The Fat Ladies In The Cathouse

Morning Farmer! I love your pics, do you have a freaking racetrack on your property?

I'm in the burbs of Cincy, lots of my friends went to OU back in the day and I loved going up there. You're carrying on a fine tradition! Some of the best weed I've ever smoked was grown in Meigs County 40+ years ago. In fact the single best weed I ever bought was from there and simply called Sinsemillia, which I'm pretty sure means something like 'without seeds'. I'm guessing it was 79 or 80. It was the first weed I ever bought without seeds. We couldn't understand how that was even possible lol! It was also the first time I ever paid $100 for an ounce. That's probably comparable to prices now when adjusted for inflation. It was worth every penny. First of all it didn't have any seeds! I never weighed them but they had to account for a few grams of weight.

Seeds have gone the way of pay phones. It used to be a ritual. The first thing you did when you got weed was take a double album, I always used the Beatles White Album lol. You'd open it up, put the weed on the sides, and sift it back and forth so the seeds collected in the middle at the fold. It was rarely buds, just dry flower and leaf parts and lots and lots of seeds.

I realize now it probably could/should have dried a little longer, it was incredibly sticky. It was so much better than anything I'd had before, we were bummed when we could never get it again that's for sure.

You could try calling Dayton Hydroponics, which is actually in West Chester lol. I think they closed their original Dayton store. They don't have Sohum but they have other living soils and may be willing to ship. Great guys.

For those unfamiliar with Ohio, which is probably almost everyone, it's mostly flat and blah. However Meigs County and that SE part of the state is totally different, very hilly and beautiful. One day my browser, which randomly posts beautiful nature pics from around the world, featured a waterfall in Meigs County.

Do you have any Amish around you?

Have a great day and keep those awesome pics going!
It is the Meig's County Fair racetrack, which is two miles from my composting facility.
There are three fairgrounds that I collect my horse manure from Meigs, Athens, and Fayette.

Athens County Fair---

Main Horse Barn

(built like a brick shit house)

Waay over to the left of this picture is the Athen's County Fair grandstands.
The back bleachers are pretty visible.

Graduated from Ohio University in 2000 and my spouse person graduated in 2001.
We lived in Cincinnati for about five years it seems like a life time ago.

Was about fifteen when I first smoked weed with some of my dad's hired hands while gathering piglets that were farrowed outside, always a blast to be chased down by a protective sow. I was pretty high, but it was just say not the best weed. I bought a bag that seemed like Poseidon's Cup o'weed for $10 and ended up giving most of it to a couple friends. It was kinda funny, because the whole experience made me feel like a huge criminal (Ironically: I was already involved with some actual legit criminal activities).

I graduated from HS in 93 before taking a three year paid vacation in the Army. Reagan's War on drugs really did an exceptional job of indoctrinating me on how any drug would ruin my life. When the national indoctrination began an eight year old could buy any and all forms of tobacco and pretty sure alcohol if they had a parents note at some places.
Thank God alcohol or tobacco never harmed anyone.

Back in 98 I rushed Theta Chi (AT) here at Ohio. The house and the chapter will be on campus for a 100 years in 2025.
There were ten active brothers when I rushed and thirteen after my pledge class. The frat was like Animal House in many ways. Five of the original ten brothers were from Meigs and all of them were related to folks that grew weed.
Anyway one of my brother's uncles remembered Sinsemillia weed it was kinda like a game changer. Perhaps that is when folks really started to get their panties in a bunch if folks left outside males unchecked. A $100 ounce back then would probably be about $275.00 to $300.00 now. Up in Columbus I have buddies pay that, usually moderate smokers. Not many heavy smokers can afford that if they concern themselves with things like rent and bills.

I just heard the very last pay phone was taken out of NYC. How the flow of time buries the past.
Thank goodness the quality of weed has dramatically improved. But what a lot of good folks would give to go back to the days of stems, seeds, album covers, and infinite time.

