Trump Growing Jan6 OG

My pleasure ! That meter I linked is pretty cheap and effective . I will agree though that you are a cheap ass for not getting one and wanting to. lol

Yes sir the temp is for terps and volatile components and the rh is to slow the dry so that that enzyme that chews on the chlorophyll has more time to work as well as to keep mold away. I used to dry in my grow room as I have an a/c and well everything to control that environment not to mention no one can complain about how nipplie it is! lol I say used to because I been blessed with the ability to purchase a Pharmaceutical Freeze dryer so that's what's coming this round for me

Yep what you are smelling is what's no longer on your plants and that's another reason people that can regulate the temps in their grows turn down the temp at least the last two weeks. To let those glands fill up :)

I know what you mean.
I just noticed the link in your post and clicked on it. Looks like I have a wood moisture meter headed my way!

Thanks for the link!

WOW! How cool is that! A pharmaceutical freeze dryer! Are you using it to dry sift your product?

I just noticed the link in your post and clicked on it. Looks like I have a wood moisture meter headed my way!

Thanks for the link!
I figured you might have or you where just a super cheap guy. lol Thats why I mentioned it again.

You are very welcome.
WOW! How cool is that! A pharmaceutical freeze dryer! Are you using it to dry sift your product?
Yes it is . I am super excited about it. I am going to be using it for all kinds of things. I just started thinking of what its full potential is. As of right this second its going to be for drying and curing flower. I mean from plant to cure in 16-24hrs with preserving all the goodness. I cant wait.

I figured you might have or you where just a super cheap guy. lol Thats why I mentioned it again.

You are very welcome.

You guessed right. I am a super cheap person. I love to DIY stuff to my liking so maybe super cheap isn't the right phrase.

Frugal. Yeah. Frugal. That sounds way better! 😆
Yes it is . I am super excited about it. I am going to be using it for all kinds of things. I just started thinking of what its full potential is. As of right this second its going to be for drying and curing flower. I mean from plant to cure in 16-24hrs with preserving all the goodness. I cant wait.

That is so cool. That must've set you back a pretty penny but worth it if you're trying to preserve as much as you can. I'm sure that freezer is going to be very versatile for many things.

You guessed right. I am a super cheap person. I love to DIY stuff to my liking so maybe super cheap isn't the right phrase.

Frugal. Yeah. Frugal. That sounds way better! 😆
lol yes that sounds way better. lol
That is so cool. That must've set you back a pretty penny but worth it if you're trying to preserve as much as you can. I'm sure that freezer is going to be very versatile for many things.
Yes Like I said I'm super excited and blessed as well as grateful that I was able to purchase this, there where donations made. As far as the price tag it was 3500.00 usd . Along with the flower I make rso and infused oil meds that I GIVE (yes 100% Free) to people dealing with as well as those that are high risk for various types cancer. I have seen this plant do GREAST THINGS! I very interested in how much cleaner it will make these items. For instance I did not know until yesterday that you can freeze dry certain oils!!! oh yeah the wheels are turning!!

lol yes that sounds way better. lol

Yes Like I said I'm super excited and blessed as well as grateful that I was able to purchase this, there where donations made. As far as the price tag it was 3500.00 usd . Along with the flower I make rso and infused oil meds that I GIVE (yes 100% Free) to people dealing with as well as those that are high risk for various types cancer. I have seen this plant do GREAST THINGS! I very interested in how much cleaner it will make these items. For instance I did not know until yesterday that you can freeze dry certain oils!!! oh yeah the wheels are turning!!
That's amazing Brother!! I agree. This plant has so many medicinal uses that the Feds have kept us from being able to expose to the general public to get rid of this "Reefer Madness" mentality. Thankfully it's starting to permeate even the most conservative states.

03/20/2024

Average Daily Temperature - 70°
Average Daily Humidity - 59%

Not that I didn't see this coming, but the GF got into some of the smoke and conveniently "forgot" to tell me until I noticed her smoking some really good smelling smoke.

So here's her smoke report. Nice fruity terps with a really bright, happy high. She also likes the lack of stems inside the flower. She said when she broke up the flower to roll a few doobs it broke up evenly and was slightly resinous throughout the flower. This is with 9 days in dry and me still in Trim Jail. Jar specs are 70°/58%.

Hoping cure will bring a little more depth but from the few tokes I took I agree with her assessment.

I should finish up Trim tonight and keep them in the jars for a week or so before I put them into the grove bags although I've already run out of jars so I may need to transfer what I've had in jars for the past couple days now to the grove bags to have enough room to house it all.

