Outdoor Sativa Cultivation At 39N Inland, At 2950 Feet, 900 Metres, Altitude

9-September-2022:

The small and late MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac), and after her the Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger , A.C.E.; born May 19):

1670440258454.png

Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger, A.C.E.; born 19-May; has the 3 lower nodes = 6 lower branches, pruned):

1670440363508.png

1670440402527.png

1670440481695.png

1670440524746.png

1670440553845.png

1670440603190.png

1670440638751.png

10-September-2022 :

The small and late MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac), after her, the biggest of all, King Congo, (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born on May 15; the lower 5 nodes-10 twigs have been pruned), and in the background on the left, the small one for her age (because she was born on the same day as King Congo: May 15) Flash Back #2 (Flo x White Widow, Sweet Seeds):

1670497498421.png

King Congo
, (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born on May 15; the lower 5 nodes-10 twigs have been pruned), and in the background on the left, the small one for her age (because she was born on the same day as King Congo: May 15) Flash Back #2 (Flo x White Widow, Sweet Seeds):

1670498101275.png

1670498338497.png

1670498804037.png

14-September-2022:

King Congo
(Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born 15-May; the 5 nodes-10 lower branches have been pruned) in the foreground, the small MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac) in the middle, and in the background the Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger , A.C.E.; born May 19; has pruned the 3 nodes-6 lower branches):

1670522570866.png

16-September-2022 :

They tell me that the following day 17, I have to leave for Tarragona (about 700 km/430 miles away) to work, and it is not known if I will have to stay there for a month and a half or three months...

...First, I harvest the Flash Back (Flo x White Widow, Sweet Seeds) on the run and with no time for photos, and leave it on a mesh to dry: it clearly needs 10 to 15 days more of flowering, but a month and a half more (minimum) I think is too much time overripening without supervision... When I can try it, it will have surprising power for its under-ripening, a pleasant/"turned out" sativa effect (far from that of long florewing sativas, but "turned out" to be harvested at the end of September) and what is truly remarkable: a flavor each once again milled very rich to my taste.

...Second, I fold the two large plants with ropes (actually shoelaces), in case in my absence they rub against the bird mesh that roofs "La Perrera" or the metal mesh, and I secure the three against the blows of the wind, also with laces... King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born on May 15; it has pruned the 5 knots-10 lower branches) in foreground, little MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac) in the middle, and in the background Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger, Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles; born May 19; has pruned the 3 nodes-6 lower branches):

1670579427860.png

1670579490736.png

(...)

16-September-2022 :

This is how each of my three sativas stays, until my return...:

King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born 15-May; the 5 nodes-10 lower branches have been pruned). It clearly looks like a "pheno" "Congo Point Noire" :

1670582945960.png

1670583031127.png

1670583074143.png

1670583117625.png

1670583171328.png

(...)

16-September-2022 :

The small MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac) in the middle, and in the background the Zamaldelic fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger , A.C.E.; born May 19; has pruned the 3 nodes-6 lower branches):

1670619944530.png

MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June-24, MadMac); state of its flowering:

1670624172946.png

1670620075151.png

(...)

16-September-2022 :

They tell me that the following day 17, I have to leave for Tarragona (about 700 km/430 miles away) to work, and it is not known if I will have to stay there for a month and a half or three months...

...First, I harvest the Flash Back (Flo x White Widow, Sweet Seeds) on the run and with no time for photos, and leave it on a mesh to dry: it clearly needs 10 to 15 days more of flowering, but a month and a half more (minimum) I think is too much time overripening without supervision... When I can try it, it will have surprising power for its under-ripening, a pleasant/"turned out" sativa effect (far from that of long florewing sativas, but "turned out" to be harvested at the end of September) and what is truly remarkable: a flavor each once again milled very rich to my taste.

...Second, I fold the two large plants with ropes (actually shoelaces), in case in my absence they rub against the bird mesh that roofs "La Perrera" ("The Dogs' House") or the metal mesh, and I secure the three against the blows of the wind, also with laces... King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born on May 15; it has pruned the 5 knots-10 lower branches) in foreground, little MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac) in the middle, and in the background Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger, Asociación de Cultivadores Españoles; born May 19; has pruned the 3 nodes-6 lower branches):

1670579427860.png

1670579490736.png

(...)

