GJCN420M-2023:07 - Wildling-01:2023

Will be getting the first 4 victims planted and put in the dark until noon in about a half hour. Figure no need for an extended dark after all.

Starting now, 2 Wildling:01/2023, 1 Feyleaf Lite:2023, and One Birthday Spanking:2023.

33 days from now is the 7th of February. Going to do a 14/10 Dark/Light cycle, 22:00-12:00. I'm wondering if I should start a new journal for this little experiment.

S:01 keeled over and died on me. It did seem to be struggling.
Wildling-01-2023-14.jpg

So, S:02 gets "promoted" to 01. Got a replacement sprouted and ready to assume the dead one's Jiffy Pot to become S:02, plus one more ready for planting, which gets designated S:03.

Well, S:00 is already spreading his love.
Wildling-01-2023-15.jpg

The circled spot is where pollen had dropped onto one of his own leaves while I was moving him. Guess it is time to look at the Pollen Chuckers' thread again and see if I can get a good process for collecting the dust as well as the unpopped pollen sacs. Got a plastic pill bottle to gather it into, and plenty dry rice for desiccant, if needed. Meanwhile, I will continue trying to reveg him just in case my pollen grab fails for some reason. Also, come Friday is when I will start the next two flowering. That will be S:01 (formerly S:02) and Feyleaf Lite S:00.

Here's my boy now after his first round of pollen and pollen sacs was collected.
Wildling-01-2023-16.jpg

He seems to be recovering from the ordeal. I just hope I wasn't too late. This is what I managed to collect...
Wildling-01-2023-17.jpg

If I derped it, then I am certain that he will produce more before he finishes his reveg. On that note, I think I will bring him on down and get him some porch time while the weather is still nice. That did seem to help spur on his predecessor's reveg last Summer...

Meantime, Wildling-01:01 and Feyleaf Lite:00 completed their first 14 hours of darkness about an hour and a half ago. They will go back to bed at 10:00 tonight, like the 33 Day Challenge babies do.
Wildling-01-2023-18.jpg

Did you ever try that sexing in about 33ish days trick from the Rev by doing 12/12 for first 10 days? I never followed up on those guys but need to check in. For now I just use fem beans but will do some breeding later hopefully

I only just now noticed that it was only supposed to be 12/12 (or 14/10 in my case) for 10 days, then normal light cycle. Oops. Guess they all go back on wakey to bedtime lighting tomorrow; all the ones I am doing that way, that is.

Just something I noticed, try to keep any moisture away from your pollen. So the leaves in the bag will definitely ruin your pollen. Also the flowers themselves release moisture. I'm sure you removed them, just in case you didn't or someone reading this doesn't know.
Awesome stuff. I'm enjoying watching your journal

As soon as I remember where I put the pollen baggie, I'll drop a few grains of rice into it as desiccant and get rid of the leaves.

Well, Wildling-01:01, which got redesignated again, to :00 is getting redesignated again soon, most likely. I put it back on regular veg cycle lighting (Wake Up to Bedtime) after only 11 days, and it is looking like we may have another boy on our hands here. I will revisit this one in about another week and should hopefully confirm by then.

Wildling-01-2023-19.jpg

I do have another 4 siblings to this one still growing, though none are even close to developed is this one.
Wildling-01-2023-20.jpg

At least the 2 up front in the styro cups have gone through the 33 days experiment, and so hopefully when they finally get their first node or two, their sex will be evident already. Both of those now get coveted spots under the main lamp in my room (still need to get the blurple lights that are in the decommissioned grow room in the basement brought out and hung up upstairs).
Wildling-01-2023-21.jpg

S:03, the one in the Dollar Tree planter gets a spot in the window during the day and then under one of the lamps after the sun goes down.
Wildling-01-2023-22.jpg

And finally, S:02 in its Jiffy Pot gets to join its Bubblegum Lite cousins on my upstairs office.
Wildling-01-2023-23.jpg

That should be enough to work with still. At the very least, I will hold off until the start of the month before starting any additional replacements. Doubt I will need any though.

And three days since I last showed him, I am now 100% certain soon to be former S:00 is indeed a boy. I'm going to keep him, even though I already have a Wildling-01 boy. I figure I may end up with several girls, so why not have different breeding pairs? I have a planter picked out for him that he can go into, Jiffy Pot and all; and he will be getting plenty of porch time as the weather allows. He can also expect to have some companions of various types as well.
Wildling-01-2023-24.jpg

S:00 is now S:03 and the former S:03 is S:00 unless it end up being another boy.
Wildling-01-2023-27.jpg

S:03 is now in his permanent planter, Jiffy Pot and all.
Wildling-01-2023-29.jpg

So, if I collected his pollen sacs now in whole for later use, would the pollen be viable at this point? Right now, just a quick snip with some nail clippers into a little baggie would be enough to do the job. I think I would snip the little crown with all its sacs at least, and then carefully individually snip everything at the first node, trying to keep any leaf material out.
Wildling-01-2023-30.jpg

No idea why half came out clear and the other half blurry. I think I just suck beyond suck with photography.

2024-03-02 / 10:00

Wildling:01-S:00 that spent the past 10 days in flowering lighting is now off the flowering cycle and on to veg. Whether or not it remains S:00 depends on how the crown looks, probably in another week or two as it revegges.
Wildling-01-2023-31.jpg

2024-03-04 / 15:45

As predicted, The Wildling:00 that just came off flowering lighting died. I suspect the culprit was the potting type soil just wasn't right for it. Not right nutrients, too loose? Who knows? Going to try to use mostly yard dirt from now on, though some of this type of stuff CAN be mixed in, just not all of it. Not going to start a replacement just yet. In fact, not doing any starts until the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy seeds get here and started.

NHN-Journal-0003-Wildling-00-2019-14.jpg

Back
Top Bottom