Living Soil 12/12 From Seed SFV OG,Carmel Apple Crumble, Tauriel

Chrondocious

Alright.....gonna soak these girls tonight, grab my soil tomorrow, and with some luck, get something set up by tomorrow night. The soil Im running is my own mix, from my old house. Started woth coots mix, about 6 or seven years ago....been adding and improving since. Basically now, its my homemade vermipost, cut 50/40 with peat. Ill amemd with some alfalfa, maybe a balanced 5-5-5 organic fertilizer, for a top dress. Ive got some cobs, and some panels, might run em all. We'll see. Im more of a micro style grower. Big plants in small places, so this flip from seed will be a bit different than my normal runs. Any way, for the genetics Im gonna run 2 packs from kind genetic. Carmel apple crumble regs...i wanna find a male, and Tauriel fems. CAC is ghost train haze x something, and Tauriel is shiskaberry x banana daddy. Supposed to be almost 100% indica. The SFV is from Mr. gas. Regs. Be nice to find a decent kush in there. I have more beans, but this should be a good start. IPM will be mountain organics tinctures. Maybe some fpj if I can find the time. Been moving for the last 6 months. Still trying to get all my shit at my new place!
Oh...the carmel apple crumble is disconti ued. The breeder was progressive genetics, but he changed it to kinds genetics. In case you wanted to source some. 🙂 pretty boring for now. Lol
Bud pic is a Purple Pineberry cross I ran outside
20230104_184110.jpg
20211017_083131~2.jpg
a couple summers ago, cause I don't have any recent bud pics. Havent grown in over 6 mos! Im fiending!

Welcome aboard,

Hey your purple pineberry looks great. Waterboard those girlies (and regs) so we can get this part started….
Thanks! Gottem soaking for about 12 hrs now. I'll get some pics up when I have something to show.

Not much going on yet. Soaked all seeds for 48 hrs, the SFV had cracked their shells, and maybe one of the others. The seeds are about a year old now. I did my best to keep them stored while I was moving, so we'll see. I'll probably sprout some more seeds, just in case.
Im using my lighthouse hydro 1.75x3 ft tent. It's seen better days, but it still serves its purpose. They're under 3 vero 29 cobs. At the moment im running it 24/7. Its a bit chilly here. Which reminds me, i need to get a thermometer. Lol The soil sat in a trailor for a few momths, then out in the forest for a couple more. Had to wait a couple days for it to thaw. Ot
20230108_071431_HDR.jpg
20230108_071501_HDR.jpg
her than that, not much happening. A shot of the setup and some soil.

Alright! Got a few above the soil! The CAC has the most at 3, one and a half of the SFV, and one or so of the Tauriels. The soil was a bit hydrophobic, so Im con tending with that, otherwise, it's doin' it's thing. I have the dark time temps around 65f. I think I can bring them up a few, but I can work with it if not. Now's when I should say these will actually be ran 11/13. I have noticed slight differences, but nothing major. More terps, but that coupd just be me justifying a little less electricity being used. As far as phenotypical expression? Idk, ive ran the same plants for several years different ways. Hard to say if it was the run that was better, or the dry and cure. I mever weigh my stuff, so I cant speak for yield, but no major differences to me any way. Have a good night!
20230109_205759_HDR.jpg
20230109_205744_HDR.jpg
20230109_205654_HDR.jpg

20230109_205718_HDR.jpg

20230109_205731.jpg

Nice little bunch of weedlet's here. 8 for 8 on the Tauriels, only 3 of the SFV, and 6 for 6 of the Carmel apple crumble. A few look a little week though. I think the center pot with the sfv is drying too fast. The top of the soil is any way. Need to get some mulch of some sorts. Gonna give em a couple days then flip the schedule. Hopefully I can get a few cuttings in the first couple weeks. If not, Im gonna set up another tent for veg, and start finding some cuts again. Man....kinda bumbed about losing my old work. Have a good one y'all.
20230111_190033_HDR.jpg
20230111_190109_HDR.jpg

So you're going to do a SOG type grow?
Just run 12/12 from the start?
I imagine this shaves off several weeks of veg stage, but do you get the same yield or quality?

I've thought about doing something similar as a test run just to see if I could get even close to my average yield and get it in 12 weeks instead of 16 and be able to grow several different strains.
That would give me one extra harvest per year but I wonder if the quality would suffer.

