GJCN420M-2023:07 - Wildling-01:2023

Ravenplume

This past Summer, I had a cannabis plant growing wild at the west end of my porch. I figured it to be either Birthday Cake Lite or Feyleaf most likely, due to those being the heavily seeded plants I processed on that side last year; but it also could have been most anything else like a couple years dormant Wildling-00:2019 that may have been dropped a couple seasons ago, or really anything else. Because of that, I am declaring it unknown enough to be what I call a guttersnipe, or mutt. It was transplanted to the cage out back and was able to grow up quite nicely with the other three plants out there, and my project name for her was simply Guttersnipe-02:2023. I retroactively used Guttersnipe:00 for the small handful of pre turn of the century seeds I got from my little brother back in 2015 and Guttersnipe:01-2018 for the random seeds I got from my neighbor that year.

She ended up producing about 2 ounces of bud and an additional 4 ounces of trim, or what I call Pixie Dust. And even better, she got pollinated, pollinated by the same backyard Birthday Cake Lite boy that nailed the other three plants in the cage as well as the two Bubblegums. I am declaring the seeds from this one to be my next Wildling, which is designated Wildling-01:2023. And when I get a breeding pair, their offspring will get a whole new name and claim.

I've started 3 seeds so far, and as of right now, 2 of them have actually sprouted already, and one of those should likely be ready to go in a Jiffy Pot in another day or two.

CN-RPHWG-2023-03-00.jpg

So that's all I have for now. There are plenty more updates I need to do for the individual grow journals encapsulated in the over all main grow, and the main grow itself, and will be done as the various strains get processed. Still working on the trimming and curing, and hopefully should have the next one done within 2 or 3 days tops. That will be the Feyleaf. After that it should be the Bitter Sweet Pie and finishing with Birthday Cake Lite. Good thing we have nice Fall like weather ahead of us for a while. Makes for nice pleasant porch sits as I process the bud and collect seeds.

As of this morning, 2023-11-15, all three Wildling-01:2023 seeds have sprouted, S:00 and S:01 at the least are slated for planting in Jiffy Pots some time today, and possibly S:02 as well. No need for a picture though. You all know what sprouted pot seeds look like. :)

All three are now planted. S:00 and s:01 used my last 2 Jiffy Pots, and S:02 is in a Not-a-Stax canister; and all three are basking under the sun lamp on my night stand now.

CN-RPHWG-2023-03-01.jpg

The one in the canister is now designated S:00 and the one up front is S:01. It's struggling a bit, even having to lean up against its marking stick for support, but I to feel it will recover. The one behind it dies completely, but I have a replacement started (just hasn't sprouted yet.)

And the replacement S:02 sprouted just a few hours ago. I'll give it a few days to grow out a bit, then stick it in its designated Jiffy Pot. The unsprouted one will be left alone to hopefully go ahead and still sprout. I don't mind an S:03. Got plenty workspace at this point.

Alright, so here is how this project is progressing thus far...
Wildling-01-2023-00.jpg

Thus far, there are three active subjects: S:00, 01, and 02. And as you can see, S:00 looks like it may be ready for sexing and reveg already. So to review the process again before I start. How long should I keep it in the dark to make it flower, and how long should it be before any sex attributes manifest again? Really wanting to avoid a repeat the disaster that was my last attempt at early sexing (all of the 420 Challenge subjects this were were victims of that oops.)

Wildling-01-2023-01.jpg

Only objective right now is to get it flowered, sexed, and revegged. And if it is female, she will be tagged as a CNX2024:0 subject, which I think I will refer to as Ravenplume Princesses, spend the Winter and Spring in her canister as shown indoors, though will get regular porch time come Spring and then come Summer get upgraded into one of the hugeass planters. If male, it will stay in the canister as well, then when I have a second female, the two will grow up together in a 5 gallon bucket as a breeding pair.
Wildling-01-2023-02.jpg

So what do you all think? Is S:00 ready for sexing, or should I wait longer?

Pretty sure it has a couple sets of nodes already, so SHOULD be able to do the quick flower observe and reveg technique on this. Just awaiting some confirmation before starting, since I still don't want to risk ruining this lovely.

