The Fat Ladies In The Cathouse

Farmer Reading

The journal name should be titled--- "I Am a Lazy Pothead who Procrastinated until my Outdoor Pot Plants were in Late to Mid Flower to Start my Journal".

This year I have five outdoor girls. Four plants located in an abandoned cat cage and one girl located out in an old ancient hog lot---back in the day people bred and even farrowed piglets outside--where an old wooden hog box set for decades. The abandoned cat cage is pretty awesome, but the location(s) are about 80 miles away.

I have done a shitty job of tracking my strains; positive that I have at least one Expert Haze girl, pretty sure I have at least one girl that is Crop King Crown Royale, probably a Nichole Kush, possibly a Tropicana Cookies, and possibly another strain. Between looking at the plants, seed records, and genetics the proper strain identification can be obtained.

Popped my girls between late January and mid March. One plant was up potted up to a five gallon, three up potted to threes gallons, and one transplanted from a 20 oz. cup.

Soil medium homemade super soil and one plant in Sohum Super Soil---additionally river gravel, pea gravel, standard gravel, and cedar mulch were used at the base and tops of holes. One of my plants has my dead dog underneath it. I manually dug holes with hand tools between 25 to 60 gallons.

Fed my growth nutrients once or twice after transplant depending upon when the girls were transplanted (June 2nd to June 20th). The only other supplement has been a sugar based product.

My basic goal of the journal is to document the final stages of my outdoor plants and hopefully get help from better cultivators than me on how to finish the plants all the way up to a finished flower. Hopefully provide some entertainment.

This is Fern Cave, because there are ferns on top and sorta around the cave. The only thing this has to do with the grow is that Fern Cave and my Cat Cage are located in the same state. Fern cave is located one mile north of the Ohio River in one of my small forests located near Pomeroy, the county seat of Meigs County. Cloudy white water steadily flows into a small creek at the base of the hill where the forest sets. The cloudy water is a result of coal mining completed by folks that are now ironically in the early stages of becoming coal.

During my sabbatical from reality a few years ago I acquired this property hoping to grow weed on top of the hill, thus launching/making Meigs County the Napa Valley of weed (mania is fucked up). Fortunately for me timber prices are now near an all time high, so now my timber would pay for the property. There are three caves on the property and for some reason that is cool.

View media item 1841521
This is my best tree (the tree with the big canopy) a hundred plus old year red oak located about five minutes hard walk from Fern Cave. Trees can teach us a lot about how to grow weed.

View media item 1841522
A couple pictures of the hog lot where one of my girls is located.
The cover is very diverse with several ecosystems in the immediate area.
Quite often I get lost looking for my girl.

View media item 1841523
View media item 1841524

The first picture is of a really cool looking willow species and the second pictures does a great job of demonstrating how my girl naturally blends into her rural environment (using the same willow species).

Finally my girl Sunny Stems, you may notice how she is in a hole. She isn't a giant or naturally impressive outdoor plant, but I am proud of her. She was planted on June 25th and lived about 2 1/2 months in a 20 oz. pot. This was my smallest hole. Didn't dig too deep, because I was concerned about too much water from the big low place in the ground. This resulted in her enduring some heavy heat stress in veg. The last photo shows her base stems. Based upon my research is from sun exposure.

Finally a fuzzy picture of the Cathouse; I will introduce these girls later. Sleep time.

Totally kewl, I want to tag along for the ride.
If i do an outdoor grow it will have to be stealthy.
Awesome pictures.
Very Cool. I am heading over to the grow now.

Honor to have you along DK.

Thanks a lot meant to have a few more plants in the stealth environment, but when I had access to an enclosed kennel cage I had to utilize that space. Kinda like if you lease space from IIPR you it before less desirable space.

The journal name should be titled--- "I Am a Lazy Pothead who Procrastinated until my Outdoor Pot Plants were in Late to Mid Flower to Start my Journal".

This year I have five outdoor girls. Four plants located in an abandoned cat cage and one girl located out in an old ancient hog lot---back in the day people bred and even farrowed piglets outside--where an old wooden hog box set for decades. The abandoned cat cage is pretty awesome, but the location(s) are about 80 miles away.

I have done a shitty job of tracking my strains; positive that I have at least one Expert Haze girl, pretty sure I have at least one girl that is Crop King Crown Royale, probably a Nichole Kush, possibly a Tropicana Cookies, and possibly another strain. Between looking at the plants, seed records, and genetics the proper strain identification can be obtained.

