The Fat Ladies In The Cathouse

Looking great so far farmer.... And that's crap that your sis puts bounties on your plants... The only good thing is that you have a few to work with ....but still dammit that's annoying.
A few years back she had my brother destroy four of my plants. Ironically, he did it in veg., so to some extent he ended up topping them (technically FEM'ing them). Ended up getting about nine ounces; still the yield would have been over two lbs without the intervention.

Yeah, my oldest sister is the poster child of non-diagnosed mental illness. My family has been given all of the resources to live happy lives, but they choose to swim in a pool of self absorbed misery. As a kid my big sis would be irate if I showed any signs of being happy. Scariest thing about my biggest sis is that she is an RN.

Hey Farmer,
Sure that was a young buck? Dont think theyre rubbing this early do you?
Sorry about that bro, totally sucks.
Our bucks start around October, sometimes little sooner.
Do you have a trail camera you can put up in that area?
Your correct it was unlikely it was a young buck. I didn't notice any tracks or take into account the date.
Knock on wood deer haven't forked with my girls during September, October, or even November.

I could put up a couple trail cam's, but at this point would it be worth the effort? Though it would be cool to see what caused the damage.
Oh no! What a disaster, I hope it survives.
A trail camera sounds like a great idea.
Really not a big deal, but still very frustrating.
We'll see how she does in her new home a seven gallon pot.
I'll seriously think about a trail cam.
For F#cks sake, man sorry to see that happen.
It is just what this year's grow has thrown at me.

Could be trying to get the velvet off? That happens closer to October here too…
Thought it was a young deer trying to eliminate itchy velvet. Now I'm thinking another critter was probably the culprit.

Oh, and sorry, that sucks man. If it turns out to be that, I have an excellent venison recipe…:cheesygrinsmiley:
Well, I have access to a lot of solid deer hunting on my family's property.
Use to be the architect of a lot of deer drives. Almost always was a driver. Most of the time didn't carry a weapon when driving. Might have to take you up on the venison recipe :laughtwo:
Morning Farmer! Wow all I have to worry about around here is bugs and birds messing with them outside. Do you think she's worth saving? Do you have another plant to take her place? That plant looks just like my kale plants in the garden did last year, a rabbit started at the bottom and started snipping all the stems at the base. It ate some and left the rest lying on the ground. When it was done I had kale plants with a few leaves at the top and a totally exposed stem just like that.

You could always clone what's left at the top, you'll have a new plant ready to go in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck my friend!
Think you answered our question. A rabbit definitely seems to meet the description of the culprit.
Actually, we'll see how she does in a seven gallon pot. I saved a good three gallons of her root ball.
Think it'll be fun to see what comes out of the top vs. cloning.

Here is my replacement plant she is a little on the distressed side.

Farmer…could be a rascally rabbit…bubbakush909 probably is right. Good luck with the elements and residents. Cheers
Now leaning about 70 percent towards a rascally rabbit, 15 percent ground hog, 10 percent deer, and 5 percent other.

Wow! I’ll tell you what @Farmer Reading, the amount of stuff you deal with and overcome in pursuit of the art is truly impressive. I can’t imagine. Even walking. Nice job.
This is turning out to be a stereotypical outdoor grow.
When things start to become turn-key something happens to knock it down a peg. Hopefully at least one or two girls will make it through to maturity to make some great bud.

If anything it is entertaining:)

Hopefully my SUPER MEGA SOHUM OUTDOOR COMPARISON GROW will thrive in the CatHouse.

Planted a couple of weeks ago.
Both plants have been planted in holes utilized last year using fresh soil.
The Sohum girl was planted in the same hole as last year's Sohum girl.

The hole for my soil was placed in the hole with my top yielder from
last season.

Placed three gallons of spent soil at the base, a three gallon perlite layer, a three gallon layer of pure soil, and a fifty-fifty blend of soil, and the other fifty percent consisting of Pro Mix, Pete, and a touch of Roots Organic's Lush soil (used up a bag).
Disclaimer(s): last season used two bags of Sohum and this season used one bag of Sohum.
While using the same amount of net soil the hole diameter of the non Sohum girl is much larger---just didn't dig out all of the used soil from last season.

Placed these girls in the CatHouse on June 26th. Strain Blackjack, which is a well balanced hybrid with an eight week flowering time that seems to be overlooked.

Here are some assorted pics of both plants during and after planting. Desperately need to get a marker for this comparison grow.

Added some Cypress Mulch and denote the shovel is my Sohum girl's marker.

Good to see you back on the Gator Farmer. Hope all is going well for you my friend
Things are going great! Without the Gator it would be pretty tough to make this grow happen.
I'll try not to decapitate myself on ancient fence.
Once again congrats on PotM it is very well deserved. Of course the one time I don't vote on your plant. lol.

she is very tuff and resiliant. Would be a bad idea getting some seeds of that pheno!! She a survivalist!
Well she is a clone from last year's grow and she was stressed a ton, but not trained to withstand rabbit/critter attack.
Actually, am in the process of resetting my genetics.
The Blackjack's are suppose to be PM and bud rot resistant.

