Trump Growing Jan6 OG

Trump

Not really. Just thought it would be funny if there was a strain like that to grow!!🤣

Growing some Florida Strawberry clones I clipped off my mother.

11/15/2023

Temp - 81.5*
Humidity - 58%
VPD - 1.59 kPa
DLI - 41
Leaf Temp - 80*

Netted the girls as they were getting too tall and the branches were starting to wood up. Not good for bending. I'm still waiting for the last part to complete my DIY Auto Irrigate to be able to put the girls on auto. I'm going to let the leaves orient to the light and clean up everything under the net before I flip. Probably next week as the last part I need doesn't arrive for another couple days. Once stretch is done I'll do another defol and let her cruise to harvest. I also need to reposition the tent heater and oscillator before the net fills and I don't have access.

Before

11112023pre net.jpg

After

11152023 smash tuck.jpg

Good plan, they’ll fill that area nicely. When they’re motoring along like that you can afford to get rid of anything that’s a bit scrawny, no mercy!
I tried to arrange the branches so that the stretch fills out the canopy and I get about 8 - 12" of vertical colas across the canopy. Any taller would be a waste as LED doesn't penetrate deep enough into the canopy like HID.

I tried to arrange the branches so that the stretch fills out the canopy and I get about 8 - 12" of vertical colas across the canopy. Any taller would be a waste as LED doesn't penetrate deep enough into the canopy like HID.
You’ve got over three weeks of rampant growth ahead, that area will be full as a butchers pup. You’ll be wading in there with a machete and side-arm!

I figure I have around 18" of stretch ahead of me. I left around 10" of space for the plants to stretch around the edges. The center will definitely fill out but I usually do a defol around day 20 of flip. Stretch should get me to where I have a field of colas around 10" - 12" tall along with whatever flower sites develop along the netline.

I figure I have around 18" of stretch ahead of me. I left around 10" of space for the plants to stretch around the edges. The center will definitely fill out but I usually do a defol around day 20 of flip. Stretch should get me to where I have a field of colas around 10" - 12" tall along with whatever flower sites develop along the netline.
Yeah looks like you’re on track, they’re going really nice. Is tha Florida Strawberry a good thing? My grows usually involve something strawberry, just finished a batch of Gammaberry x OMFG which I bred myself. Also just planted some Strawberry Hashplant which I got from Mosca.

11/17/2023

Temp - 80.2°
Humidity - 59%
VPD - 1.49 kPa
DLI - 41
Leaf Temp - 79°

Looks like the leaves are starting to acclimate to getting smashed under the net and are finding their way to the light. Feeling a little under the weather so I'll get under the canopy and clean up when I'm feeling better. Looks like flip will be tomorrow to start the stretch phase of the grow.

On a side note, someone from another site offered me a brand new Phlizon PL-2000 he had won in a raffle for free so I took it. It should work well in extending the light coverage I want in the tent. I currently have two 275 watt COBs that'll cover maybe a 4 x 4 but if I want sufficient edge PPFD I need to move them closer to the backwall. This will leave room for me to mount the Phlizon light and should give me pretty much edge to edge coverage!!

I was going to use the VS1500 Pro as supplemental light but I won't need to now and can put it back into my 2 x 2. The Phlizon has 50 extra watts and is longer than the XS1500 Pro which works out nicely in the tent. Total wattage in the tent with the new light will bump it up to 750w. I have a few clones rooting so they should be rooted by next week and I will stick them in the 2 x 2 and veg for a couple weeks then into flower.

11172023.jpg

11/18/2023

Temp - 77.1°
Humidity - 65%
VPD - 1.11 kPa
DLI - 27
Leaf Temp - 75°

Dragged my sick ass out of bed and cleaned up some of the canopy and underside. Didn't get it to my satisfaction but I was feeling woozy half way through it. This flu is kicking my ass. Did a Covid test. Negative.

Reset the light timer to 12/12. Repositioned the oscillator fan. Raised the lights to lessen the DLI and give the plants a chance to get into flower. From there I'll slowly ramp up the DLI until week 7 then I'll slowly start dropping DLI until harvest.