Popped my girls between late January and mid March. One plant was up potted up to a five gallon, three up potted to threes gallons, and one transplanted from a 20 oz. cup.

Soil medium homemade super soil and one plant in Sohum Super Soil---additionally river gravel, pea gravel, standard gravel, and cedar mulch were used at the base and tops of holes. One of my plants has my dead dog underneath it. I manually dug holes with hand tools between 25 to 60 gallons.

Fed my growth nutrients once or twice after transplant depending upon when the girls were transplanted (June 2nd to June 20th). The only other supplement has been a sugar based product.

My basic goal of the journal is to document the final stages of my outdoor plants and hopefully get help from better cultivators than me on how to finish the plants all the way up to a finished flower. Hopefully provide some entertainment.

This is Fern Cave, because there are ferns on top and sorta around the cave. The only thing this has to do with the grow is that Fern Cave and my Cat Cage are located in the same state. Fern cave is located one mile north of the Ohio River in one of my small forests located near Pomeroy, the county seat of Meigs County. Cloudy white water steadily flows into a small creek at the base of the hill where the forest sets. The cloudy water is a result of coal mining completed by folks that are now ironically in the early stages of becoming coal.

During my sabbatical from reality a few years ago I acquired this property hoping to grow weed on top of the hill, thus launching/making Meigs County the Napa Valley of weed (mania is fucked up). Fortunately for me timber prices are now near an all time high, so now my timber would pay for the property. There are three caves on the property and for some reason that is cool.

View media item 1841521
This is my best tree (the tree with the big canopy) a hundred plus old year red oak located about five minutes hard walk from Fern Cave. Trees can teach us a lot about how to grow weed.

View media item 1841522
A couple pictures of the hog lot where one of my girls is located.
The cover is very diverse with several ecosystems in the immediate area.
Quite often I get lost looking for my girl.

View media item 1841523
View media item 1841524

The first picture is of a really cool looking willow species and the second pictures does a great job of demonstrating how my girl naturally blends into her rural environment (using the same willow species).

Finally my girl Sunny Stems, you may notice how she is in a hole. She isn't a giant or naturally impressive outdoor plant, but I am proud of her. She was planted on June 25th and lived about 2 1/2 months in a 20 oz. pot. This was my smallest hole. Didn't dig too deep, because I was concerned about too much water from the big low place in the ground. This resulted in her enduring some heavy heat stress in veg. The last photo shows her base stems. Based upon my research is from sun exposure.

Finally a fuzzy picture of the Cathouse; I will introduce these girls later. Sleep time.
Look at this outdoorsy grow! I dig the cathode set up. Home made soul, thumbs up. Timber prices, thumbs down. Hope you don't mind the follow and wish I could tag along on trips...big big sad face!

Look at this outdoorsy grow! I dig the cathode set up. Home made soul, thumbs up. Timber prices, thumbs down. Hope you don't mind the follow and wish I could tag along on trips...big big sad face!
So sorry FR, didn't realize the Bluetooth misunderstanding when commenting. Just an FYI, I dig the CAT PEN set up and the home made SOIL lol

Yeah buying lumber sucks big time. I build houses for a living. Kinda hasn't slowed us down yet, but i feel shitty for the people that need the materials.
Actually, I own about fifty acres of forest scattered across three counties in Southern Ohio.

Actually kinda collect trees. Have cataloged around a dozen >pretty solid hardwoods, Red Oak, Black Oak, Black Cherry, Black Walnut, and Eastern White Pine.

Timber prices have been brutal. I could have made a small fortune and cleared out a good cultivation spot selling off a bunch of my beeches. Seems like the premium hardwood market was less impacted.

Hopefully you have been prospering with the booming home market.
Seems like this market could balloon at least homes are tangible investments.

It is crazy that with the low interest rates allow middle class folks own $500(k) homes.

More cultivation related I have a handful of indoor plants.
Acquired some fresh genetics at Canna Com in Chicago, so journal that indoor grow.

So sorry FR, didn't realize the Bluetooth misunderstanding when commenting. Just an FYI, I dig the CAT PEN set up and the home made SOIL lol
Lol. Yeah, some very nice, very special, very mentally challenged lady lived on the property for decades. Once my dad expired she just left leaving a pet cow and two hogs.
Think my dad felt sorry for her and wasn't too concerned how regular she paid the rent.