Buddy Thistle Seed lol! Hope the NYU Botanist who intentionally brought us honeysuckle from Asia as a good ground cover is right there next to him. Looks like we've got more rain on the way today!

Do you happen to know the Burrows? Besides great weed, Joe is probably the best thing ever to come from Athens.

Who Dey!
Most invasive weeds are imported by humans to try stopping other problems.
My sister---the less evil one--- claims we have received around seven inches of rain in Ross County during the most recent spells.
Funny we are looking at too much rain, then drought like conditions, and then too much rain.

Hopefully all this rain has helped my soybean!!!

I have met Joe's parents a couple of times (seen them a lot) and they sat fairly close to us when they attended Ohio basketball games. Very nice and very grounded people. Joe's Dad was our Defensive Coordinator at Ohio. He retired early to watch Joe play football. This most likely cost Ohio a conference championship, since his replacement was a f*#king moran.

We were close to buying a house within a quarter mile of theirs, but my spouse person didn't want to live in The Plains, a Census Designated place.

The Burrows live in a lost in the 90's middle class housing development (nice enough) within a quarter of a mile there is a very impressive trailer park. A lot of Joe's friends to this day live(d) in unimaginable poverty. That is probably one of many things that make the young man such a great leader.

His mom is pretty hot!

Speaking of rain I wonder if SWAMP PLANT is going to be in a pond today?
(the water pick was from pre-planting.

Looking great Farmer. Glad youre backup and running bro.
That was some work in the 100 degree weather.
Thanks, I need to stay on top of my journal better.

Haven't been out to the farm for a week, heading over today.
Between carrying around an extra 20 to 30 pounds and being on the wrong side of 45 makes working in 100 degree heat really isn't fun anymore.

Here is my last outdoor girl, which I planted last Sunday in 100 percent homemade soil.
She is also a Blackjack. The only Blackjack out in the Wilderness.
(plant count---2---in the CatHouse---4---in the Wilderness.

Went out to the girls on Sunday and only managed to procrastinate till Thursday to update my journal.
Four days is sadly an improvement.

Going to the farm tomorrow instead of Sunday due to car problems. Will give a quick update.

SOHUM Comparison Plants: ---Sohum Plant with shovel---

Swamp Plant/Ditch Weed: really torn between these two names.
Won't lie I was very concerned about her being six inches under water after our MASSIVE rains.
Based upon my assessment the rain was a positive thing. She already exceeds last year's girl that grew in this hole.

The RABBIT HELL Hole: if you're going to build a security fence to prevent an methodical, territorial, EVIL RABBIT ya should close the damn fence. This hole is officially cursed and the replacement plant is dead.
There will be no more cannabis plants---maybe a tomato, so I can poison the damned critter.

Fence Climber: she is climbing along. Always living in constant fear of an EVIL RABBIT or a possible mystery critter.
Will probably place additional security.

Beautiful plants Farmer. That last one she a big one!

And sorry for that repeated plant loss. Freaking rabbit is probably tasting good after eating all that weed.
Thanks it has been a fun year.

Fence Climber---the big one seems to be taking stride.
I snipped her clone not quite a year ago from last year's outdoor grow.

The last lost plant was not a big deal, but not sealing the fence was pretty dumb.
I don't feel at all bad about my stupidity, it is actually kinda funny.

Seriously this Evil Rabbit thing wasn't going to let this work.
It almost seems like a territorial Watership Down kinda stuff.

Really should have done the trail cam thing.

I'll ramp up security for the big girl.

Rabbit is a very good meat. Damn. I haven't hunted them in over 20 year.
Would be nice to shoot the old Browning.

Thanks it has been a fun year.

Fence Climber---the big one seems to be taking stride.
I snipped her clone not quite a year ago from last year's outdoor grow.

The last lost plant was not a big deal, but not sealing the fence was pretty dumb.
I don't feel at all bad about my stupidity, it is actually kinda funny.

Seriously this Evil Rabbit thing wasn't going to let this work.
It almost seems like a territorial Watership Down kinda stuff.

Really should have done the trail cam thing.

I'll ramp up security for the big girl.

Rabbit is a very good meat. Damn. I haven't hunted them in over 20 year.
Would be nice to shoot the old Browning.

Give er a shoot! ;) :rofl:

now that chicken taste better after eating weed, I could just imagine a rabbit cannabis muncher, such a great meal.

Went out to the girls on Sunday and only managed to procrastinate till Thursday to update my journal.
Four days is sadly an improvement.

Going to the farm tomorrow instead of Sunday due to car problems. Will give a quick update.

