2 Girls One Pot, Sour Patch Kids, Living Soil

Chrondocious

As the title states, 2 sour patch kids in about 5 gallons of living soil. Girls are about a week or two in. One thing, they grow a ton of leaves. Long ass petiols too. One enjoyed the topping, the other not so much. These plants loke to spread out, as opposed to up. Kinda nice, but I do like a bit of vertical growth my self. This strain is supposed to be Sour D x Sour Kush....but Ive also read its Sour D x candyland, or something. Either way, sounds fun. Same breeder as the SFV in my other journal. Same tent too. Lol keeping it perpetual.
20230419_063534.jpg
20230419_063547_HDR.jpg

All is well with the SPK. The one on the left really did not enjoy the top. She mostly just stretched all the lowers, and did nothing up top. Made a big ass cluster in the middle. Lol The other girl looks nice. They both love throwing the vegetation though. Been removing leaves daily. As soon as the SFV is done, Ill lower the light.....probably at an angle, to try to maximize efficiency. Other than the topping preference, these girls have been a breeze.
20230423_062956_HDR.jpg

Really putting on some sites now. Wish I woulda had just the big girl in this pot, instead of the two, but it's working, just not optimal. Not much smell yet, maybe some sweetness. Still been selectively defoliating, these plants like to grow vegetation! Plenty of frost on the fans already. The way I grow is pretty boring.....give em water. Lol a whole tent pic just cause.
20230502_062125.jpg
20230502_062105.jpg
20230502_062139.jpg

Girls are looking very nice. I've had to take so many leaves off these girls, and they still could use a trim! Lol It may be my nutrient mix, as its a tad high in the N department. I picked up a different mix of 3-4-4. Nothing special, just espoma garden tone. I really try to keep things as balanced as possible. Any way, one thing, the trichs on these girls are very sticky. Ive had some that feel almost gritty....these trichs feel like they smear when you rub a leaf. I did get a cut of the bigger girl, and a cut of the male I liked. Stacked pretty good, but not alot in the nose. I hope
20230510_062521_HDR.jpg
20230510_062529.jpg
that changes!

As the title states, 2 sour patch kids in about 5 gallons of living soil. Girls are about a week or two in. One thing, they grow a ton of leaves. Long ass petiols too. One enjoyed the topping, the other not so much. These plants loke to spread out, as opposed to up. Kinda nice, but I do like a bit of vertical growth my self. This strain is supposed to be Sour D x Sour Kush....but Ive also read its Sour D x candyland, or something. Either way, sounds fun. Same breeder as the SFV in my other journal. Same tent too. Lol keeping it perpetual.
20230419_063534.jpg
20230419_063547_HDR.jpg
Plants look nice and healthy.

Some quick shots of the new setup.....definitely not ideal.😔 but Ill make due. The basement I had them in was getting way too humid, and I had no other plug in source for a dehumidifier. So now Im dealing with higher temps! Lol. I'll have to bust out my other big fan and re think the ventilation. Temps are low 80's so not horrible, but it's only gonna get warmer throughout the summer.
On the olant side...the sour patch girls are still coming along. They did have a long night period cause I had to switch the time of day the lights were on. Took it in stride though. The buds are rediculously tiny on these girls though. Theres alot of them, so thats good. Hopefully they'll fill out a bit. I have some reflective material Im gonna throw up too. If I can get the temps managed, Ill toss in another light.
20230515_214540_HDR.jpg
20230515_214607.jpg
20230515_214619_HDR.jpg

Very pretty girls here. So the short pheno reminds me of a bubba 76 I used to grow, as far as bud structure. Even has a bit of the same "consignment shop" funk. Trichs have dried out to the touch, not so greasy. A little further along as well. The big girl is still super sticky. A bit more gas, some funk and a little sweeter. Both are pretty nice. Pic is of the taller pheno.
20230523_062903.jpg

Lovely canopy!!!
Thank you! Havent done much training on these girls. Just got my other light up this morning. Gonna grab a trellis and start actually training. These plants were only topped once. It's nice when they kinda even themselves out!

These girls are starting to ripen up. Been having a hell of a time with males. 4 northern lights....all males. 4 monkey genius....all males. Ugh. Lol so I pit my revegged Carmel apple crumble in there. She's got some size, so no more small plants. Lol. Just kidding. Threw up a trellis to try to even her out some, have one hopefully female monkey genius and gonna have to pop some more beans. More NL. Happy growing! Also added my mars ts1000 to the mix.
20230530_064004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom