Here's a pic of what I harvested two weeks ago. It's all jarred up now and beginning the cure. I thought I was gonna get a little more, but 24 oz is still pretty good.

I also did more harvesting of the other SPK. I still have about a quarter of the plant left to cut down, but hey it's Sunday and I got sidetracked by football. But here's what I got so far.

Oh, and I took a few hours off for lunch and got a new set of rubber for the old Jeep.

So, my indoor Blackjacks just finished week 9 of flower. I think this crop won't be the biggest indoor crop I've had. But I think it will be the best. These are the stickiest, gooeyest buds ever. When I touch them, the goo is almost dripping off my fingers and it's super sticky. They are getting so fat and heavy, I had to tie up most of the branches to keep them from flopping all over the place

Il probably start harvesting later this week and finish early next week. Can't wait to taste it.

Looking good there haystack. I have been gone for a while but getting back into things now that the weather is changing here. Your journals are always outstanding so I thought I would drop by. I am not disappointed. Killing it as usual.

Looking good there haystack. I have been gone for a while but getting back into things now that the weather is changing here. Your journals are always outstanding so I thought I would drop by. I am not disappointed. Killing it as usual.
Thanks for that. It's been a lot of work lately and I've fallen behind a bit. But I have started the harvest of the indoor grow. Here a are a few pics. Not sure how much I'll get, but I'm about halfway done with the harvest. This is probably the stickiest but I've ever grown. My gloves and scissors become a sticky mess after a few minutes of trimming.

I am a week behind on harvesting the last plant I have growing outdoors. I hope to cut most of that down by the end of the week.

Just curious about your methods behind using the Jack's product. What does your feed schedule look like and it looks like you ran those BlackJacks in soil. What did you use there?

I have been in coco and DWC last coupel of grows. Not sure which way I want to go this time around. Coco is a lot of watering and DWC can be a pain if I have to have anyone else deal with it.

Just curious about your methods behind using the Jack's product. What does your feed schedule look like and it looks like you ran those BlackJacks in soil. What did you use there?

I have been in coco and DWC last coupel of grows. Not sure which way I want to go this time around. Coco is a lot of watering and DWC can be a pain if I have to have anyone else deal with it.
Hey Sam, there's really nothing easier than the Jack's Classic nutrients. For the Blackjack grow I just used a two gallon watering bucket with two tablespoons of Jack's per bucket. Two gallons was usually enough to water all 6 plants everyday. If the weather was really hot, I would use 3 gallons. But the amount of Jacks was always 1 tablespoon per gallon. The feeding schedule was usually once a week, but sometimes I would do it twice a week. In veg I used the 20 20 20 Jacks and in flower I used the 10 30 20 Jacks. About once a month I would give them a mid week feeding of either Superthrive or Sea Green just for the heck of it. All of the plants were grown in 5 gallon cloth bags that I bought from my local hydro store.

I kind of gave up on growing in hydro, because it's too problematic for me. The real problem is that I don't have a way to control the temp in the grow room. I have central heat, but no A/C. So when the days get really hot ( And for some reason the last few years have gotten really hot in the spring and summer.) the plants pay the price. This spring I did a grow of the same Blackjack strain and it was the worst grow ever. In mid spring we had several heat waves that lasted for several days. The water in the DWC buckets got way too warm and the roots just started dying off. Even after the heat waves were over, it was just too much for the plants. I got about 6 oz of smoke, but the rest was just dead. So for the summer grow I went back to soil. It seems to handle the stress better and the pots don't get as warm. If the days got really hot, I would only run the lights at 1/3 power. That also helped a little bit. So anyway, it's soil from now on. The soil I used was mostly Happy Frog and I added some of the soil I had from my outdoor grows as well. It's a bunch of different soil mixed together, but it seems to work OK. I've never grown in coco, but I've watched others do it, like @gr865 He seems to do fine even with his CMH lights. But he also puts a ton of TLC into his grows. I think I've seen you commenting in his journals, so you know how much works he puts into it. But his grows are always stellar. But for me, it's just too much work to grow in coco.