SOHUM Comparison Plants: ---Sohum Plant with shovel---

Swamp Plant/Ditch Weed: really torn between these two names.
Won't lie I was very concerned about her being six inches under water after our MASSIVE rains.
Based upon my assessment the rain was a positive thing. She already exceeds last year's girl that grew in this hole.

The RABBIT HELL Hole: if you're going to build a security fence to prevent an methodical, territorial, EVIL RABBIT ya should close the damn fence. This hole is officially cursed and the replacement plant is dead.
There will be no more cannabis plants---maybe a tomato, so I can poison the damned critter.

Fence Climber: she is climbing along. Always living in constant fear of an EVIL RABBIT or a possible mystery critter.
Will probably place additional security.

Who knew rabbits were so evil! Damn they make short work of a plant, eh? Wow.

Who knew rabbits were so evil! Damn they make short work of a plant, eh? Wow.
Decided to put out a trail cam.

1657887563943.png

You know how wrong this is, right? Omg. I’m gonna have nightmares. :cheesygrinsmiley:
You forking bet I know how wrong that is. My Mom always told me that something has to give you nightmares.
Hilarious
Not so hilarious if you see that at rest stop at 3 am.

Well, I haven't had any rabbit issues lately.

Sohum vs. Blue Koala & soybeans too

(Named non Sohum Plant Blue Koala)

Well it isn't the plants fault that I am a horrible journal er, though I am an even worse juggler.
Now with that said these pics are from a week ago. Remember I live like 85 miles from this grow.

The girls are putting on a pretty solid canopy and will be flowering very soon.
The pictures indicate parity between the two plants, but the eye test gives Blue Koala the lead.

Quality is my main focus though good yields will be nice too.
Hopefully the two girls will pull a pound of quality bud that assumes that bud rot doesn't ravish my girls in the fall.

Two gallons supplemental feeding of Roots Organics Veg,. Terpinator, and microbes. Favorable to heavy rains limiting the need for watering. Will start flowering supplemental nutrients soon. Applying foliar spray for feeding and foliar spray for mold, PM, and pest.

I sound like a robut writing a boring journal---beep---beep.

Sohum

Blue Koala

Side bar

Now with very few exceptions these plants haven't been super cropped---maybe a half a dozen smaller nodes for minor canopy adjustments. Moving forward I want these girls to grow vertical allowing some dominant colas.

Well my Helper decided to super crop all of my dominate colas, which probably was the correct thing to do unless you want the plant to grow vertical.

Anyway I improvised.

:lot-o-toke:

Shit the soybeans---looking at 45 bushels an acre as of now.

Your plants look in awesome shape. You have all the space to grow :) glad to see you doing some super cropping, it’s always great to stress these plants just enough to get the hormones going everywhere.

Keep up the good work farmer.
Appreciate the kind words. Your plants look spectacular and your mastery of super-cropping is superb.
Super Cropping on a well trained plant is kinda like playing canopy checkers.

Last year I had four pretty large girls in the Cathouse/cage and lost over half of my harvest to PM and Bud Rot.

100 percent loss on this girl.

This year I decided to go with two medium sized plants in the Cathouse to allow plenty space between plants.

Appreciate the kind words. Your plants look spectacular and your mastery of super-cropping is superb.
Super Cropping on a well trained plant is kinda like playing canopy checkers.

Last year I had four pretty large girls in the Cathouse/cage and lost over half of my harvest to PM and Bud Rot.

100 percent loss on this girl.

This year I decided to go with two medium sized plants in the Cathouse to allow plenty space between plants.

Sorry to hear man and she looked soooo good.

Sorry to hear man and she looked soooo good.
Thanks a lot for your condolences. Losing her was worse than losing a girlfriend back in high school.
Thanks to the community I learned that losing outdoor plants to bud rot and pm was a commonality last season.

Sorry to hear the BS your buddy is putting you through lately. Seems like shitty friends are a dime a baker's dozen.

Gorilla Grow Update:
Exceptional rains and my super soil blend---Blue Koala--- have pretty much done most of the work heading into flowering time. Flowering time is fun time.

Lately my stupid siblings or sadistic rabbits haven't posed a significant threat to the grow.

Fence Climber:

Fed her about five gallons and about a gallon of foliar feeding.
She seems to be becoming a bushy beast. Could exfoliate her for hours end.
Took Gator Seat full off of her.

Swamp Plant:

Fed hear about 3.5 gallons and a little more than a half a gallon foliar feeding.
Pretty sure flooding shouldn't be an issue anymore. Really liking her canopy and so far she looks like a solid small-medium outdoor plant. She is definitely starting to flower. Could probably let her go without training, though will probably take some smaller growth off the base.

Late Plant:

My last plant outdoors this season. After she was established took all of the bottom growth off of her, effectively quad-lining her while leaving her top. Despite limited outdoor vegging time hoping that she'll give me some very solid buds.

Thanks a lot folks for following and stopping by hopefully things get interesting soon as flowering approach.

Back
Top Bottom