Watered them by hand AGAIN, because my irrigation part is still in transit!😠 They took 6 gallons and barely ran off. Once I setup the auto irrigate I'm going to set it to 20% runoff.

I still need to hang the tent heater. I need to stay on top of it these next couple weeks so that stretch doesn't get too crazy. Going to run the heater on lights off to try and raise lights off temps a little higher than lights on to try and decrease internodal lengths in stretch. It's an experiment. We'll see if it works or not.

11182023 Flip.jpg

They are looking great. Love seeing a scrog. They are a little more work but it's a labor of love for sure. I agree with others above. Your gonna have a lot going on soon. Good timing and some trimming will help. Can't wait to see your progress.
Thanks! Appreciate it! Once I get over this fucking flu I'll try and get back in their but more than likely I'll let her run through stretch then I'll do a hard defol. Really depends on how long it takes to get over this.

11/18/2023

Temp - 77.1°
Humidity - 65%
VPD - 1.11 kPa
DLI - 27
Leaf Temp - 75°

Dragged my sick ass out of bed and cleaned up some of the canopy and underside. Didn't get it to my satisfaction but I was feeling woozy half way through it. This flu is kicking my ass. Did a Covid test. Negative.

Reset the light timer to 12/12. Repositioned the oscillator fan. Raised the lights to lessen the DLI and give the plants a chance to get into flower. From there I'll slowly ramp up the DLI until week 7 then I'll slowly start dropping DLI until harvest.

Watered them by hand AGAIN, because my irrigation part is still in transit!😠 They took 6 gallons and barely ran off. Once I setup the auto irrigate I'm going to set it to 20% runoff.

I still need to hang the tent heater. I need to stay on top of it these next couple weeks so that stretch doesn't get too crazy. Going to run the heater on lights off to try and raise lights off temps a little higher than lights on to try and decrease internodal lengths in stretch. It's an experiment. We'll see if it works or not.

11182023 Flip.jpg
You’re on the right track there, warm nights and cool days make more compact plants. It’s a tough ask down here in Oz for most of the year, obviously we need air-con.

11/30/2023

Temp - 76°
Humidity - 64%
VPD - 1.10 kPa
DLI - 31
Leaf Temp - 75°

It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted and the girls have filled the net in stretch for the most part. I left just enough room for them to stretch which wasn't a lot as I've been running my little tent heater on lights off and raising the temp a couple of degrees higher than lights on temps. Looks like it worked because they didn't stretch as much as they did last time when I ran them together with the other cultivars. I'm guessing they have maybe a few more days to a week of stretch left but I'm also seeing pre pistil so flowers should be forthcoming in the next week or so.

I finally got the last piece to my irrigation system and put it all together and ran it. I was kind of disappointed in how much water the circulator, the little ring that goes around the main stem and distributes water around the plate, emitted. My little pump could water the entire media when I was using the DIY watering rings in around 5 minutes. Unfortunately it's not strong enough to put out a stream of water that fills the plate, maybe it's because I have 2 extra pots using water than I did last time so water pressure isn't as strong with more pots to water. I'm going to have to go from a 264gph to 800gph pump and see if that fixes the issue. On hand water the plates themselves work great. Just gotta get the water flow dialed in.

I also installed the two power heads in the reservoir to keep the nutrient suspended in the water so that it doesn't settle to the bottom and I get a little surface agitation for a small bump in DO.

After I had posted the last time I was pretty sick and decided to hang the oscillator on rope ratchets temporarily and when I got better I'd fab up a shelf but the ratchets are working pretty good so I just left them. I like that I can adjust the fan height with them so that when the colas start going vertical I can raise it a little more and get that nice gentle sway of colas going!!!😀

I did a quick leaf cleanup as it was getting pretty thick in there but will be doing a more thorough job in the next few days then let them run to harvest.

I bought more EMT to make another set of horizontal tent poles. I'm going to use it to set up the other net as a trellis for the verticals.

