Sangmang's Peanut Butter Breath, Jack Herer Grow #2

I hear u dude, I’m starting to love the coco. How often are you watering?
3minutes at lights on and then every 4 hours for 1 minute. Then 1 minute in the middle of lights out. So 5 total feedings per 24 hours. Maybe too much too early but I'm still figuring it out. But I will say that My runoff ppm doesn't drift up at all this grow which was happening a lot last grow. My drip rings I think put out 200ml or less per minute.

Yeah its fun and seems like not a bad learning curve. I want to start reusing it but last grow I think I messed it up pretty bad so started fresh this time.

Im kicking myself for allowing light leak into my nutrient reservoir last grow. I was confident that the small hole on top of the res which was by a window was ok and not the cause of my constant ph drift upwards. Now that my res is in the basement and completely covered my ph stays exactly where I leave it and I am having to clean it wayy less often.
I was completely forgetting that I used tap water last grow. I'm sure the stable ph has to do with the RO water as well.

Beginning of 2nd week since 12/12

Alright I'm still getting interveinal chlorosis on the newer to mid growth and a general paler green look on newest growth even after calmag @ 300ppm. I must have misread and thought that Mag was immobile which it is not, so Mag deficiency would show on older leaves first right? Sulfur is immobile however and shows similar deficiency symptoms(intervein yellowing) in newer growth.

So this reservoir I mixed in 150ppm Epsom salts(1g per gal) for sulfur content and 150ppm calmag. Total feed 700ppm. Also sprayed with epsom foliar again at lights out. We'll see if anything changes next couple days. Growth is good overall and I'm still tucking them in the net. I trimmed below canopy on the Jack Herer and soon will on the other.
20210516_233800.jpg
20210516_233755.jpg
20210516_233653.jpg
20210517_000249_HDR.jpg
20210517_000259_HDR.jpg

Beginning of 2nd week since 12/12

Alright I'm still getting interveinal chlorosis on the newer to mid growth and a general paler green look on newest growth even after calmag @ 300ppm. I must have misread and thought that Mag was immobile which it is not, so Mag deficiency would show on older leaves first right? Sulfur is immobile however and shows similar deficiency symptoms(intervein yellowing) in newer growth.

So this reservoir I mixed in 150ppm Epsom salts(1g per gal) for sulfur content and 150ppm calmag. Total feed 700ppm. Also sprayed with epsom foliar again at lights out. We'll see if anything changes next couple days. Growth is good overall and I'm still tucking them in the net. I trimmed below canopy on the Jack Herer and soon will on the other.
20210516_233800.jpg
20210516_233755.jpg
20210516_233653.jpg
20210517_000249_HDR.jpg
20210517_000259_HDR.jpg
It’s usually in the 4-6 week of growth that magnesium deficiencies shows. With a stable PH u can add 2teaspoons of epsom salt per gallon with each watering. For faster results spray foliage with 2% solution of epsom salt every 4/5 days. Continue with the watering schedule with Epson salt until it totally disappears. Use Epson salt designed specifically for plants. Reduce you’re EC/ppm for a week. Good luck

It’s usually in the 4-6 week of growth that magnesium deficiencies shows. With a stable PH u can add 2teaspoons of epsom salt per gallon with each watering. For faster results spray foliage with 2% solution of epsom salt every 4/5 days. Continue with the watering schedule with Epson salt until it totally disappears. Use Epson salt designed specifically for plants. Reduce you’re EC/ppm for a week. Good luck
I'll try the 2%, I think that works out to 75g per gallon? And when you say reduce ppm do you mean reducing NPK to make room for the epsom? Thanks for your input.

I'll try the 2%, I think that works out to 75g per gallon? And when you say reduce ppm do you mean reducing NPK to make room for the epsom? Thanks for your input.
I mean reduce the ppm of solution.
one thing to at worked for me for my current grow is that I cut out a certain product and I seen a fast difference. That was the big bud formula. Next grow I will be using half required dose of it and see what happens

Finishing up week 2 flower. They've been stretching pretty good and I'm still tucking/tying. I might end up having to raise the PBB a couple inches. Also I finally got my 3rd tent in the basement and its really nice having everything in one place. The one at the end is a 6x6x6 for houseplants kept at around 80%rh. Others are 2x4.
20210520_183641.jpg
20210517_203829_HDR.jpg

Yellowing is mostly corrected. Im going to keep using epsom for mag from now on and maybe look into a calcium supplement so I can eliminate the calmag bottle. Feeding at 750ppm 5x daily and a short burst at night. I need a dehumidifier asap my basement has been 70%humidity lately.

Peanut butter breath is shorter and less stretchy than Jack Herer so I might have to raise the whole plant, I wasn't able to keep the even with training. Next time if I grow the same 2 strains I'll root the JH cutting a couple weeks after PBB.

Flowers are coming in and the tent is starting to get pretty stinky.
20210524_001047.jpg
20210524_001143.jpg
20210524_001032_HDR.jpg

I just noticed I have a TON of springtails in my coco. As far as I know they are harmless so I'm not going to worry about it. I have read a few people say they chew on root hairs but I don't see any issues on my plants.

Day 26 of Flower

I raised the PBB plant a bit so the canopy is mostly even now. Lights are about 18" above.
20210602_191814.jpg

Tighter node spacing in general from last grow and more so on the PBB than JH.

JH
20210602_191952.jpg
20210602_192027_HDR.jpg

PBB
20210602_192006.jpg

20210602_191832.jpg

My humidity is too high still even with the dehumidifier in the basement. Might need a bigger one or to locate it closer to the tent. Hovering around 60% on rainy/humid days which maybe is unavoidable. I have sufficient circulation so I'm not too worried about mold however the VPD isnt in a great spot.

My feeding schedule has been working out far better this grow than last.

650-700ppm max including Cal&mag. I don't see myself increasing the strength, they showed some tip burn when I tried any higher than that.

Mid-late veg: feed every 4 hours.

Early flower/stretch: every 3 hours

Mid flower: (where im at now) my runoff ppm is slowly creeping up. If it continues to do so I'll start feeding every 2 hours.

Thats all during lights on. I feed once halfway through the 12hour dark period. Each feed is 1 minute long which gets me a little runoff each time. First feed of the day is 2 minutes.

So far ive avoided all the mistakes I made last grow and its much more pleasant this time around.

Just ordered some Megacrop. I'm sick of wasting all this plastic and money on these watered down nutrients and companies trying to sell you 10 bottles of magic potion. Its crazy how much marketing is involved in cannabis growing compared to any other crop. I may wait until next grow to make the switch.

Back
Top Bottom