It's a bitch that they gave me notice with such a short margin of time to leave for so long... Other seasons I've also had to be absent from one to two months for work on the best and most delicate flowering, but they warned me with more timeframe; This season I had fertilized the soil only for the vegetative stage, and I was thinking of fertilizing in flowering with the liquid fertilizers suitable for organic farming from Top Crop that they gave me thanks to the grace and intercession of the "Halcón de al-Ándalus" ("saqr al' andilus"; "صقر الأندلس" ) califa ... But this season they left me just enough time to prepare the trip, without being able to dedicate myself to collecting more fertilizer through the valley, or traveling 50 km by car to try to buy commercial solid organic fertilizers with which to fertilize the soil for flowering... And the few people who can deal with my dogs (their territory surrounds the entire "La Perrera"-"The Dogs' House") are some relatives who they don't know anything about cannabis cultivation, and that they make a lot of effort taking care of the dogs and pouring a 10-liter bucket of water to each plant weekly, if it doesn't rain... "Tiger" has already bitten a cousin-brother, and a an uncle, who in one of my absences tried to help with some task inside or from the land of the dogs to some of the other few relatives who can deal with the dogs. He even bit once, while I was present although with my back to the scene, a foreign member of Overgrow who during a tourist trip through Spain stopped by to visit my humble ganjanal... And fortunately there were always some of those known by the dogs to abort the situation before the other dog could consider whether or not to help his colleague...
...In short, you already know the saying that family and true friends are the best treasure...
....And if they could deal with your dogs and take care of your plants, that would already be like the Treasure of Moctezuma, that of Atahualpa and that of the Manila Galleon together...

In summary: that the plants will only have a 10-litre bucket a week if it doesn't rain, and they will have to flourish without any contribution of fertilizer...

...So the night of 16-September-2022 was the last one that I would spend near the plants, in my valley, and in my mountains, for some time...

1670775943331.png

1670775964063.png

1670775987708.png

So from September 17 to November 8, I spent it displaced working near Tarragona (Catalonia, in the extreme northeast of my nation); far from my family, dogs, plants, valley and mountains... but close to me also always longed for the Mediterranean, next to which I spent my early childhood... Ahhhhh... The old and warm Mediterranean...

"Maybe because my childhood
is still playing on your beach,
and hidden behind the reeds
sleeps my first love,
I carry your light and your scent
wherever I go...
...And huddled in your sand,
I keep love, games and sorrows...

I, who in my skin have the bitter taste
of the bitter taste of eternal weeping,
that a hundred peoples have poured into you,
from Algeciras to Istanbul,
for you to paint in blue
their long winter nights...
...By dint of misfortunes,
your soul is deep and dark...

To your red sunsets,
my eyes have grown accustomed
like the bend in the road...
...I am a singer, I am a storyteller,
I like the game and the wine,
I have the soul of a sailor...
...And what am I going to do?
If I was born in the Mediterranean...
...I was born in the Mediterranean...

And you come nearer, sea, and you go away,
after kissing my village...
...playing with the tide,
you leave, thinking of coming back;
you are like a woman,
perfumed with tar...,
...who is longed for and loved....,
...who is known and feared....

Oh! If one day for my bad,
Death comes looking for me...
...push my boat into the sea,
with an autumn east wind,
And let the storm
scrap its white wings...
...And bury me without mourning...
...between the beach and the sky...
On a hillside,
higher than the horizon,
I want to have a good view...
...My body will be a path,
I'll give its green to palm trees, holm oaks and pines,
and yellow to the genista...

But close to the sea, because I...
...I was born in the Mediterranean..."

