2x2 Mystery ScrOG

Trump

Now that I have another light to supplement the 5 x 5, I decided I would take the ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro that I was going to use for supplemental and put it back into my 2 x 2 tester. I'm not testing anything at the moment so I thought I'd have a little fun and do a mini ScrOG! When I trim down the mothers I like to stick the cuttings into a one gallon pot full of soil and see if any root. No rooting powder or clonex. Straight into the soil. Whoever survives gets to go to harvest!

Complete bro science but my feeling is whoever was able to survive those conditions should be pretty hardy when it comes to growing and flowering!!!
wink.png

7 gal cloth pot with some Roots Organic Original soil. I have 3 cultivars in the momma tent so I'm not sure what survived and what didn't but the cultivars I have as mothers are Florida Strawberry, Big Fat Glue and Moon Glow. I guess once it starts to flower we'll know which cultivar it was!

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 65%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 74°
VPD - 1.11 kPa

Flip starts today aaaaaaaand........GO!!!

12292023 netted.jpg

01/02/2023

Temp - 75°
Humidity - 67%
DLI - 26
Leaf Temp - 73°
VPD - 0.82 kPa

I may need to setup my little heater in the 2 x 2 to keep it warmer. I'd like the tent to run at minimum 77°. The misfits have been really enjoying the extra photons now that they're out of the momma tent. I really need to get a proper light for the momma tent. Running a CFL just isn't enough light for them. Flipped them on the 29th so it's been 5 days. Hoping to see pre pistil in the next couple weeks.

01022023.jpg

01/08/2023

Temp - 77°
Humidity - 64%
DLI - 33
Leaf Temp - 76°
VPD - 1.04 kPa

Trimmed off some of the water leaves and gave her a feed. Canopy should start to fill with leaves but I'm also seeing the start of pre pistil. I upped the CALi MAGic to full strength. Still feeding Bloom base and Cal/Mag only. Next feed I'm going to do a half Grow half Bloom feed to boost a little nitrogen into the soil so that the plants have enough nitrogen that the leaves stay healthy up into week 6 -7. It'll also give the plants a Phosphorous boost which is what they need more of at this stage of growth.

01082023.jpg

Used to run a couple tents just like this. Living soil though. Hells yeah, gonna be pretty when she's full.
Just hoping stretch doesn't get too crazy. Branches are already hitting the edge of the net so I'm going to have to do some creative tucking but the pre pistil is my sign that stretch may not be as crazy as I think it will.

01/23/2024

Temp - 79°
Humidity - 55%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 75°
Leaf VPD - 1.10 kPa
Room VPD - 1.52 kPa

DAMMIT! The moment I defoliate the plant it just sticks its tongue out at me and grows more. Looks like I need to put a call into my buddy Edward Scissorhands to put a scare into these plants!

I'll let it fill in a little more before Ed shows up!

01232024.jpg

01/30/2024

Temp - 76.4°
Humidity - 51%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 74°
Leaf VPD - 1.25 kPa
Room VPD - 1.55 kPa

Let them grow out the leaves but it's getting pretty crowded in their. I may do another trim to clear out some of the leaves that are blocking air flow and light. Not sure yet.

One of the cultivars is showing some leaf discoloration similar to when leaves start to go into leaf senescence. I think there are 2 plants of that cultivar and the other is showing leaf yellowing. I started full strength Cal/Mag a little too late so I think I may bump it up for a feed or two to full strength plus a 1/4. Did a full strength feed and the leaves all came back from being droopy but they'll stay yellow. I may cut them off in the trim if I do it.

01302024.jpg

01/23/2024

Temp - 79°
Humidity - 55%
DLI - 46
Leaf Temp - 75°
Leaf VPD - 1.10 kPa
Room VPD - 1.52 kPa

DAMMIT! The moment I defoliate the plant it just sticks its tongue out at me and grows more. Looks like I need to put a call into my buddy Edward Scissorhands to put a scare into these plants!

I'll let it fill in a little more before Ed shows up!

01232024.jpg
So that's what scrog is. So you just train the buds to go to the tip top of the plant. And leave little naked legs beneath the canopy. Cool

So that's what scrog is. So you just train the buds to go to the tip top of the plant. And leave little naked legs beneath the canopy. Cool
The idea is that when you splay out the branches under the net it allows even light saturation so rather than getting little popcorn buds at the bottom of the plant, like in a free grow, those bud sites get the same amount of light energy as the top buds.

I also have a larger grow going in a 5 x 5. This one's just for fun and a little extra smoke. The link is in the sig below.

From what I have seen here at 420, it can be a lot of training.

Setup does include more work than a free grow in the beginning but once it's going it's pretty much maintenance free. I try and automate as much as I can so that I don't disturb the plants. I also have auto irrigation for my 5 x 5. The 2 x 2 is too small to setup an auto irrigate if I'm around unless I go out of town.

Looking good...I see that the canopy is getting crowded, do you have a fan blowing under the canopy ? I love to scrog it's like an art project that you have total control of and doing it the way you want. The journal that I'm working on now will be 2 Blue Dream (photos) and those will be scrogged.

Back
Top Bottom