How do I cure my harvest with glass canning jars?

Really I haven't had much problem curing bud. It's easy. And personally I like to open my jars often to get at what's inside.
The biggest help to curing was when I bought a dozen hygrometers.

Most people don't count the water weight.

For personal stash, I got rid of the tupperware and paper bag stage a while ago. This method for glass canning jars gives the strongest aroma and best texture for smoking. Here's the procedure, it couldn't get much simpler..

1) Cut, manicure, hang your plants in a cool, dark place until totally crispy and smokable in a joint-- usually 5 to 8 days. Optimum conditions are 68-74 degrees F and between 50% and 60% RH.

2) Place gently into wide-mouth glass canning jars. Close the lid until buds sweat, usually 2 or 3 hours the first time. Open jars and let buds dry to crispy again. I only bother keeping large buds for personal stash but if you do this with shakier stuff, you have to get some air in there and turn the buds over. Larger colas usually have enough flow around them so you don't have to mess with them unless they are really touching each other inside the jar. I don't worry about "ooo damaging the ever so fragile buds" by turning them in the jar. Who cares if you lose 2% of the trichomes to the bottom of the jar, big deal... be gentle but if you have to move them around, so what.. just collect your skuff on the bottom of the jar and enjoy.

3) Repeat the sweating process-- open the jar until crisp, close until sweated. After about a week of this (depending on location), you get to that perfect point of curing where there is enough moisture to keep it smelling strong but as soon as you take it out of the jar to smoke, it crisps up and can be rolled.
Well said!!!

Chop each plant at the base at a cool time of day. Within minutes, remove all colas and put aside. Hang the cadavers upside down in a cool but especially dry place like a garage or basement. Hang the colas up like laundry in a cool dry place like a basement closet. Wait 7 to 10 days until the branches of the colas are dry enough to snap. For the material on the colas, dry trim them and place in wide mouth mason jars and seal tight. For the remaining flowers on the cadavers do the same in separate jars. Place the jars in a dark place. For three weeks open the jars twice a day for 30 minutes minimum. Make the air flow around the jars for a couple of minutes using a fan or piece of cardboard or whatever. Reseal the jars tightly after every session. Then for the next four weeks aerate the jars for 20 minutes once a day. After that aerate once a week. That’s it. Perfect product.

I agree that each person situation is a little different in regards to climate but if you've been able to control the climate while you were growing you should have no issues with controlling the climate when you are drying in a tent.

My dry and cure method is similar to many on here.

I cut the entire plant at the base and hang it upside down. I don't trim anything off yet. I wait a couple days and then remove fan leaves. When I'm removing the fan leaves I'm checking to make sure the flower is not drying too fast. Once the flower starts to get crispy on the outside I'll remove the branches from the main stem and hang them on a line. When the branches are almost dry enough to snap but will only fold when you try and bend them I'll remove flowers from the branches and give them a rough trim then into jars. I'll let the core of the flower rehydrate the outer part that was crispy and burp accordingly. After about a week of burping I'll start fine trimming and continue burping.

Cure usually peaks around 6 weeks from the day you cut them down but if you can let them cure longer the terp profiles will continue to change and give you some premium smoke.

Back
Top Bottom