She had a few dogs and upwards of 50 cats. Tried not to deal with the poor women too often.

Other than the pet cow and one or two pigs she moved with all of her other pets. By the looks of the cow she took really great care of them.

Reckon we need to take the animals to market, but they are pets. Selling them to slaughter would be pretty dick, but cows are really forking expensive to feed. hogs too.

Awww those types of situations are always so hard to deal with, like you said, you end up feeling bad, like your father-whom I am so sorry to hear passed. I assume she took the menagerie with her besides the cow and hogs? I don't and have never owned any, but I was married and lived in Indiana for 8 years and everybody I knew raised cattle and hogs or had a neighbor that did. Lots of money and work....like that you have the heart not to want to slaughter them. I wouldn't want then to go out that way either

Quick update. This is Brenda, I thought she was a Tropicana Cookie, but I don't see any purple. Brenda had some very nice buds, but many of her larger buds got bud rot. So I spent more or less eight hours applying PM Wash, cutting out bud rot and defoliating. Then I tried to spread some compost maybe to discourage the PM and possibly as a tea.

Growing outdoor weed is sooo much fun at times. The more I grow the less I smoke and feeling smart is, bad? :passitleft:
Brenda is getting the chop on Saturday!!! Bout two weeks ahead of schedule.

Bud ROT

Good BUD, Maybe?

Make matters worse damn gnomes are stealing next year's super soil:party:

:cheer: looking fabulous whatever they end up being in the end, they sure look like they are on the road to yum yum town

@Farmer Reading, how is the plant above the burial site? I was just reading something that you can compost a dead body. There is a company that will do it for you... I mean, if I had 50 acres, I think that's where I'd be composted.
Compost your dead body like this

:cheer: looking fabulous whatever they end up being in the end, they sure look like they are on the road to yum yum town
Sorry for crapping out on the journal at the end. Fighting PM and BR kinda took the wind out of my sails.
Pretty much a shit show trying to harvest like a fire sale.
Ok I'm caught up. This is so damn sweet. Thanks for the head's up.
I made it easy to catch up. Starting to work on this year's outdoor grow, so I'll attempt to start over.
@Farmer Reading, how is the plant above the burial site? I was just reading something that you can compost a dead body. There is a company that will do it for you... I mean, if I had 50 acres, I think that's where I'd be composted.
Compost your dead body like this
She would have yielded over a pound (no calcium issues), but I lost most of the best buds to PM:confused:
Still after everything was said and done from all the girls had well over a pound of solid outdoor nugs that are starting to cure out nicely. Then another pound that has been used for mostly gummy's.

Think I will leave Charlie to rest, but plan to put one girl in the Cat House this season.

Composting bodies is very environmentally friendly. I am seriously considering a mushroom suit for my expiration date. Damn shame that assisting folks with unwanted body disposal can be construed as illegal cause I could make a killing in my woods, except for the steep hills :rolleyes:

Hopefully to keep things interesting I'll feature some of my girls I flipped on Feb. 8th.

Ms. Troppy (probably need to work on her name) she is on day/month ten. Seeding date was 4/15. The runt and seedling mate to last season's outdoor Tropicana Cookies.

Not feeling very photogenic today she is almost done stretching, starting to get hungry, and this isn't her normal home.

Guess I will get this year's outdoor grow kicked off with the soil:cough:

A multi layer composting process is used to build and amend my soils.

This turn and amendment cycle the following ingredients were added to the soil mass:

1. Quart Lime
2. Two cups granulated humic acid
3. Three cubs bone fish meal
4. Two cups of bone meal
5. Two cups dolomite lime
6. Two cups phosphate (0-22-0)
7. Two cups alfalfa meal
8. 16 cups of blood meal
9. 16 cups of rice meal
10. Two cups of kelp meal
11. 1/2 cup Bat Guano (0-7-0)
12. 3/4 cup natural fertilizer (2-5-7)
13. 1/2 cup natural fertilizer (3-3-7)
14. 1 cup roots organic uprising bloom (3-6-4)
15. 5 quarts gypsum
16. 6 Tables spoons Mykos
17. Cypress mulch 3/4 bag
18. Pine Bark Chips 1/2 bag
19. 1/2 bag asylum compost
20. 1/2 bag of local compost
21. 1/3 large bag of vermiculite
22. 1/4 bag of regular grade per-lite
23. 15 pounds soybean hull pellets
24. 12 quarts high grade vermicompost.
25. Two bags composted horse manure
25. 1/2 bag locally made compost
26. Two cups of azomite.

