The Fat Ladies In The Cathouse

Guess I will get this year's outdoor grow kicked off with the soil:cough:

A multi layer composting process is used to build and amend my soils.

This turn and amendment cycle the following ingredients were added to the soil mass:

1. Quart Lime
2. Two cups granulated humic acid
3. Three cubs bone fish meal
4. Two cups of bone meal
5. Two cups dolomite lime
6. Two cups phosphate (0-22-0)
7. Two cups alfalfa meal
8. 16 cups of blood meal
9. 16 cups of rice meal
10. Two cups of kelp meal
11. 1/2 cup Bat Guano (0-7-0)
12. 3/4 cup natural fertilizer (2-5-7)
13. 1/2 cup natural fertilizer (3-3-7)
14. 1 cup roots organic uprising bloom (3-6-4)
15. 5 quarts gypsum
16. 6 Tables spoons Mykos
17. Cypress mulch 3/4 bag
18. Pine Bark Chips 1/2 bag
19. 1/2 bag asylum compost
20. 1/2 bag of local compost
21. 1/3 large bag of vermiculite
22. 1/4 bag of regular grade per-lite
23. 15 pounds soybean hull pellets
24. 12 quarts high grade vermicompost.
25. Two bags composted horse manure
25. 1/2 bag locally made compost
26. Two cups of azomite.
27. The kitchen sink!!!!

How long do you let that mixture mulch for, and at what point if any do you mix it all together? And what does the azomite do? What IS azomite? Lmao.

Asylum compost that sounds crazy!!
It is kinda crazy! Up until the early 70's give or take a decade there was a huge state asylum (now known as the Ridges). When the invention of psychic drugs came on the scene and funding for actual mental health dried up they closed it down. When I got out of the Army a lot of my friends and family told me I was going to the Ridges instead of Ohio University. Now the University owns the property, which is about a 1000 acres; where the university's composting facility is located.

They charge $30.00 a cubic yard for compost or it is "free" where they drop it off for facility maintenance depending where they drop it off at. Here are a few pics., enjoy.

P.S.: the composting facility isn't nearly as aesthetic as the asylum buildings.

Of course, absolutely! Have to care about our fellow growers! Thank you very much Farmee I appreciate your kind words!!!

All a learning opportunity and more experience!

What kind of amendments do you use if you don't mind me inquiring

You must have a lot of property!!

I think that is an easier task to achieve!

We all have much to learn and your nuggets always look top notch!
Yeah, it is really cool to follow other folk's journey's in growing. When I cultivate the successes are more rewarding and the failures are less demoralizing, because I know there are many others trying to follow the same path.

Basically attempt to find as much stuff that is free---actually nothing is free due to transportation cost.
The crappier the ingredients the earlier they go into the process:

Cost neutral Ingredient(s):

Horse manure
Municipal Leaf Compost
Forest debris
Free Wood chips
Asylum compost

Low Cost Ingredients(used in all cycles):

Pine Bark Mulch
Cypress Mulch
Pine Bark
Cedar mulch
Cedar Chips
Cocoa Mulch---when available--
Gypsum
Dolimite Lime

Medium Cost Ingredients(used in later cycles):

Peat Moss
Coco Coir
Worm Casting(s)
Worm Casting Fertilizer
Perlite
Soybean Hull Pellets
Soybean Mill (new)
Blood Meal
Rice Meal

High Cost Ingredients (used in later cycles):

Organic/Natural Fertilizer
Bat Guano
Fish meal
Phosphate
Humic acid
Kelp Meal
Mykos
Azomite
Green Sand

The process is kinda like an inefficient funnel of composting and amending.
Don't have an exact formulation (one reason wanna journal it), but could give an approximation of how much goes into a mix.

Now is becoming challenging, because a lot of ingredients are extremely difficult to find.

---Shit shed---
---Grand Stands---
---Shit machine---weed making machine---
---Composting unit---

I have land in four counties. Here is a pic of my largest property, which hopefully will be going into conservation soon.

Really like looking at nugs. They're kinda like looking at collectible coins that you can smoke.

27. The kitchen sink!!!!

How long do you let that mixture mulch for, and at what point if any do you mix it all together? And what does the azomite do? What IS azomite? Lmao.
Need to narrow down a few ingredients.

