B.I.D.'s Mysterious 8.0 Featuring? Come See If You Dare!

I haven't had any issues with my 114's, YET... Also for the mentioned light from controller concerns, I took a piece of vinyl and wrapped it around the controller and duct taped it all around the vinyl. Created a sleeve that I can slide off and on to cover any light being emitted.

I was reading on one of Icemud's journals that if you hold down the left arrow button the controller light switches off. (I think. Might be another button) Press it again, and it comes on. I grow autos so a light leak is no problem, but for you guys you might wanna try it.

I haven't had any issues with my 114's, YET... Also for the mentioned light from controller concerns, I took a piece of vinyl and wrapped it around the controller and duct taped it all around the vinyl. Created a sleeve that I can slide off and on to cover any light being emitted.

Icemuds journal.
Post # 1079
Quote Originally Posted by Icemud View Post
Hey Wreched....I found out today that there is a way to turn off the controller light... I was told to hold the left arrow for a few seconds and the light will go off, and to turn it back on, hold the left arrow again. I haven't tried it because both of my tents are sleeping currently, but if ya wanna try it and let me know if it works..that would be awesome...otherwise I will check it tomorrow when my tents are on.

Success!!!!!

dave assures me its nothing to do with the controller , and we are working out a warranty resolution so i dont have broken lights, the gen 2 lights should not have any issues like this

I knew Dave would step up. :) Unfortunately, I went out of my way to get a gen 1 light because the footprint is smaller than the gen 2 which wouldn't fit in my cab! LOL Just my luck. But the 6" exhaust (Vortex s-line) will be set up a few inches directly over the light, so hot air will be getting immediately pulled straight off the top. Hopefully that'll be enough. I also have ideas about how to cool the air coming into the cab if I need to. But I'm really not worried, I trust in Dave's commitment to this venture. :)

I knew Dave would step up. :) Unfortunately, I went out of my way to get a gen 1 light because the footprint is smaller than the gen 2 which wouldn't fit in my cab! LOL Just my luck. But the 6" exhaust (Vortex s-line) will be set up a few inches directly over the light, so hot air will be getting immediately pulled straight off the top. Hopefully that'll be enough. I also have ideas about how to cool the air coming into the cab if I need to. But I'm really not worried, I trust in Dave's commitment to this venture. :)

Yeah my air is vented directly above my light also.

I set it up that way to vent my two 150w HPS lamps.

All my cobs seem fine for now.

well you all know i believe in ultimate transparency in my journals , so i must share my latest um info i guess ,ok so after dryin i got a whopping 32 grams dry and it was all seeded yup guess that little mishap was when the fan was on and my wild misting of water was for naught!! so trying to look on the bright side i realized i had a ton of durple pream beans well i had them in a strainer on my desk in the shop, guess i have a mouse with an appetite for high grade cannabis seeds!! i went to check the girls and found the strainer spilled over ...i thought.... they had been shelled and eaten 95 % of them so i have about 50 left !! the dried buds had to be pulverized to get the seeds so theres no pics, im going to attempt bho with the one little test tube of ground blue dream, there are 2 plants left the grape 13 and a gsc pheno3 the grape 13 im hoping will yeild big it is gradually getting fat with a light on either side of it, it did most of its flowering after the pollen goof, and is seemingly seedless, idk about the gsc, also all the girls in veg were wilted and i may have lost all my blue dream clones, and no pure genetics beans only durple pream (gdpxblue dream)
yet another truely dark day in my grow room, i really needed the meds im praying with all my heart the bho and last two plants save me for the next 2 months nothing inflower at the moment,,nothing healthy enough, im ready to scrap it all and reboot in a few months

my carbon scrubber and 6 inch 465cfm fan were venting full blast the whole grow just a few inches above both lights, i think its a problem with the extreme heat of cob design, i read that its a common problem with all brands,,may end up getting tossed by all company's designs, i dont think personally its very efficient, and given my results with other leds not using cob it may be totally un necessary to even have cob diodes, m2c

That's the spirit BID...

Just a drive bye. Seen you talking about matching the spectrum. I always liked the par charts for the ceramic lights. They have a lot higher amounts of both ends of the UV index. But I woodn't doubt it if them t-12 twisted florescent bulbs are the closest to natural.
Bummer bout the plant. Seeds explain why the buddage stopped growing. Once a plant is pollenated all it's energies go to seed formation rather than bud development. Like you said 50 seeds could be afew nice pheno's in there. I think it was Ice said bout electronics going out. I have the worse luck. I even have a handle falling off my Budder Machine. Hopefully it just need a good tightening down. Then my mouse and so forth. Keepem Green

I clicked like on a few posts that are only bad news. Seems kind of ironic, but it's intended as a "sympathy like". Man biggy, talk about dumping on someone when they're down. Sorry to hear about the downs. I wish I were close so I could bring you some meds. What a difference a year makes eh? The way i look at it is that it's all cyclic. You'll be back soon enough with a vengence.

If you need something, let me know.

It's meant to be medicinal and enjoyable, actually the enjoyment is medicinal. Bid, meditate if you don't. Centre yourself again. Do something for bid. Take back what's yours and enjoy yourself. Negativity follows and drowns us at times. Putting on a happy face and going about thing in the same manner only produces the same outcome. Change and the happiness isn't put on, it's there.
This is meant to be uplifting.... I think it reads that way?!?

ok gang i have news that i believe you should have, after getting daves permission to copy /paste his resolution that i agreed to i like the idea of more smaller units vs 1 large panel less didaster if something goes wrong,more customizable to plants of different heights and adjustable footprint ok heres what dave is doing,very cool of him
Hey BID,

I am
going to send you then 4 of our new Generation 2, 270w
models, the same ones that Icemud is using. These should
cover the same footprint as the panels you currently have.
The Gen 2 models also put out higher Umole than the Gen 1 so
your plants should enjoy the extra light.
I will send them in a box,
large enough to place the old panels in, and will include a
shipping label in the box as well. All you will have to do
is tape the shipping label on the box, tape the box up, and
call for a package pick up and you won't even have to
drop it off anywhere. I want to make the process as simple
and effortless as possible for you with hope of turning your
Intelligent Gro experience into a pleasurable and successful
one.

Please confirm if
this will be sufficient for your new grow area and if this
replacement process will work with you.

My apologies on behalf of Intelligent Gro and
myself for any inconveniences I have caused you and I hope
this can be a positive resolve for you and your grow area.

Sincerely,
David

that works out to 1 less cluster than i have now but better versatility and gen 2 is supposed to be better spectrum and more dioeds per cluster and cooler running panels, i think it will be cool to see the difference from the ones i have i think this was a very cool way to resolve it and you will see them in future journals and i will continue reporting my results with all panels i have and become an increasingly better led guy/grower

Back
Top Bottom