Hey Sam, there's really nothing easier than the Jack's Classic nutrients. For the Blackjack grow I just used a two gallon watering bucket with two tablespoons of Jack's per bucket. Two gallons was usually enough to water all 6 plants everyday. If the weather was really hot, I would use 3 gallons. But the amount of Jacks was always 1 tablespoon per gallon. The feeding schedule was usually once a week, but sometimes I would do it twice a week. In veg I used the 20 20 20 Jacks and in flower I used the 10 30 20 Jacks. About once a month I would give them a mid week feeding of either Superthrive or Sea Green just for the heck of it. All of the plants were grown in 5 gallon cloth bags that I bought from my local hydro store.

I kind of gave up on growing in hydro, because it's too problematic for me. The real problem is that I don't have a way to control the temp in the grow room. I have central heat, but no A/C. So when the days get really hot ( And for some reason the last few years have gotten really hot in the spring and summer.) the plants pay the price. This spring I did a grow of the same Blackjack strain and it was the worst grow ever. In mid spring we had several heat waves that lasted for several days. The water in the DWC buckets got way too warm and the roots just started dying off. Even after the heat waves were over, it was just too much for the plants. I got about 6 oz of smoke, but the rest was just dead. So for the summer grow I went back to soil. It seems to handle the stress better and the pots don't get as warm. If the days got really hot, I would only run the lights at 1/3 power. That also helped a little bit. So anyway, it's soil from now on. The soil I used was mostly Happy Frog and I added some of the soil I had from my outdoor grows as well. It's a bunch of different soil mixed together, but it seems to work OK. I've never grown in coco, but I've watched others do it, like @gr865 He seems to do fine even with his CMH lights. But he also puts a ton of TLC into his grows. I think I've seen you commenting in his journals, so you know how much works he puts into it. But his grows are always stellar. But for me, it's just too much work to grow in coco.

HS,
I only grow in the fall and winter for the same reason as you, the damn heat. And I have AC, but with the lights running, the exhaust fan pulling the AC air out of the house making my AC work more and harder. My electric killed me in the summer the one time I tried it.
Thanks for the nice comments. I don't look at it as work, it's more like a hobby that saves me money. If I wasn't growing my cannabis bill I could not afford. I don't sell anything but I do give extra of anything away.

Holy shit. I can;t believe I just finished another harvest. The Blackjacks came out really nice. It was not as much I I thought it would be. But it's definitely the stickiest, oiliest, wettest grow that I've ever done. I'm pretty sure it will taste really really good. I'll also be pressing some of it, and I'm pretty sure the returns will be very good. I'm not sure if it was the Jacks Classic that I used, but it came out a whole lot better than the last crop of Blackjack that I grew. That one was a total bust.

Here's what they looked like a couple days ago.

And here is what I ended up with. Not sure how much is there, but it can;t be more than maybe a pound or a pound and a half. But it's definitely gonna be good!

I still have all four of the bottoms left. I'm gonna see if one or more of them will go back to veg and make some clones!

Oh, and I bought a nice used car on Friday. It's a 2018 Chevy Volt. I did the math and the car payment, insurance, gas and electricity will be less than what I was paying just for gas in my old Jeep. 12 mpg gets really expensive when you drive a couple hundred miles a day.

HS,
I only grow in the fall and winter for the same reason as you, the damn heat. And I have AC, but with the lights running, the exhaust fan pulling the AC air out of the house making my AC work more and harder. My electric killed me in the summer the one time I tried it.
Thanks for the nice comments. I don't look at it as work, it's more like a hobby that saves me money. If I wasn't growing my cannabis bill I could not afford. I don't sell anything but I do give extra of anything away.
Well, your grows are most excellent for sure. I enjoy watching them. The amount of work you put in to them is really amazing. I wish I could put that much time into mine. But my damn jobs keep me way too busy. I'm already a week behind on the outdoor harvest.

