leftover taste of tangy citrus, some how, some way, not matter how I attempt to prevent it, to the point where I've given up and just accepted it as it's flavor.... :yummy: ...NOT

Do you store the stems a certain way :hmmmm: maybe a certain wrap or container?

:thanks:

When my buds gets too dry, I stick it in a bag, in my glass jar, and then put a fresh strawberry in the bag, and then put it in the freezer over night. Works awesome, and my bud always has a sweet strawberry taste.

:bravo:Sorry to bother you, I was just wondering how much a whole strawberry will moisten, and if maybe you've cut it up for smaller amounts? Say, an ounce or a half ounce? Do they all still take 1 due to the freezing?
LOVE this idea, thanks for sharing!!!! Awesome hint!

Also lads Don't forget you're rh terp shields to trap in any terps that may have been rescued. Just me 2pence worth lol

A slice of carrot works wonders. It doesn't change the smell or flavor. It brings out the natural ordors of the buds. A small piece of lettuce works well too. I only keep the slice of carrot in the bag for a few days, then remove, so the buds don't get too moist, then you can't roll a joint that is worth smoking.

I keep it in a zip log baggy.
After researching many sites on how to keep Mary Jane just moist enough, I found 2 important things: NEVER store it in a plastic bag and always use distilled water to moisten a small piece of bread or cheesecloth in an airtight container. Check every 5 hours or so. Good for re-hydrating once fresh Mary Jane.

1) NEVER store Mary Jane in plastic bags!!!
2) Slightly dampened white bread using ONLY DISTILLED WATER. Check after 5-6 hours. Remove and store in a tightly closed glass container, not plastic.
3) Re-hydrate as necessary
I purchase my herb in small quantities so I do not have a large amount to hydrate.

1) NEVER store Mary Jane in plastic bags!!!
2) Slightly dampened white bread using ONLY DISTILLED WATER. Check after 5-6 hours. Remove and store in a tightly closed glass container, not plastic.
3) Re-hydrate as necessary
I purchase my herb in small quantities so I do not have a large amount to hydrate.
Thanks for this information. Going to try this way now

A lot of good tips in here. Mason jars have usually been my go to. I typically throw in a humidity pack as well to help with the process. In the past I used boevda packs but have been using ones without liquids these days to avoid any leaking issues. Sometimes if I'm storing a lot though I'll create a humidity control bag - large bag with some boveda packs. Haven't tried the branded bags yet.

My son had the same question so I told him just throw in some fresh peels, I was thinking Orange or apple something sweet. He used POTATO PEELS :rofl: So now it smells like Spud OG. but hey we all gotta learn sometime

Back
Top Bottom