Hole smokes Haystack. You have a jungle going there. That is a going to be a huge harvest.
Hey thanks Sam. It is a jungle for sure. I hope I don't mess it up. I'm out of town this weekend and unfortunately my son just called me to let me know one of the big braches fell off. The buds are growing and it was insanely hot the last couple days. I told my son to trim and hang it. I done know how good it would be. But maybe it'll be a little tease of what's to come.

With summer quickly coming to a close and fall just about upon us, the flowering cycle is really kicking in to gear. I think are days in the Bay Area are down to about 12 hrs a day. Hope everyone's plants are in full bloom or at least getting there.

The skies here are still very brown from all of the fires in California. The latest one is about 300 miles south of me, but this strange weather has the smoke blowing directly to the north. I was up at my cabin this weekend for a little work and some relaxation. I woke up on Saturday morning to see the skies filling with smoke. I turned on the TV to see the latest news and saw the plumes of smoke coming from the new fire all the way down in the Fresno sierra's. It looked like an atom bomb went off down there. Needless to say, the smoke headed north right up the sierra's. It was a strange sight to see. My cabin is about 120 miles east of me, but when I drove home yesterday afternoon, the entire bay area was also inundated with smoke. I think it followed me home. Hahahaha. The plants are doing great and I hope the skies clear soon. We are just entering fire season, so I got my fingers crossed.

Below are a few of my pics from this morning!!! This will be a really big harvest, I hope. As you can see the tops are really starting to take off on all of the Enchanted Violence plants.

The Blackjak and Strawnana are coming along fine too, but they are a little behind the EV's

I really gotta get out there and do some trimming on the underbrush. Some of the leaves are also turning a little yellow. I've over watered a bit and I'm sure the smoke isn't helping much.

And lastly, here are a few pics of the deck at my cabin. I have been working on this for months, and I mean months. Getting construction supplies like wood and Trex deck boards have been crazy since the Covid outbreak. So, contruction of the deck was slow. I didn't even bother to replace the railings. That would have probably added a few more months on to the project. But I did replace all the the joists and most of the posts and I added a lot of reinforcement to the underside to fix the wobble that the deck has had for the last 20 years. Hahaha.

Oh, one more thing. Just so you can see what it's like in California. Here is a pic of what everyone in Cali has been seeing for the last few weeks. Everyday it's list this and some days it's even worse. Out in the distance is the SF Bay and beyond the bay is another mountain range. You can't see any of it from here and on a normal day I can see all the way from San Francisco down to San Jose. It's crazy. This happened last year as well, but not as bad as this year. I don't think there is anywhere in Cali that is not smokey like this. It stretches from all the way down in Socal, all the way up to the northern end of Cali. Never in my 59 years of life have I seen anything like this. Ever!

The smoke from the Creek fire is still raging. about 160 miles from here the ash is making it's way up to the Bay Area. The good news is there are still no casualties. I hope it stays that way.

I had a little scare a couple weeks ago. The SCU fire came about a mile away from my office. I went down there to see how close it was. It was still across the freeway from me, but still too close for my comfort.

Latest update. The smoke is still bad and today it's worse than it has been. I can't even see the bottom of the hills now. I'm wondering if the smoke is having a negative effect on the grow. The plants still look good, but they are drinking about half of what they normally drink and I have not noticed much growth in the last week. Makes me wonder.

You did a great trim on them. Can't wait to see the end results. I gotta get out there and do a little trimming on mine. They are a bit out of hand at the moment.

It's hard to believe that on June 10th they were just these little tiny sprouts. The two that are in the smaller tan pots in the middle were the two that I thought would be the big prize plants this year. But they ended up both being male. Now the runt of the pack on the far left is the biggest one.

I've been out of town for a few days. I got home late last night to see that things have been growing well since I've been gone. Here are a few pics from last night.

I love this time of year. All I have to do now is keep the mold and pests at Bay for another month. That's the hard part.

After spending a few days up in the mountains, I returned home late last night. When I left the mountains, it was still pretty smokey up there. But when I woke up this morning, I saw this.

It's not 100% clear, but it's good enough.

This has been a wild, crazy and fantastic growing season for me. I've never been able to grow plants this big on my deck before. All of the plants I've grown to date have been I'm the 4' to 6' range. This year the shortest plant is a little over 6' and the tallest plants are well over 7'. Then I went and started 7 plants this spring thinking they wouldn't be this big. Now the deck is just overflowing with buds like these. I'll be trimming for days. But harvest starts this weekend!!!!!! Woooooo Hooooo

Back
Top Bottom