Sorry to hear about the journal and the downfalls! Glad that you are getting ready for Spring!! That is a helluva lot of soil. I can't wait to grow outdoors. You always have such great pictures out there and some lovely nugs, looking forward to seeing what's next!

Sorry to hear about the journal and the downfalls! Glad that you are getting ready for Spring!! That is a helluva lot of soil. I can't wait to grow outdoors. You always have such great pictures out there and some lovely nugs, looking forward to seeing what's next!
Thanks a lot for your concern and praise. Your flower tent is legendary.

Hopefully I learned quite a bit last season. My main strain will be a pm resistant one.

I got a really late start on the previous journal and have plenty of pretty solid bud, so it wasn't a waste of time by any means. It was mostly frustrating, because the girls didn't maximize their potential.

This year part of the soil will be going to plenty of friends growing outdoor(s), at least one hemp farmer, some produce production, and think I am going to start using only my soils indoors. As much natural ingredients that are in the soil it should be a solid amendment for other soil mediums.

This season I want to grow one large girl in the Cathouse and probably tomatoes in last years soil.

Planning to grow in two or three guerrilla locations that will hopefully provide some solid photos and a look into old school outdoor cultivation. Hopefully out of three locations only one will be a bust.

My focus on the will be more on moderately sized productive girls verses one pound monster plants in the rural locations.

Hopefully I'll have some cool looking nugs from last year's outdoor grow, since they are almost cured.

I'll try to stay on top of it and have a lot to learn.

Thanks a lot for your concern and praise. Your flower tent is legendary.
Of course, absolutely! Have to care about our fellow growers! Thank you very much Farmee I appreciate your kind words!!!
Hopefully I learned quite a bit last season. My main strain will be a pm resistant one.

I got a really late start on the previous journal and have plenty of pretty solid bud, so it wasn't a waste of time by any means. It was mostly frustrating, because the girls didn't maximize their potential.

All a learning opportunity and more experience!
This year part of the soil will be going to plenty of friends growing outdoor(s), at least one hemp farmer, some produce production, and think I am going to start using only my soils indoors. As much natural ingredients that are in the soil it should be a solid amendment for other soil mediums.

What kind of amendments do you use if you don't mind me inquiring
This season I want to grow one large girl in the Cathouse and probably tomatoes in last years soil.

Planning to grow in two or three guerrilla locations that will hopefully provide some solid photos and a look into old school outdoor cultivation. Hopefully out of three locations only one will be a bust.

You must have a lot of property!!
My focus on the will be more on moderately sized productive girls verses one pound monster plants in the rural locations.
I think that is an easier task to achieve!
Hopefully I'll have some cool looking nugs from last year's outdoor grow, since they are almost cured.

I'll try to stay on top of it and have a lot to learn.
We all have much to learn and your nuggets always look top notch!

Guess I will get this year's outdoor grow kicked off with the soil:cough:

A multi layer composting process is used to build and amend my soils.

This turn and amendment cycle the following ingredients were added to the soil mass:

1. Quart Lime
2. Two cups granulated humic acid
3. Three cubs bone fish meal
4. Two cups of bone meal
5. Two cups dolomite lime
6. Two cups phosphate (0-22-0)
7. Two cups alfalfa meal
8. 16 cups of blood meal
9. 16 cups of rice meal
10. Two cups of kelp meal
11. 1/2 cup Bat Guano (0-7-0)
12. 3/4 cup natural fertilizer (2-5-7)
13. 1/2 cup natural fertilizer (3-3-7)
14. 1 cup roots organic uprising bloom (3-6-4)
15. 5 quarts gypsum
16. 6 Tables spoons Mykos
17. Cypress mulch 3/4 bag
18. Pine Bark Chips 1/2 bag
19. 1/2 bag asylum compost
20. 1/2 bag of local compost
21. 1/3 large bag of vermiculite
22. 1/4 bag of regular grade per-lite
23. 15 pounds soybean hull pellets
24. 12 quarts high grade vermicompost.
25. Two bags composted horse manure
25. 1/2 bag locally made compost