About a week or two ago (can't recall exactly), I started S:00 on the process of flowering/sexing/revegging, mostly maintaining a 14/10 Dark/Light ratio, though I did have a few late cover ups, but hopefully that didn't disrupt things yet.

Now, at the beginning of 2024, I think there may already be some results showing, specifically at the second node down (circled in red)
Wildling-01-2023-04.jpg

Those looks like some sort of preflower to me. Am I correct, or am I misinterpreting again?

If need be, I can attempt to get an even closer zoom in should this be insufficient to tell.

Fabulous. I'll give her perhaps another week or so of 14/10 for further observation, then get her revegging for June planting, or sooner since it looks like my hardiness zone has switched from 5/5b to 6 or 6b...

That will be the primary for this project, and will either be one of the 4 that goes in the cage, or go in one of the hugeass planters my neighbor left behind when he moved out back in 2022.

Still need a second girl and a boy for this project, which will share a 5 gallon bucket and be a breeding pair for yet another name and claim.
Wildling-01-2023-05.jpg

Wildling-01-2023-06.jpg

Looks like I need to give her siblings a bit more attention now so they can go through this soon too. Obviously, after I give it a crutch to help it straighten up and fly right, S:02 will be next to undergo this. Guess I should get a few spares going soon, just in case of any oopses.

No matter what, of course, 02 will be going into a 5 gallon bucket as part of my breeding pair.

Need to get other projects matured enough to flower and reveg soon too.

And not long after my last update, she and a sibling had a very close encounter with the Fuck Up Fairy(tm). Was trying to carefully shuffle the nightstand a bit closer to the wall, when both 00, and 02 took a tumble. 00 didn't get uprooted at least, but did take a bit of a beating. I think she is recovering nicely.
Wildling-01-2023-07.jpg

02 there took it a little harder, with most of its Jiffypot spilled onto the carpet. Fortunately, its root was still fully encapsulated in dirt, and was able to get it replanted and then supported with a shskabob skewer. It does appear to be on the mend, and once another node or two grows out, 02 will be the next to get flowered and revegged. Should have at least one other, with the most likely candidate being the Feyleaf Light sharing the nightstand.
Wildling-01-2023-08.jpg

I do think I can safely fit 2 plants under one, what I am calling, flowering box. Come to think of it, since these two are in Jiffy Pots, with the Not-a-Pringles canisters only serving as drip catchers, it should be pretty easy.

Here's a couple more shots of S:02 just taken a few minutes ago.

Doubt is creeping in as to whether or not this is a girl after all. Guess I give another week or two before starting the reveg. If it is a boy, then I do have a 5 gallon bucket ready to receive him...

Wildling-01-2023-09.jpg

Wildling-01-2023-10.jpg

And if indeed this one is a girl, then she stays in the canister until planting time.

Yeah. It's the same one. No biggie though, since I do need a boy for the breeding pair. I'm also starting to suspect that rapidly growing plants like this one is compared to his siblings may be another sign of maleness.

Guess I can get him revegging and work on getting the next pair ready for sexing, which looks like the next candidates for that, once they each get a couple more nodes, will be S:02 and Feyleaf Lite S:00.
Wildling-01-2023-11.jpg

Meanwhile, S:00 gets to spend the afternoon in one of the most coveted spots in the house.
Wildling-01-2023-12.jpg

And I am thinking I may hold off on the 5 gallon bucket until I have a sister ready for him to share it with, second sister, of course, since first girl gets to be the big bud producer.

Also have another 4 seeds that recently sprouted, and are ready for planting any day, though may let their tails get a little longer first. No rush.

That sounds like what I tried last year, the 33 days trick, which resulted in early termination of my 4/20 Challenge project because all subjects bit the dust. I can give it another shot with some of the replacements that will be ready for planting soon though, just not all at once. Going to have to find that thread again soon and revisit.

Will likely make it 14/10 like I was doing with S:00 here, wakey at noon, back to bed at 10:00. That did get S:00 to flower. In fact, I think I started it with an extended darkness, a full 24 hours starting 10:00 at night, and then on to 14/10, 38 total before they see light.

Back
Top Bottom