Ravenplume Cannabis Grow Journal - 2024:0 - RPCNGJ-2024:0

Ravenplume

2024-02-26 / 08:30

Finally opening the journal for the main grow, which is "officially" only the 4 plants that will be going out in the cage, plus a pair in giant planters, and 3 in 5 gallon buckets. It was only going to be 2 5 gallon bucket grows; a Feyleaf Lite, and most likely a Wildling-00:2019 and Birthday Spanking (Pair:0 or 1, depends one which gives a girl first, as first gets dibs on the cage spot.) Effectively though, this particular journal will focus on just the growing of the mains, the S:00 plant for each type.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-00.jpg

The lineup I have for the cage come June (or late May) now will be one of Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy, as I got selected to participate in the comparative grow; so the PGC when I get it will get the primary spot, which is the front left corner. Behind it will be a Feyleaf Generation:00. Front right will be Bubblegum Lite, and behind that Birthday Spanking Generation:00 (from whichever pair is NOT getting the 5 gallon bucket.)

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-01.jpg

Then in the 2 giant planters that my neighbor left behind (these are what a couple of the 2022 Birthday Cakes he gave me before he moved were in), there will be a Bitter Sweet Pie Lite and a Wildling-01:2023. The BSP Lite would normally take the front left spot in the cage like its Bitter Sweet Pie mother last year, but the Purple Ghost Candy from Seedsman has bumped it out to a planter.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-02.jpg

So to kick things off, Feyleaf Lite is the first subject of the grow, having been the first girl of any of them to show. For now, she just holds steady under normal house lighting as we wait out the rest of the Winter. She is also still revegging. A better spot will be set up for her soon though, still need to retrieve the blurple lights from the old grow room in the basement and get them hung up in a more useful spot. And of course, on good days, she will get to go out on the front porch for some nice natural sunlight.

In my derpiness, I failed to take note of when her seed got started, when it sprouted, and when it got potted. Oops. I will try to make an effort to pay better attention to those details next time. From memory though...

Started: Sometime November 2023
Sprouted: Sometime November 2023
Jiffy Pot Planted: Sometime December 2023
Potted: 2024-02-23 / 14:00

Name: Feyleaf Lite:2023 - S:00/2024 (Naming her for 2024 as she is for the 2024 grow despite being sprouted right at the tail end of 2023)
Subclass: Sativa Dominant
Mother Plant: Feyleaf-G:00/2022
Mother Plant SC: Sativa Dominant
Father Plant: Birthday Cake Lite:2022
Father Plant SC: Hybrid : Indica/Sativa Balanced

TtS (Time to Sprout): Unknown

Current Status: In Early Flower and Revegging

Now hopefully, I will get my S:00 subjects for the others soon.

And while I am thinking about it, I just might need to see what happens if I sprinkle a bit of Bitter Sweet Pie Lite pollen on S:00's crown as she does the reveg. Would it make a seed or two, and then would she be back to perfectly normal when she flowers again later in the year? I figure that flower that is her crown isn't going to go away just after her reveg, so why not experiment with it, eh? Or would that pretty much ruin her?
Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-03.jpg

prety confident it’s not a reveg Raven,

The early sexing (sexing in 33ish days deal) depends upon 12/12 schedule for first 10 days of popping a bean, then we pull back to normal 18/6 veg light schedule. All that does is ramp up hormones to force show of gender. Typically the plant is not in flower yet so there’s no reveg to be had.

Now if you stay on a flower light schedule for all 33 days that’s different story. Could be wrong here but think what you’ve got is a young chick showing her pubes… a display that she’s single & ready to mingle.

A reveg will first stall the plant out, then after much time elapses it will pop single bladed fan leafs on top, often they are non serrated. After more time passes it will pop 3 bladed fans, still more time is needed to get to 5 bladed fans, after that it will resume growing normally.

either way let’s get this 2024 garden started!

I didn't do the 33 day thingie with this one. This one spent 10 days or so under 14 hours dark and 10 light to cause flowering. Since then, I have been keeping her on what I call my wake up to bedtime lighting, which is definitely more than 12 hours light. I figure the reveg process is pretty slow, as one I had last year proved to be. I just figure on veg lighting, the reveg process has already started, just no indicators of it yet.

No pics yet, though there will be when I do my first weekly update for all journals Saturday, but I am pleased to announce that Feyleaf Lite S:00 (which is going to get redesignated S:02 soon) is in fact knocked up with what will be declared Wildling-02:2024 seeds. And chances are, before June rolls around, I will have a Wildling-02 journal up and running. Still hoping she manages to reveg and then grow up normal, though will likely pollinate her again, but with a brother flower to make a new pure and a name and claim, which will Faeriecake (what with the Lite being a Feyleaf and a Birthday Cake Lite.)