One of my friends whose moral character leaves a lot to be desired use to sell the hell out of the sticky weed.
He'd always try to sell it as wet as possible to get an extra gram or two out of an ounce.

Thanks, may not have time this season, but will give the guys in Dayton a call when I need some living soil.

Chesterhill has an established community of Amish folks in Morgan County just S/W of Athens County.
One of my friends, a convert, just had his 70th birthday. This fellow is in better shape than most English 50 year old's and can work circles around most English 25 year old's.

My spouse person is obsessed with waterfalls, so we will be on the lookout in Meigs.

Howdy Neighbor @Farmer Reading ,

Throwing good vibes your way from the southwest of the state to your right (not WV). :rofl: You are going to knock this one out of the park also.

I was thinking about giving Sohum a try and maybe will fill the tent with color this time. I need to think about it, because DWC can be a real pain keeping the solution cool for the summer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing the response of DWC, it's just a pain in the butt during summer.

Since, I was lucky enough to win a ( Medic Grow Fold 8 ) the LED of my dreams too fill my 4x4 tent. I want to do something special to highlight this product in a very positive way. I will be trying to grow a breast, the only thing is the height of my tent is 80" inches, so I need to figure out the best use of my space. That's way I normally grow DWC, so I can control the height.

Aside from my rambling, I will be following along and enjoying your outdoors grow, because I can't and have to many problems trying to do a gorilla grow again. It can get pretty physical hauling water every day to a grow location.

Best of luck to you this grow, but I don't think you need it.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..
Always solid to have vibes from such a nice place in the country.

Kinda stumbled upon Sohum after acquiring shares of American Cannabis Company (AMMJ).
(Note: my ownership is about $57)
Wanted to see if Sohum was an actual product of quality.

Despite trading at around nothing per share---I often question why Sohum doesn't look into 420 Sponsorship.
They also list non distributors on their web-site.

Indoors it worked really good, but outdoors it worked amazingly well.

Indoors the plants were healthy and the bud was of top notch quality. They were average performers, though I just gave them water and a very occasional ultra diluted feeding and very minimal training. Overall, I treated the Sohum plants like well liked foster children.

I had a girl that was planted last around June 20th, was the smallest plant transplanted from a cup with no stressing or training---training after soil establishment, and with about 50 percent of the soil volume she was my second best performer. The only thing she got was water from the skies and the occasional watering from me and a helper. The plants in my soil blends were treated accordingly.

The nice thing about Sohum and other "just add water" blends is that you can simply and literally just add H2O and let the plant grow. Most my amendments and nutrients are natural, so it may make sense to run with a fraction of the nutrients to maximize performance.

Running Indica dominant Hybrids shouldn't be a problem with an 80 inch tent.
My biggest concern for you is the transition from DWC and expectations of a soil grow.
It will probably be like watching paint dry.

Wow with that Medic Grow Fold 8 and your mad skills that would provide an epic stage for Sohum.

Speaking of luck!!!

This is a recycled hole from last season.

One Month Ago---

One Week Ago---

This Week---

Not planting this week was probably for the best :bong:

Thanks!!! And yeah, I've heard about these photo/GPS hybrids that grow a chip in the roots. Supposed to change the taste a little I heard. Right now they're working on crossing autos with Bluetooth, to try and make autos that'll play music for themselves.

:rofl:
How about you ask a seed bank or better yet a breeder about auto's that automatically play music?

This is why I flip some of my outdoor girls several times:

Typically the girls are bushier and very stress resistant.

It's like monsoon season around here Farmer. Love the deer pics, is the county fair still a big deal out there?
The rains have been pretty insane. COVID has been a bitch for County Fair Season. Last year Athens County Fair was pretty booming. Guessing nothing short of another disaster things should be back to normal for the local fairs.

Meigs has one of the largest flower shows in the country.

How about you ask a seed bank or better yet a breeder about auto's that automatically play music?