The 3rd light that SSHZ sent me is on its way and will occupy the space in front where the net isn't filled. By the time the flowers are button size that area should fill in somewhat but I'm pretty happy that the space I left for stretch filled pretty much to my expectation.

I'm going to stop using the heater in the next few days now that flower is starting to set in. Maybe the colder lights off temps will spur faster flower formation. Stay tuned!!!

11302023.jpg

Nice. Looks lik
11/30/2023

Temp - 76°
Humidity - 64%
VPD - 1.10 kPa
DLI - 31
Leaf Temp - 75°

It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted and the girls have filled the net in stretch for the most part. I left just enough room for them to stretch which wasn't a lot as I've been running my little tent heater on lights off and raising the temp a couple of degrees higher than lights on temps. Looks like it worked because they didn't stretch as much as they did last time when I ran them together with the other cultivars. I'm guessing they have maybe a few more days to a week of stretch left but I'm also seeing pre pistil so flowers should be forthcoming in the next week or so.

I finally got the last piece to my irrigation system and put it all together and ran it. I was kind of disappointed in how much water the circulator, the little ring that goes around the main stem and distributes water around the plate, emitted. My little pump could water the entire media when I was using the DIY watering rings in around 5 minutes. Unfortunately it's not strong enough to put out a stream of water that fills the plate, maybe it's because I have 2 extra pots using water than I did last time so water pressure isn't as strong with more pots to water. I'm going to have to go from a 264gph to 800gph pump and see if that fixes the issue. On hand water the plates themselves work great. Just gotta get the water flow dialed in.

I also installed the two power heads in the reservoir to keep the nutrient suspended in the water so that it doesn't settle to the bottom and I get a little surface agitation for a small bump in DO.

After I had posted the last time I was pretty sick and decided to hang the oscillator on rope ratchets temporarily and when I got better I'd fab up a shelf but the ratchets are working pretty good so I just left them. I like that I can adjust the fan height with them so that when the colas start going vertical I can raise it a little more and get that nice gentle sway of colas going!!!😀

I did a quick leaf cleanup as it was getting pretty thick in there but will be doing a more thorough job in the next few days then let them run to harvest.

I bought more EMT to make another set of horizontal tent poles. I'm going to use it to set up the other net as a trellis for the verticals.

The 3rd light that SSHZ sent me is on its way and will occupy the space in front where the net isn't filled. By the time the flowers are button size that area should fill in somewhat but I'm pretty happy that the space I left for stretch filled pretty much to my expectation.

I'm going to stop using the heater in the next few days now that flower is starting to set in. Maybe the colder lights off temps will spur faster flower formation. Stay tuned!!!

11302023.jpg
e you’ve got your timing spot on, by the time they’re budding up it will be nice n full, but not too full.

11/30/2023

Temp - 76°
Humidity - 64%
VPD - 1.10 kPa
DLI - 31
Leaf Temp - 75°

11302023.jpg
Curious about nutrients precipitating out in your tank, what’s the go there?

Curious about nutrients precipitating out in your tank, what’s the go there?
I've run this way for the last few runs when I have to leave but I had the same worry as far as water reactions. The first time I did it I used different brands(Botanicare, AN, GH) and didn't get any real reaction but I was only gone for around 6 weeks. The makeup seemed ok but I decided to run the same brand the last time thinking there would be better compatibility and keep the precipitation from happening. So far everything looks good.

I've run this way for the last few runs when I have to leave but I had the same worry as far as water reactions. The first time I did it I used different brands(Botanicare, AN, GH) and didn't get any real reaction but I was only gone for around 6 weeks. The makeup seemed ok but I decided to run the same brand the last time thinking there would be better compatibility and keep the precipitation from happening. So far everything looks good.
Ok that’s good, sounds like a compatibility problem rather than a mixing issue. Anything that precipitates out, like calcium, phosphorus or sulphur is obviously no longer available to the girls and we don’t want that. Plus it can cause blockages. Been there myself.

Back
Top Bottom