2024-04-11 / 16:20

Here's what we have so far as our confirmed primary subjects for the main grow...

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-04.jpg

Sadly, we only have two confirmed S:00 subjects thus far, and one of those is about to be demoted. Fortunately, still 2 months until big planting, so should get the others identified soon.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-05.jpg

First is the one I have nicknamed Blinky, also known as Subject:00 of the Seedsman Purple Ghost Candy Comparative Grow project. She was put into this 1 gallon planter, Jiffy Pot and all, back on 04-02, and will remain planted thus until it is time for her to assume her position in the most prime spot on the cannabis cage withe r 1st of June or last week of May. Her spot will be the southwest corner of the cage, which seems to be the best spot (Bitter Sweet Pie, my biggest plant last year had the spot then.)

The other S:00 is a Feyleaf Lite, which is one of at least 3 relegated to just a 5 gallon bucket.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-06.jpg

I am very likely going to demote her to S:05 though, as a secondary breeding girl. Previously, I decided to see if I could pollinate her with saved pollen from Wildling-01:2023 - S:01's pollen while getting her through reveg, and, well...she is knocked up now with what should hopefully be demmed Wildling-02:2024, and hopefully in time for the new Wildlings to even get to be a part of this year's grow. The reason for S:05 is due to some standards I am establishing for many of my projects. For most, S:00 is the primary which will mostly hopefully be able to grow up normally to a nice harvest. S:01 is the first male and the pollen provider for the first breeding pair with S:02 being the second girl, and the one to get pollinated by her S:01 brother. S:03 is reserved for a second male, and S:04 is simply his breeding partner. After that, whatever keeper I get gets to be S:05, and in this case, she is a side breeding subject making a new Wildling. I'll make that "official" when I finally do a Feyleaf / Feyleaf Lite journal update. Until I get a seed to actually sprout and get its crown and first layer of fan leaves (what I call Level:0), I am just going to declare these Feyleaf Ultralite. Once I have one to L:0, then I will give it its Wildling sequence number, and will also give her some good tender care once the weather is good enough outside to help her along in revegging and then when she flowers again, pollinate her some more with her Wildling mate for more seeds.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-07.jpg

So, with her demoted to S:05, I have some potential candidates to become the new S:00 primary. And I am hoping it ends up being this one, which came off of flowering lighting a short while back and should be showing its sex any time now.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-08.jpg

Next up is what I feel will be the most likely S:0 candidate for Feyleaf Generation:00. I already have an S:01 standing by to breed an S:02 sister and make Feyleaf Generation:01. Anyway, I am hoping this one gets to be my S:00.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-09.jpg

I honestly can't recall whether or not this one has had its 14/10 period. I think I am seeing some preflowers at the nodes, but can't be 100% positive yet. I will address that further when the next Feyleaf journal update happens.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-10.jpg

Birthday Spanking Pair:0's candidate for S:0 will be getting a 5 gallon bucket to grow in, as the Birthday Spanking Spot out in the cage is reserved for Pair:1's S:0.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-11.jpg

No idea yet what either are, but I do believe I spotted preflowers on both. Like with Feyleaf, these will be addressed further in the appropriate journal.

Next on the list are the Bitter Sweet Pie Lites. I currently have at least two potential candidates for S:00, though thanks to Purple Ghost Candy, BSP Lite's primary will be getting one of the Bigass Planters instead of going in the cage. I am predicting the one already marked S:00 will remain S:00.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-12.jpg

The Bubblegum Lite candidates are also in about the same state as the BSP Lites, no definitive S:00 yet, though I do have two potential ones under consideration.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-13.jpg

For a brief while, I thought I might need to get another seed or two started, since it looked like the current S:00 was on its way out. But an hour after a proper watering, it sprang back to life, or as I like to say, reinflated and is in the running to remain S:00...

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-14.jpg

And all that leaves now are the S:00 candidates for my two extant Wildlings: W:00/2019 and W:01 2023.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-15.jpg

I currently have only this one W:00, so it is naturally the one and only S:00 candidate at this time. However, Starting from 4/15 and going through 4/19, I will be starting one per day for my annual 4/20 420 Challenge, and those can be part of the Wildling:00 grow as well.

And this is my best W:01 candidate, though I think I still have a couple other possibilities. This one is the best looking of them.

Grow Journal - RPGJCN-2024-0-16.jpg

I think I am going to go ahead and put all candidates, whether they show preflowers or not; back on the 14/10 flowering lighting cycle until 4/20 starting 22:00 tonight just for good measure. Shouldn't harm them. Right?

Back
Top Bottom