This is why I flip some of my outdoor girls several times:

Typically the girls are bushier and very stress resistant.
You think the breeders will know which strains play Dead shows? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ah! Thanks, I was honestly wondering why reveg, but I get that completely!

Morning Farmer! Your outdoor girls look ready to rock, when did you initially start them? They're calling for more storms here this week starting tomorrow, I imagine you'll get the same. Everything outside has exploded around here, it's def growing time.

Do the deer bother your outdoor girls? There have to be lots. Hope you have a great day!
Morning BubbaK hope you've been having a lot of quality time with the grand kids.

Thanks, they are starting to take stride, though I still have a lot of holes to dig.

They're clones clipped from last year's outdoor girls when they were about two weeks into flowering.
Usually flowering starts here in late July and early August.
My farm is between Frankfort and Greenfield about 80 miles west of where I live in Athens, O.

Think we may have had record rain in May.

My number 2 hole still looks like I'll be stocking trout instead of growing weed in it.
Now in all fairness it is a hole in a hole. Hopefully by late June I'll be able to drop a plant into it.

This is a great time to checkout my first plant Sunshine:

Two weeks ago:

Last Friday:

Looks like a Cal/Mag def. lolo_O

There are a few deer in my part of Ross County.
(this trail is about a 3/4 a mile away)

Well…you echoed my old stoner musings on the end of killer Columbian Gold and Red fully seeded at $40.00 an oz. and just spectacular. I could go on about that run from early high school through the drought of 1980. Coke was the new commodity and the DEA crushed what was left of the Columbian weed supply backbone. For us in mid Michigan sensi…better known as skunk hit the market at…wait…$300 an oz. In 1981. It was huge leafy fluffy insanely frosty buds…one oz. Filled a quart baggie. The Columbian THC was about 14%…contrary to BS reports that your parents weed was weak. My first experience with skunk was picking someone up in my 69 malibu and we all smelled it instantly. The THC must have been 20% and we were blown away. It was mostly sold by the gram and eighths, but was well received. A game changer. I found out later it was grown quite locally and saw the original lights in storage many years later. Hats off to those pioneers. Cheers. PS…my double album seed tray go to was Lynyrd Skynyrd One More From The Road. Cheers
Sorry to take so long to reply it is an honor to have you stop by cr8grow---you are a lot better cultivator than me :(

We had a waterline brake along a soybean field during the drought. There was a field of soybeans that ended up barely yielding 35 bushels per acre due to the drought---normally yielding about 55 to 60 bushels per acre---there were huge soybeans that ran along the waterline brake. That particular tenth of an acre spot in that field with the leak probably yielded 80 plus bushels per acre.

Wow. $300 in 1981 for Skunk would have been like a $1000 today. But I am sure it was worth every penny.
I first smoked real Skunk in Amsterdam and it was AMAZING!
On the other hand $40 for an oz. of quality bud sounds unheard of though it is about the same price as pretty solid weed today, inflation adjusted.

What I would give to smoke a bag of solid seedy bud back when that was the norm.
May have to fire up some Lynyrd Skynyrd on the way to the farm today.

I just put Sunshine II in the ground on Friday, so we'll see how she is doing later today.

Probably going to be about 40 gallons of soil and I might want to work on the stealth factor a just a little bit.

Hey Farmer I agree cal-mag problems lol.... maybe you can dig a trench from the mini-lake you want to grow in to where these girls are! All that land... you're a lucky man my friend!

The little monsters I mean grandkids left today phew! We did about a years worth of fun stuff this week - aquarium, zoo, ball game, church festival... I'm exhausted lol
Holy cow that is a ton of stuff with the Grandkids! Sounds like you were at New Port on the Levy if that is called that. Been decades since I went to a Red's Game.

I am very blessed though technically this grow is on my brother's land.