And I know what you mean about giving your shit away. I give a lot of mine away too. If I sold it, I could actually make some pretty good money. I even looked into becoming a legal grower, but the cost of doing business is way to high. And even if you pay the tens of thousands to startup, you may still get denied a license to grow. I gave up on that idea real quick. And besides, I really enjoy growing. It's a real addiction. But I'd hate to become a slave to my garden just to have a legal piece of paper hanging on my wall saying I have a legal grow to sell. That would surely take all the fun out of it.

I'm trying to work from home today so I can harvest some of the outdoor Strawnana. This is one of lower branches off that tree I got growing out there. This is going to be some work.

Damit, having to work while you are doing a harvest really gets in the way. Haha! I started harvesting around 9 this morning and this is is all I've done so far. But they a good and they are fat and they are dense!!

But I still have all of this to go.

Looking awesome man !
Thanks man. I'm still working it, but I think I'm done for the day. Still gotta take a drive to go get some stuff and I'm running out of daylight. But here's the last of what I've done today. I'm about 1/3 of the way there now. I'm not sure what the total weight will be. But these branches are big and heavy.

So, I'm back at it again this summer with a crop of six plants that were cloned from last years grow and one that was a seed that got embedded in my deck sometime last fall and sprouted this spring. So far they are all doing better than I had expected. In fact, they are monsters compared to what I have grown in years past. They range from a little over 6' to a whopping 8' tall. They are so big and bushy, there is barely any room on the deck with them there.

Once again we got hit with a bunch of fire storms that have filled the skies with smoke. You can see some of it in the pictures below. The pictures were taken this evening and the smoke is not near as bad as is was a week ago. It was so bad that you couldn't even see the hills that you can see in the pics here.

I did my best to get all of the plants in one picture, but I had to take a couple pics to
get all of them in. I was standing on top of my work table with that camera up as high as I could reach.

This one is a pic of the Strawnana that was cloned from my summer grow last year.

This one is a Black Jack that I had a clone of. I forget how many generations of clones this was, but it was a few.

And last but not least. These are the clones from last years Enchanted Violence plants. Some of them are clones of clones and some of them are clones of clones of clones. One of them is the seed that sprouted this spring. It was actually growing out of my deck. I gently removed it and put it in a 15 gallon pot. There were actually four seeds that sprouted in various locations on my deck. Unfortunately three of them turned male on me, so I had to pull them out. The one that survived was actually the runt of the four, but now it's about 8' tall. I wonder how tall the other ones would have gotten if they were female.

Hope you all like them, I can't wait till October to see what I get!!!!! This might turn out to be the biggest grow I've ever had on the deck. Last year there was a lot, and took me forever to get it all trimmed. This year it looks like there will be a lot more.

Those look amazing! Kudos. What size pots are you using? I got lazy this summer with my grow and used 7-10 gallon pots (and I started late in June). Definitely makes a difference with their size and water retention. I never really saw a droop with the bigger pots even after a week. now I see it dramatically after 2-3 days. Hope all else is well with you.

@Blew Hiller Hope all is well with you in this strange time. I am using two different size pots this year. The three plants up against the deck railing are the same 50 gallon cloth pots that I have been using for the past few years. The other four plants are in 15 gallon cloth pots that I got from my local hydro store a few months ago. The smaller pots do get dry pretty fast, so I put some large saucers under them to help retain more water. So far so good.

Yes, big pots rule :love: I started mixing and hauling soil and I just said fvck it this year. Had a bunch of other things happening and figured it would be a good lesson. I think 20-25 gallons are a sweet spot for convenience and yield.
Big pots are great. The only problem is that they take a lot of space on my little deck. I'm thinking of growing on my hillside someday, but there are a lot of animals that love to eat weed down there

Back
Top Bottom