Nice little bunch of weedlet's here. 8 for 8 on the Tauriels, only 3 of the SFV, and 6 for 6 of the Carmel apple crumble. A few look a little week though. I think the center pot with the sfv is drying too fast. The top of the soil is any way. Need to get some mulch of some sorts. Gonna give em a couple days then flip the schedule. Hopefully I can get a few cuttings in the first couple weeks. If not, Im gonna set up another tent for veg, and start finding some cuts again. Man....kinda bumbed about losing my old work. Have a good one y'all.
20230111_190033_HDR.jpg
20230111_190109_HDR.jpg
She is cute my friend.
Hope you are having a nice day.
Just curious did you run out of dirt.
There's 3" of root space going to waste. :Namaste:
In my Heavens Shores thread t shows how to fill a pot properly, you still have time.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

So you're going to do a SOG type grow?
Just run 12/12 from the start?
I imagine this shaves off several weeks of veg stage, but do you get the same yield or quality?

I've thought about doing something similar as a test run just to see if I could get even close to my average yield and get it in 12 weeks instead of 16 and be able to grow several different strains.
That would give me one extra harvest per year but I wonder if the quality would suffer.
Kinda sog. Normally I have a stash of moms that I run cuts off, but Im restarting adtwr a few months off. Not sure how this is gonna turn out. Never ran straight from seed. They are getting a few days of longer light. Theres many ways to speed up your harvests.

She is cute my friend.
Hope you are having a nice day.
Just curious did you run out of dirt.
There's 3" of root space going to waste. :Namaste:
In my Heavens Shores thread t shows how to fill a pot properly, you still have time.
Take care.

Lol....I know what im doing. I make my own soil. Thanks though. I leave room because Ill eventually add mulch, probably some compost etc.

Lol....I know what im doing. I make my own soil. Thanks though. I leave room because Ill eventually add mulch, probably some compost etc.
Ok :Namaste: sorry. :thumb:
Take care.

Still not a ton happening. Second sets of leaves coming in on most of the seedlings. Still havent flipped the lights, but will probably do so tomorrow AM. Hard to flip just these little micro plants! I like a full canopy! But this is mostly for fun and an experiment.....with that being said, I set up my 2x2 so I can get my flow going again. Things will be different now, as I have access to outdoor property, so My plan is to get a bunch of cuts and run em outside. Pretty excited about that! Now I just gotta find some good ones! Hoping these gi
20230114_064214_HDR.jpg
20230114_064346_HDR.jpg
20230114_071317_HDR.jpg
rls will get big enough so I can get a few cuts, but in case they dont, I am gonna start some Sour Patch Kiss, and some Skunk and Sour. Probably a few bag seeds as well. 🤪🤪🤪 what can I say, I love the hunt! Peace yall! Oh, some old cover crop is coming up, a little alfalfa sprout. 😎😎

Official day 1 of flip. Couple funky looking leaves, but its all good. You cam tell the soil is different in the kish pot. Could be why they're runty, but I think its just the genetics. Still could be fire🤪
20230117_060811_HDR.jpg
20230117_060836.jpg
Are you going to split them into their own pots , so they all have a chance. :Namaste:
That pot is designed for 1 if you fill it.
In my Heavens Shores thread it shows pictures step-by-step of everything you need to do.
Have a great day my friend.
Take care.

Are you going to split them into their own pots , so they all have a chance. :Namaste:
That pot is designed for 1 if you fill it.
In my Heavens Shores thread it shows pictures step-by-step of everything you need to do.
Have a great day my friend.
Take care.

No. Theyre stayin in these. Normally in a living soil setup, we grow in one big pot, called a bed. Think of this as a miniature version of that. If hydro guys can finish a plant in a solo cup, I think I can finish 5 in a 3 gallon. I dont see the problem, other than they'll be small. More or less just enjoying getting my garden going again.

Finally coming along decently. Forgot how long it takes for seeds to get moving. I moved the SFV into my veg tent. Was really lacking. I think I was underwaterimg that pot from the get go, so it can recover and get bigger. Well, the best of the three anyhow. The CAC and Tauriels are doing good. One CAC is a reject, but Ill let her live cause im a nice guy. 🤪
20230120_061849.jpg
20230120_061854.jpg

Back
Top Bottom