Just digging the damn holes is about too much let alone an irrigation system from my mini lake

Quick live update on hole three, plant one. Gotta go getting killed by mosquitoes

IMG_20220605_193127.jpg

Holy cow that is a ton of stuff with the Grandkids! Sounds like you were at New Port on the Levy if that is called that. Been decades since I went to a Red's Game.

I am very blessed though technically this grow is on my brother's land.

Just digging the damn holes is about too much let alone an irrigation system from my mini lake

Quick live update on hole three, plant one. Gotta go getting killed by mosquitoes

IMG_20220605_193127.jpg
Yes Newport on the Levee is where the aquarium is. Funny story at the entrance there's a big bas relief of a humpback whale. As we left I asked the girls what they liked best and the 5 year old said 'the whale' lol.

Have you been to Great American Ballpark? It's so much nicer than Riverfront, even if you don't like baseball you'd enjoy taking in a game there. And you don't have to worry about crowds unless we're playing the Cubs or Cards they're lucky to draw 7500 actual butts in the seats.

What strain(s) are you growing? I missed that along the way. It's storming pretty good here right now with lots more coming the next few days... good luck!

Morning BubbaK hope you've been having a lot of quality time with the grand kids.

Thanks, they are starting to take stride, though I still have a lot of holes to dig.

They're clones clipped from last year's outdoor girls when they were about two weeks into flowering.
Usually flowering starts here in late July and early August.
My farm is between Frankfort and Greenfield about 80 miles west of where I live in Athens, O.

Think we may have had record rain in May.

My number 2 hole still looks like I'll be stocking trout instead of growing weed in it.
Now in all fairness it is a hole in a hole. Hopefully by late June I'll be able to drop a plant into it.

This is a great time to checkout my first plant Sunshine:

Two weeks ago:

Last Friday:

Looks like a Cal/Mag def. lolo_O

There are a few deer in my part of Ross County.
(this trail is about a 3/4 a mile away)

So what happened to her?

IMG_20220603_163518.jpg

Double love cuz of the Sohum!!!! I swear by that shit bro!!
Going to do a two plant outdoor Sohum comparison grow with my soil blend.
The Blackjack Strain from @weedseedsexpress is PM resistant and seems to be a solid well balanced hybrid. I'll need some guidance on how to set up the perimeters for the grow.

Hopefully this cat food eating trash panda doesn't ruin everything!

So what happened to her?

IMG_20220603_163518.jpg
About 25 yards from my girl they have (dude is conventionally farming soybeans) been aggressively applying herbicide.
Guessing that my girl was really sensitive to the chemicals. Sadly the Canadian Thistles seem to be less sensitive to the applications. One of many reasons I'm looking to place this into conservation, though I'll be out there next season trying to kill the damn things.

Actually knew this could be a problem, but assumed there was ample distance. Despite being 1/3 on my holes the loss was a blessing in disguise, since she was a lot harder to get to than she should have been. (Note: still might utilize the flooded hole)

Canadian Thistles are the number one reason the U.S. should annex Canada:high-five:

Going to do a two plant outdoor Sohum comparison grow with my soil blend.
The Blackjack Strain from @weedseedsexpress is PM resistant and seems to be a solid well balanced hybrid. I'll need some guidance on how to set up the perimeters for the grow.

Hopefully this cat food eating trash panda doesn't ruin everything!

About 25 yards from my girl they have (dude is conventionally farming soybeans) been aggressively applying herbicide.
Guessing that my girl was really sensitive to the chemicals. Sadly the Canadian Thistles seem to be less sensitive to the applications. One of many reasons I'm looking to place this into conservation, though I'll be out there next season trying to kill the damn things.

Actually knew this could be a problem, but assumed there was ample distance. Despite being 1/3 on my holes the loss was a blessing in disguise, since she was a lot harder to get to than she should have been. (Note: still might utilize the flooded hole)

Canadian Thistles are the number one reason the U.S. should annex Canada:high-five:

Well said my friend!

Back
Top Bottom