Grow Journal CNX2023:00 - Update In General On The Entire 2023 Grow

Ravenplume

Alright, this can be considered my general journal that covers my entire 2023 grow (individual journals will get updates soon). This is going to be a short one, since we are getting near the end of the season (then I will open a general journal for post season projects).

So anyway, as far as I can tell, all four primary subjects out in the cage: Bitter Sweet Pie, Feyleaf Generation:00, Birthday Cake Lite, and a guttersnipe that I do not exactly know what she is, other than either a Feyleaf or Birthday Cake Lite; since she was transplanted from where she grew up at the end of the front porch, in an area where I only processed FL and BCL, so had to be from a seed from either of those.

CNX2022-0-00.jpg

CNX2022-0-01.jpg

I'm not planning on taking any cuttings off her or try to get her pollinated, and am just going to let her flower and bud as normal. If she self pollinates, then I guess I can name and claim, since that would be like breeding two siblings together. Right? :)

Next are the 2 Bubblegums...

CNX2022-0-02.jpg

They both appear to be girls as well, which is no actual surprise to me. I figured that with the very small number of seeds (I think I am up to 11 total now with the one I recently found in the tin of Bubblegum trim) and the high morality rate are a good indicator that the mother plant from last year self pollinated, the ultimate GFYS, so would be feminized. I am going to try to keep them going through the rest of the year, instead of letting them flower and bud out, though it is tempting to let the biggest one bud. Still, going to attempt to get cuttings from both regardless.

Then there are the Birthday Cake Lites. Looks like I have three girls, 1 in the cage, one struggling in a Planters canister, and one in a small plastic trash can planter.

The one in the Planters canister was looking rather sickly and limp when I brought her in, but an hour and a half later, she "reinflated."
CNX2022-0-03.jpg

CNX2022-0-04.jpg

CNX2022-0-05.jpg

The other is looking small but healthy, and will be getting a cutting or two taken before she is turned over to her oldest brother (the one that flowered early inside this past winter, then revegged a month or so ago on the porch and has flowered again.
CNX2022-0-06.jpg

Quite a few of his pollen sacs have opened up already, so I am guessing this is a good time to gather them all? The other three BCLs I had out back in planters of varying sizes also flowered and are boys. Thinking I may harvest their pollen right away as well, just snipping the flowers into a baggie with a dessicant packet, or do they need to mature "on the vine"?

CNX2022-0-07.jpg

CNX2022-0-08.jpg

The other Bitter Sweet Pie flowered as well, and as expected, is a girl. I am now keeping her under 24/7 light to reveg in case the cuttings I take from her big sister out in the cage tomorrow don't make it (still have had zero luck with cuttings...at least ones I have taken myself)

And finally, I have only 2 surviving Feyleafs: the girl out in the cage, which will have cuttings taken, and one that has been struggling along in a styro cup. It almost fizzled out on me, but I decided it was a good subject for an exercise in necroplantsy, and sure enough, it recovered, though it is still pretty anemic. It also flowered, and is a boy. So that means, if the pollen is viable, I can breed him with his sister out in the cage, and generate a new generation of Feyleaf seeds. I am considering them G:00; and any offspring will be declared G:01. Perhaps next year, I can then try to make feminized Feyleaf. Or perhaps that will be part of the post season project when cuttings begin to grow and mature. Who knows?
CNX2022-0-10.jpg

I will give more in depth updates in the individual journals soon.

Close to finishing and closing this journal. Just have to get the Bitter Sweet Pie processed (after today's weekly shopping), then I can post a final summary. Up to 15.3 ounces of whole bud and 33.5 ounces of Pixie Dust, which is likely going to be as potent as the whole bud. Hopefully, the BSP will put me over the 20 ounce mark.

Alright. Here is the final update on CNX2023:0. And after this, I reckon this can be moved over to Completed Journals at the PTB's leisure.

So, all in all it was quite a successful season with the 4 main plants out in the cage producing a combined 34 ounces of bud not counting the samplings I took during processing, and 63.8 ounces of usable trim, which I call Pixie Dust. I suspect that the dust is going to be nearly as potent as the bud, considering a lot of it was generated from that bowl trimmer I bought not too long ago, and the trimmer made far more dust than I would have assigned to the trim bin had I processed by hand. So that would be:

Left to right, front to back as per what was in the cage.

Bitter Sweet Pie - Bud: 18.9 ounces / Dust: 28.5 ounces
Guttersnipe 07/Mutt 03 - Bud: 1.6 ounces / Dust: 4 ounces
Feyleaf Generation:00 - Bud: 5.5 ounces / Dust: 19.0 ounces
Birthday Cake Lite - Plant:0 - Bud: 8.0 ounces / Dust: 12.3 ounces

Here is all of the goods gathered together, including the Bubblegums and the other BC Lite.
CN-2023-Final-Haul-0.jpg
CN-2023-Final-Haul-1.jpg

All 4 also got pollinated by the same Birthday Cake Lite boy that also pollinated the pair of bucketed Bubblegum girls on the back deck, so this grow also produced 2 new Lites, 1 new Wildling (what I call the product of 2 Lites or a Lite and an unknown Mutt), and one fresh pure breed.

Bitter Sweet Pie made Bitter Sweet Pie Lite seeds.
Guttersnipe:07 made Wildling:01 / 2023 seeds
Feyleaf G:00 made Feyleaf Lite
And the Birthday Cake Lite is the one that made the new pure, which I am designating as Birthday Spanking Generation:00, but am refraining from claiming until next season when I get smokable bud off one of the plants currently going (or mid season if I can manage a full indoor bucket grow this Winter).

I already have samples started and growing of all of them already, plus Bubblegum Lite, and another couple Feyleaf G:00 babies; and I am expecting the Wildling:01 babies to ultimately give me my next pure, which will be called Muskflower.

The only real objectives that were not met were getting something to self pollinate with that magic silver potion, and getting a Feyleaf further noble bred (sounds much better than inbred) to Generation:01 Perhaps those will happen this Winter as well; and if not, then I will make more concerted efforts to achieve this next season.

Sadly, I am out of pure Bitter Sweet Pie seeds, so that line will be continued on with the Lites, some of which will get bred back into a pure (no idea on name yet though), and others will be the basis for yet more Wildlings. Eventually, I will see about acquiring more pures through purchase or trade, but for now, I have plenty to work with.

All in all, this was definitely my best grow ever, without even any tale of woe to go with it (like mostly males, huge break off of a major stalk, thieves, etc). Come January 1, I will pick out my primaries for CNX2024:0 and get the first journal for next year started. Leaning toward a Feyleaf G:00, a BSP Lite, a Birthday Spanking G:00, and likely my second to last last pure Bubblegum. I could possibly also sneak in in the two giant planters my neighbor left me with last year for a Wildling:01 and a Bubblegum Lite. I mean, 4 is the legal limit for growing here, but no one really takes note of such things. At any rate, the first female of each will be chosen to grow out, second female and at least first male of each will be breeding pairs; and I could conceivably have a second breeding pair of each as well, though those would be in each strain's individual journal and not part of CNX2024:0.

And that closes this journal. Now to go see about sexing my most mature Wildling:01. I think that it is far enough along to where it can be forced to flower and easily revegged pretty quickly. But that is another journal entry.

Back
Top Bottom