03/20/2024

Average Daily Temperature - 70°
Average Daily Humidity - 59%

Not that I didn't see this coming, but the GF got into some of the smoke and conveniently "forgot" to tell me until I noticed her smoking some really good smelling smoke.

So here's her smoke report. Nice fruity terps with a really bright, happy high. She also likes the lack of stems inside the flower. She said when she broke up the flower to roll a few doobs it broke up evenly and was slightly resinous throughout the flower. This is with 9 days in dry and me still in Trim Jail. Jar specs are 70°/58%.

Hoping cure will bring a little more depth but from the few tokes I took I agree with her assessment.

I should finish up Trim tonight and keep them in the jars for a week or so before I put them into the grove bags although I've already run out of jars so I may need to transfer what I've had in jars for the past couple days now to the grove bags to have enough room to house it all.
Is this the point when you start burping your jars?

Is this the point when you start burping your jars?
Yes. Once they're in the jars I'll burp them daily depending on what the hygrometer in the jar readings are. Right now they are at just the right humidity I want so I only burp them once a day and only for a few minutes. One of the things I do when I burp them is to transfer them into another jar, pouring them in, so that the top flowers that are exposed to the air at the top of the jar that get drier get transferred to the bottom where there isn't as much air to evaporate the moisture from to keep the dry as even as I can.

If you jar your flowers you want to keep around 20% of the top of the jar unfilled so that you have room for the moisture to go to.

Yes. Once they're in the jars I'll burp them daily depending on what the hygrometer in the jar readings are. Right now they are at just the right humidity I want so I only burp them once a day and only for a few minutes. One of the things I do when I burp them is to transfer them into another jar, pouring them in, so that the top flowers that are exposed to the air at the top of the jar that get drier get transferred to the bottom where there isn't as much air to evaporate the moisture from to keep the dry as even as I can.

If you jar your flowers you want to keep around 20% of the top of the jar unfilled so that you have room for the moisture to go to.
I rotate mine.
Burp then set them upside down so that space flip’s.
Next day right way.
Next day upside down. BURP FLIP BURP FLIP.
Call me crazy 🤣 doing cases at a time.
Every day for a week to 10 days.
Then every other day for a couple weeks.
Grove bags have saved me a wee bit of time.
But jars worked for many years.
Hope your doing well Amigo :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I rotate mine.
Burp then set them upside down so that space flip’s.
Next day right way.
Next day upside down.
Call me crazy 🤣 doing cases at a time.
Every day for a week to 10 days.
Then every other day for a couple weeks.
Grove bags have saved me a wee bit of time.
But jars worked for many years.
Hope your doing well Amigo :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
You can do it that way too!! :thumb:

Excellent thank you! 👍☮️

Burn Test - Pass

03212024 Burn Test.jpg

Burn Test - Pass

03212024 Burn Test.jpg
Looking Good ...I remember when proto pipes came out ...slide cover ,poker in slot on the bottom and a goo chamber :).

That's a pretty cool pipe!

I probably missed it but at what point did you final trim your buds please?

***Note: I just saw above you are finishing trim now. 👍
As @No Pain mentioned, this is a Proto pipe. One of the best pipes you can buy, IMO. I've had this pipe for more than 25 years. The poker is kind of bent but I still have the original replacement poker they came with. Just too stubborn to get rid of the bent one.

03/22/2024

I've done my sentence in Trim Jail so the dry portion of the Dry and Cure is complete. Had I put them in jars I'd be burping every day but I got some Grove Bags for storage so I don't need to burp them. The other jars in the pic below will be burped for the next week or so but they're pretty much ready other than giving the enzymes time to break down the chlorophyl.

Thanks to everyone that has followed the updates on this journal. I appreciate all the comments and ideas that you all gave me as this grow was going and I look forward to starting up another and journalling it for myself as far as notes and for you if you got any good info out of this journal.

Peace to y'all! Trump out! :cool:

03222024 Dry and Cure Finished.jpg

03/22/2024

I've done my sentence in Trim Jail so the dry portion of the Dry and Cure is complete. Had I put them in jars I'd be burping every day but I got some Grove Bags for storage so I don't need to burp them. The other jars in the pic below will be burped for the next week or so but they're pretty much ready other than giving the enzymes time to break down the chlorophyl.

Thanks to everyone that has followed the updates on this journal. I appreciate all the comments and ideas that you all gave me as this grow was going and I look forward to starting up another and journalling it for myself as far as notes and for you if you got any good info out of this journal.

Peace to y'all! Trump out! :cool:

03222024 Dry and Cure Finished.jpg

This has been great, thank you! 👍🙏

Back
Top Bottom