Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Stltoed

Howdy. I have three Strawberry Banana plants. 1 in RDWC and was a clone from a monster cropped mother.

The other 2 are the monster cropped mothers themselves. They are in dirt, actually sharing a 30 gallon pot. I trimmed the roots heavily and super cropped them shortly before the SCROG.

Right now all three plants are in veg and have a little time before flower. The hydro plant is all 3 finger leaves, a monster cropped symptom, which is cool, because this allows more light into the plant. I believe this one will fill the 4x3 foot SCROG nicely. The other two are a different situation. They have been heavily cloned and look a little funny. Since the plants were monster cropped the growth is SUPER dense with a very tight node spacing.

I dont think I'll know what they are gonna do until the stretch. I'm thinking I will have to cull some of the tops so that they have room to breath.

These plants are a byproduct of my last grow, which turned out terribly... I had the hydro snots and couldn't keep my system clean to save my ass. Well that's all over, I believe my system issues have been sorted. It wasn't a complete lose, I learned a lot, and had great support... Thanks again guys!

I will go over my grow room, and hydro system in the near future. Stick around, let's see if I can get some positive results this season. Cheers

Here is a brief description of my shed (growroom) and some of the items inside.
If you look close you can see the out going vent on the roof. There is an 8 inch inline, for the main room, and a 6 inch for the closet. Both are connected to this outlet. Here is a better look at the interior of this area.

The picture with the light, a Spectrum King 400, is the closet. I'm thinking the roof may need to come down for this grow. The closet also has a cheesey 6 inch inline pushing air in.

The light in the main room is an 1100 watt double ended HPS. I'm using a MH HPS for now, I just wanted to try it... I hate it. I started this plant with a CMH. I like it more than the HPS, but it's nothing like a good LED. For LEDs I've used Spectrum King, 2 different Platinum, Black Dog, Rapid, Perfect Sun, Ursa, G8, I think that's it. I like LED. I also have 2 large CFLs under my bench for greening stuff up, seedlings, and clones. They are a bit too powerful though. I use a welded wire mesh to attach the lights to the ceiling. This way I can put the lights where ever I like.
Here is an obscure picture of my reservoir. I dont know of another one like it. I use an inline fan to cool my water. I've gotten into steaming arguments over the effectiveness of this application, but I can tell you I can cool my water between 10 and 20 degrees reliably. My chiller cost $400, this fan was $20. I adjust the temp by a " valve" on the outlet. All the extra shit is keeping light out of the res.

Picture of the hydro plant. It's doing ok. It shouldn't take too long to fuller er up. The closet plant has had a bit too much Nitro. I did a foliar feeding and it might have been a little too spicey. I'm hoping the closet plants find second gear so they can be ready for flower when the hydro plant is.
Hope your grows are working out

Plants are being plants. The hydro plant is doing well. It's a good looking plant, but it's so leggy. We will see if that is a negative. The plant in the closet is coming along. I'm torn between seriously cutting into the plants, to thin them out, or gingerly trimming the big leaves that smothers the stuff on the inside. These two plants are just riddled with leaves, and smaller stems... super dense from monster cropping. They are getting over the Nitro excess, And are slowly growing. Flower is going to be dictated by the main room I think. I dont want to contend with light pollution

I'm having the worst time with uploading pics on this site... anyone else?

I'm doing a nute change. I'm gonna stick with the formula I used last time as its clear the plant likes it. There is one difference. I'm using Facilitor from Aptus. It's a Silica agent and seems to work better than other Silica products. I guess the difference is how it's made. It's more bioavailable than others. It's also highly concentrated. I only need 30ml for my system. I've always done well with this stuff including one season that produced 27oz from two plants. There is a downside... this 100ml bottle was $75. Stupid expensive. This is an old bottle, I'd hate to throw it out

I've been having the hardest time with pictures lately. I have pictures to help illustrate my story, maybe I'll get to use them. If this post has no pictures that's what happened.

I added 2 more walls to my hydro plants area. Both are highly reflective mylar sheet. This plant is doing well. Much better than the two mothers in the closet.

The two plants in the closet kinda suck. It's my fault. I've been spending all my time with the hydro plant. There are nutrient issues.. too much nitro with hooked leaves and low Phosphorous issues with purple stems. When ever I check on the closet I end up trying to thin them out...

I NEEDto keep better track of what I'm giving them and feed to suit. You'd think I would know that. With a little luck hydro girl will put out enough for all the plants... but that's a ways away. I hope everything is good on your side of the fence

I like your set up! I’m in for this one!

You have a beautiful yard, an awesome set up, and I like your bong! But I DO not like, your feet. Feet gross me out, lmao! I will get over it though. Just trying to be funny. I’m already funny looking, might as well go for the entire package:rofl:

im subbed in and will follow along! :thumb:

Things looking good in here
Thanks man. The hydro plant is doing pretty well. The other two are hard to read. I think the first 10 days of flower will be telling for that one.

Shit after last season I'm glad to have anything going. Gotta make my growing life easier.

Back
Top Bottom