It is kinda like putting the cart before the horse-shit.
The longer the mixture sets the better and the more the mixture is turned the better.

As soon as permitted I am going to amend some raw horse manure on the top of the pile.
Ideally, want to let that set for a month or so.

Mix it all together continuously and before use.

Most recent amendment used pre-composted manure, so turn that whenever.

Technically, if it heats up it is ready to turn.

Azomite: it is made in Utah by Mormans.
A source of natural trace minerals.

27. The kitchen sink!!!!

Yes, the real questions :hookah:

The longer the mixture sets the better and the more the mixture is turned the better.

As soon as permitted I am going to amend some raw horse manure on the top of the pile.

So does this eliminate the need for anything else during the grow? Cal-mag?

Yeah, it is really cool to follow other folk's journey's in growing. When I cultivate the successes are more rewarding and the failures are less demoralizing, because I know there are many others trying to follow the same path.

Basically attempt to find as much stuff that is free---actually nothing is free due to transportation cost.
The crappier the ingredients the earlier they go into the process:

Cost neutral Ingredient(s):

Horse manure
Municipal Leaf Compost
Forest debris
Free Wood chips
Asylum compost

Low Cost Ingredients(used in all cycles):

Pine Bark Mulch
Cypress Mulch
Pine Bark
Cedar mulch
Cedar Chips
Cocoa Mulch---when available--
Gypsum
Dolimite Lime

Medium Cost Ingredients(used in later cycles):

Peat Moss
Coco Coir
Worm Casting(s)
Worm Casting Fertilizer
Perlite
Soybean Hull Pellets
Soybean Mill (new)
Blood Meal
Rice Meal

High Cost Ingredients (used in later cycles):

Organic/Natural Fertilizer
Bat Guano
Fish meal
Phosphate
Humic acid
Kelp Meal
Mykos
Azomite
Green Sand

The process is kinda like an inefficient funnel of composting and amending.
Don't have an exact formulation (one reason wanna journal it), but could give an approximation of how much goes into a mix.

Now is becoming challenging, because a lot of ingredients are extremely difficult to find.

---Shit shed---
---Grand Stands---
---Shit machine---weed making machine---
---Composting unit---

I have land in four counties. Here is a pic of my largest property, which hopefully will be going into conservation soon.

Really like looking at nugs. They're kinda like looking at collectible coins that you can smoke.
Wow Farmer, you have an amazingly sweet spread. Thanks for sharing.

Muchas gracias Senor Reading!

Sorry about not responding. Last week went out to the farm to start clearing out grow locations and didn't accomplish anything other then a decent sunset with my camera phone.

Try to post replies today.

Super excited gave my buddy a generous amount of medicine, traded 50 bags of fortified horse manure for a solid light.

Going to set up now.

IMG_20220316_194937.jpg

IMG_20220322_131722.jpg

Yes, the real questions :hookah:
This mix is currently good for outdoor grows (it is still very raw).
The more mixing the better too. I am going to start transferring and filling holes with this soil.

I'll amend it with peat, pine bark mulch, composted manure, perlite, vermiculite, fertilizer, and worm castings.
Probably some other stuff. If I place soil in a hole now am going to have two months for it to settle.
Basically the soil will be absolutely perfect when the girls are relocated to their permanent homes.

I am going to continue to amend the soil while mixing ingredients into the soil.

So does this eliminate the need for anything else during the grow? Cal-mag?
I use to be in the camp of super soil must be super soil where you just add water.
Now I am in the camp that super soil is suppose to be great soil. Soil is the foundation of any plant (unless you use other mediums).

When running Sohum and my soil last season only watered until I e-mailed a couple pics, of my girl in Sohum.
They actually recommended adding sugars and bud boosters to her. I had to chop her early, so was unable to fully implement their recommendations.

I would say turning once a month and limiting amendments and running the soil through a screen would be completely.

Mulch break down times is based upon size, moisture, and type of mulch.
The smaller, the more saturated, and I find cypress mulch breaks down the quickest and I find pine bark mulch breaks down the best.

Pine bark is probably the best of all, but can take years to completely break down. I need to figure out a way to soak ten bags at a time.