..Also, I soon made good friends in Tarragona... And to end this Tarragona interlude, I leave you with a music video of the reggae scene there, with some images of the Tarragona suburbs:

...and good ganja, also...(dont be so sad, friend @Graytail , je...):

So from September 17 to November 7, I am many hundreds of kilometers from "La Perrera". On top of that, on November 7th they tell me that although I have satisfactorily finished my work there in Tarragona, on November 9th I have to be in the Campo de Gibraltar of Cádiz (Algeciras, San Roque, La Línea and Gibraltar) to start another job throughout the rest of the month, maybe more... I have to cross the country again (or at least the European continental part), but I take a detour through my valley and my mountains to spend a day at home.
And this is how I find myself in "La Perrera" after almost 2 months of absence: the plants have only received water, and not much, and the lack of any subscriber has greatly limited their development:

8-November-2022 :
King Congo
(Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei, Tropical Seeds Company, born 15-May; 5 nodes-10 lower branches pruned), in the middle, the small MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac), and in the background the Zamaldélica fem (Zamal x Golden Tiger, A.C.E.; born May 19; 3 nodes-6 lower branches pruned):

1670849087495.png

1670849132140.png

Little MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac), and in the background King Congo (Congo Point Noire x South African Ciskei , Tropical Seeds Company, born on May 15; the 5 nodes-10 lower branches have been pruned):

1670849257184.png

(...)

8-November-2020 :

Of the three plants, the one that has suffered the least from the lack of food, water and care for almost 2 months, has been the small MadMac's Original Haze x Ultra Early Love Potion/Silver Bubble (born June 24, MadMac) ; It has its logic, because it had a lot of soil for its small size, and it was the one that needed less food and water. It is also the most advanced in its flowering, although in ideal conditions it would not enter my "ideal ripening-harvesting window" until November 15 onwards, at least: (Today is a windy day, sorry for the "shaky photos"):

1670883196613.png

1670883227107.png

1670883272336.png

1670883307412.png

1670883338257.png

1670883372528.png

(...)

(...)
1671025469914.png

1671025527940.png

1671025577858.png

1671025617035.png

1671025649296.png

1671025681145.png

1671025715898.png

I have to leave tomorrow for the Campo de Gibraltar and I don't know if I will be able to return in a month or a month and a half... I would give it, in ideal conditions, a minimum of one more week before thinking about harvesting this plant; But I'm afraid that in a month overripening without supervision or care it may develop some male flower, or develop mold now that the rainiest and most humid season is coming in this area... I decide to harvest it on the run.
(...)

It looks very nice! :thumb:

One week won't be a big loss. I'm impressed that things went so well while you were away. And no bugs? We usually have some trouble with insects that bore - caterpillars.

And that would probably be the case, @Graytail, if I hadn't used diatomaceous earth and bacillus thuringiensis until September 16th. And more in this area, where the largest butterflies in Europe and North Africa are... What the plants did have were many predatory spiders, which I shook well when cutting the plant, so that they would fall back to the ground.

As for the difference compared to when I'm not away for so long during flowering, I clearly see it in the general size of the plants, and in the number and volume of their buds. For example, the Zamaldélicas (well cared for) equivalent to mine that I have been able to see in others, were much more productive and resinous. Likewise, if this King Congo measures a little more than 1.70 meters when it was born on May 15, 2 seasons ago I had another similar one born only 10 days before, which measured 2.75 meters and had branches as long as my height full of buds bigger than my fist...:

1671041824360.png

1671041911172.png

1671041953630.png

1671042000633.png

1671042040197.png

1671042085180.png

1671042131726.png

1671042165990.png

1671042242683.png

1671042276710.png

Heheh, yeah that's a better yield.

Gorgeous harvest!
Heh, I tell you...
Well, and before returning to my current season, and taking advantage of the fact that the most African plants are the ones that I had to review, I leave you with another musical interlude in the form of another contemporary Afro-Spanish folk cannon shot. "Las Hijas del Sol" in their song "Ay, corazón" invites you to get closer, even if the tension rises in the attempt... And here dj Sīd Aḥmad Beni Burungal recommends you warm up first, before releasing your hips to the wild...

...I'm untied, heh... It's just that I don't work until mid-January, and I'm tasting this year's harvest... And come on, so that the older ones or those who have to take care of their hips, can join the party, here I leave you a slow and "suavecito" son, one of those that is danced very slowly, and very close... Mali-Spain-Cuba meeting in Madrid, the common musical roots...

Back
Top Bottom