I love your weed machine! :rofl:
Technically it is one. Being in Meigs Co, Ohio there are a lot of folks using this machine.
Loudest damn horse too.
Muchas gracias Senor Reading!
Many thanks Jon I am very, very, blessed indeed. Hopefully getting enough wisdom to really appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll have some cool post with this grow.

This mix is currently good for outdoor grows (it is still very raw).
The more mixing the better too. I am going to start transferring and filling holes with this soil.

I'll amend it with peat, pine bark mulch, composted manure, perlite, vermiculite, fertilizer, and worm castings.
Probably some other stuff. If I place soil in a hole now am going to have two months for it to settle.
Basically the soil will be absolutely perfect when the girls are relocated to their permanent homes.

I am going to continue to amend the soil while mixing ingredients into the soil.

I use to be in the camp of super soil must be super soil where you just add water.
Now I am in the camp that super soil is suppose to be great soil. Soil is the foundation of any plant (unless you use other mediums).

When running Sohum and my soil last season only watered until I e-mailed a couple pics, of my girl in Sohum.
They actually recommended adding sugars and bud boosters to her. I had to chop her early, so was unable to fully implement their recommendations.

I would say turning once a month and limiting amendments and running the soil through a screen would be completely.

Mulch break down times is based upon size, moisture, and type of mulch.
The smaller, the more saturated, and I find cypress mulch breaks down the quickest and I find pine bark mulch breaks down the best.

Pine bark is probably the best of all, but can take years to completely break down. I need to figure out a way to soak ten bags at a time.

Technically it is one. Being in Meigs Co, Ohio there are a lot of folks using this machine.
Loudest damn horse too.

Many thanks Jon I am very, very, blessed indeed. Hopefully getting enough wisdom to really appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll have some cool post with this grow.
I didn't know you ran Sohum last time. If you have this amazing soil, why use the Sohum? I use it, and really like it, but what you have going on has to beat the Sohum, no?

Awesome farmer... First few pics I searched for the plant and couldn't see it....good job... I'm fairly caught up went through and tried not to wreak havock on your inbox lol but I'm in for the ride looks cool.

Haha love the weed machine.

I didn't know you ran Sohum last time. If you have this amazing soil, why use the Sohum? I use it, and really like it, but what you have going on has to beat the Sohum, no?
Well, ran Sohum on one outdoor plant last season; I use Sohum to benchmark against.
Ran Sohum on my indoor plants and the bud was pretty solid. Ran Sohum with autos with limited success, but that is due to cultivator inexperience with autos.

This is my Sohum girl she was the smallest plant and the next to last plant to be relocated to her permanent home on June 15th.
Topped her and removed any fan leaves obstructed her colas from there I just trained her to grow low.
She was my second best yielding girl and her harvest date was pushed up two weeks due to really, really, shitty weather.
Considering my largest yielding girl was vegged six months I would say Sohum beat me out last season. Hopefully with another year of knowledge building and formulation I'll have Sohum beat.

Would like to continue to benchmark with Sohum, since I and going to exclusively use my soil inside for phenos.

Currently I am out of Sohum and would have to drive to Indiana or maybe Cincinnati to avoid horrible shipping cost(s).
Maybe I should see what goes into becoming a Sohum distributor, lol.

Awesome farmer... First few pics I searched for the plant and couldn't see it....good job... I'm fairly caught up went through and tried not to wreak havock on your inbox lol but I'm in for the ride looks cool.

Haha love the weed machine.
Thanks a lot for tagging along @HappyHazmat88.

I'll try to post updates, at least, weekly.

Already have four clones to select from for outdoor and plan to pop some beans soon.

Weed plants in the wild are kinda like big bucks (white tail), both folks can walk right by and never know.

Equestrian aspects puts a differently unique perspective on the origins of weed.

Post whatever or whenever you want.

Additional turning of the soil pile. Need to start moving some soil over to my outside grow region.

Amendment(s): asylum compost-three bags (used it to make a trench around parts of the pile), cypress mulch---two bags, composted horse manure---one bag, rice meal---two quarts, soybean meal---one gallon, molasses---three quarts, gypsum---one quart, and dolomite lime---one gallon.

The application of about 3 pounds of gypsum per 100 lbs. and 3 pounds of dolomite lime per 100 lbs. eliminates calcium and magnesium deficiencies. Composting/amending with gypsum and dolomite lime early in the process seems to be very advantageous.

I think this is kinda cool. The compacted soil is kinda like veins of coal.
Once harvested it brakes open all fluffy kinda like wet coco coir.

Vegging clones from last season's crop. Planning on using a couple of these for outdoor grow this season.

Clones in flower with around a month to go or a little less.

Ms. Floppy

Ms. Starkiller

A few pics. of Troppi

Well, ran Sohum on one outdoor plant last season; I use Sohum to benchmark against.
Ran Sohum on my indoor plants and the bud was pretty solid. Ran Sohum with autos with limited success, but that is due to cultivator inexperience with autos.

This is my Sohum girl she was the smallest plant and the next to last plant to be relocated to her permanent home on June 15th.
Topped her and removed any fan leaves obstructed her colas from there I just trained her to grow low.
She was my second best yielding girl and her harvest date was pushed up two weeks due to really, really, shitty weather.
Considering my largest yielding girl was vegged six months I would say Sohum beat me out last season. Hopefully with another year of knowledge building and formulation I'll have Sohum beat.

Would like to continue to benchmark with Sohum, since I and going to exclusively use my soil inside for phenos.

Currently I am out of Sohum and would have to drive to Indiana or maybe Cincinnati to avoid horrible shipping cost(s).
Maybe I should see what goes into becoming a Sohum distributor, lol.
Thanks FR! So you ran straight Sohum for six months on a plant and didn't ever have to add any other microbe based additive the whole time? That's amazing. I love the stuff. Autos seem to do just fine in it from what I can tell. And my gorgeous Slurricane was my first Sohum photo try and everyone thinks that was the best of the 20 plants (not so sure I agree, lol....). So you won't have to sell me at least, but can you please include some cool Sohum stickers when you ship? I need one for a curing jar. Lmao!

Thanks FR! So you ran straight Sohum for six months on a plant and didn't ever have to add any other microbe based additive the whole time? That's amazing. I love the stuff. Autos seem to do just fine in it from what I can tell. And my gorgeous Slurricane was my first Sohum photo try and everyone thinks that was the best of the 20 plants (not so sure I agree, lol....). So you won't have to sell me at least, but can you please include some cool Sohum stickers when you ship? I need one for a curing jar. Lmao!
The bastards never sent me any stickers. A few of the bags were cool. One for weed and one for "regular gardening."
The closest distributor of Sohum is out of Cincinnati---the other side of the state---they have never, ever answered any of my three e-mail(s).

Wonder if Sohum would let me be their regional distributor?

Here are some picks of one of my three girls 64 hours darkness. Note: the other two are clipped.

Let's see how she come back from her mini coma. She seems to have quite a lot of life left in her.

Wonder if I should harvest some of her tops or roll the dice. I am thinking to roll the dice betting that she'll put on more trichs. after another drought (ok I am rambling like a hillbilly). @Jon, @tokinroll, @marcus611a.

The bastards never sent me any stickers. A few of the bags were cool. One for weed and one for "regular gardening."
The closest distributor of Sohum is out of Cincinnati---the other side of the state---they have never, ever answered any of my three e-mail(s).

Wonder if Sohum would let me be their regional distributor?

Here are some picks of one of my three girls 64 hours darkness. Note: the other two are clipped.

Let's see how she come back from her mini coma. She seems to have quite a lot of life left in her.

Wonder if I should harvest some of her tops or roll the dice. I am thinking to roll the dice betting that she'll put on more trichs. after another drought (ok I am rambling like a hillbilly). @Jon, @tokinroll, @marcus611a.

Thanks for the tag, @Farmer Reading,...wow. Very interesting situation and call. Seems you have newly emerging white pistils, which would certainly indicate they may indeed have some more oomph! in them. That said, the sugar leaves are done and you won't generate any new ones, so one wonders how much power it can really put to extra trichome production. Hmmm....thanks for sharing. I honestly don't have a clue what I would do in your situation, but it's fun to watch you figure it out. Lol. I kind of like the idea of harvesting at least a top or two now, so that you can compare when it's all said and done to the others and test that way as well?

Back
Top Bottom