CBD BudMan Outdoor Grow: Table Mountain Sativa Company & Seedsman - 2024

Cheers. I am excited to see how they do for you.
Thank you @Table Mountain Sativa Co, :thanks: I am too.

So, how tall do you anticipate each of your sativas to be when FIMed at the 10th node? I really want them to be somewhere around 7 feet tall... no shorter than 6 feet and certainly no taller than 8 feet. I realize this may be difficult to answer as it may depend on conditions here in my garden.

Which brings me to your reply to me on how hungry these girls can be. Here's what I plan to mix up for the soil:

Back Yard Soil - GeoFlora
In each hole, mix and place the following:

• 1 bag FFOF (1.5 cf each)*
  • 2 bags Coco Loco (2 cf each)*
  • 1 bag Worm Gold Plus (0.7 cf each)
  • 1 bag Bu’s Blend compost (1 cf each)
  • 1 cup Gypsum
  • 2 cups Bone Meal
  • 2 cups Fish Bone Meal
  • 4 cups Green Sand
  • 1 box Kelp Meal
  • I box Alfalfa Meal
  • 5 cups Soybean Meal
  • 6 cups Insect Frass
  • 2 cups Rock Phosphate
  • 4 cups Neem Seed Meal
  • 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
  • 4 TBS Dolomite Lime
  • 1 & 1/2 cups Azomite
  • 2 TBS Humic Acid
  • 14 TBS? Dynomyco mixed into soil (1 tsp per gal*)
  • 1 cf Perlite (or 3, 12 quart bags)
Additional ingredients mixed into top 1/3 of hole:
  • 1 shovel full GeoFlora Veg mixed into top 1/3 of hole
  • 4 cups Blood Meal
*Note: 1.5 cubic foot bag = 10 gals
-----------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on this mix of soil for your sativas? Does this meet your standard for "a rich soil"? I never use bottle nutes as I'm strictly a "Living Organic Soil" kind of guy. I will be using GeoFlora Nutrients, Chicken Soup for the Soil, Terpinator - throughout the grow - and Sweet Candy during flowering. I didn't use this mix last season and let's just say: things didn't turn out so well. When I used this mix in a prior grow using GeoFlora, things went so much better; so I'm leaning real hard in using this mix again this season.

Anyone else grow @Table Mountain Sativa Co girls outdoors? Please share what works for you.
Thank you all,
I Love My Girls... :smokin:

Thank you @Table Mountain Sativa Co, :thanks: I am too.

So, how tall do you anticipate each of your sativas to be when FIMed at the 10th node? I really want them to be somewhere around 7 feet tall... no shorter than 6 feet and certainly no taller than 8 feet. I realize this may be difficult to answer as it may depend on conditions here in my garden.

Which brings me to your reply to me on how hungry these girls can be. Here's what I plan to mix up for the soil:

Back Yard Soil - GeoFlora
In each hole, mix and place the following:

• 1 bag FFOF (1.5 cf each)*
  • 2 bags Coco Loco (2 cf each)*
  • 1 bag Worm Gold Plus (0.7 cf each)
  • 1 bag Bu’s Blend compost (1 cf each)
  • 1 cup Gypsum
  • 2 cups Bone Meal
  • 2 cups Fish Bone Meal
  • 4 cups Green Sand
  • 1 box Kelp Meal
  • I box Alfalfa Meal
  • 5 cups Soybean Meal
  • 6 cups Insect Frass
  • 2 cups Rock Phosphate
  • 4 cups Neem Seed Meal
  • 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
  • 4 TBS Dolomite Lime
  • 1 & 1/2 cups Azomite
  • 2 TBS Humic Acid
  • 14 TBS? Dynomyco mixed into soil (1 tsp per gal*)
  • 1 cf Perlite (or 3, 12 quart bags)
Additional ingredients mixed into top 1/3 of hole:
  • 1 shovel full GeoFlora Veg mixed into top 1/3 of hole
  • 4 cups Blood Meal
*Note: 1.5 cubic foot bag = 10 gals
-----------------------------------------------------

What are your thoughts on this mix of soil for your sativas? Does this meet your standard for "a rich soil"? I never use bottle nutes as I'm strictly a "Living Organic Soil" kind of guy. I will be using GeoFlora Nutrients, Chicken Soup for the Soil, Terpinator - throughout the grow - and Sweet Candy during flowering. I didn't use this mix last season and let's just say: things didn't turn out so well. When I used this mix in a prior grow using GeoFlora, things went so much better; so I'm leaning real hard in using this mix again this season.

Anyone else grow @Table Mountain Sativa Co girls outdoors? Please share what works for you.
Thank you all,
Great mix Amigo :welldone:
Did you let it set for a while before using it?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Great mix Amigo :welldone:
Did you let it set for a while before using it?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you @Bill284 :thanks: Not yet. Still waiting for my Hydro Shop guy to get this stuff in... ugh! Reminds me of your escapades! :laugh:

Thank you @Bill284 :thanks: Not yet. Still waiting for my Hydro Shop guy to get this stuff in... ugh! Reminds me of your escapades! :laugh:
I'm limited by location and shipping. $$$
I'm in the middle of nowhere. :rofl:
How long do you have before you pot it?
Needs a little time before use.
But you know that from experience. :Namaste::Namaste:
I've got a few hundred litres of the stuff.
Been cooking 3 years now.
Want it? Hehe
I've n9 use for soil anymore.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Well, looky here at what I saw as soon as I got out of bed this morning:

My White Widow was the 1st to pop the bean and 1st to poke up through the ground.

My Wild Lady is in second place in germ and emerging.

My RVDV is the last one today to emerge out of the soil.

And my Frisian Dew is slower, as she hasn't emerged from the soil just yet. A day or three and she will, I'm sure.

Well, looky here what I saw as soon as I got out of bed this morning:

My White Widow was the 1st to pop the bean and 1st to poke up through the ground.

My Wild Lady is in second place in germ and emerging.

My RVDV is the last one today to emerge out of the soil.

And my Frisian Dew is slower, as she hasn't emerged from the soil just yet. A day or three and she will, I'm sure.
Happy Birthday :woohoo::happy-birthday:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm limited by location and shipping. $$$
I'm in the middle of nowhere. :rofl:
How long do you have before you pot it?
Not sure, as I usually play it by ear. I go by the progress of the plant and not a fixed time.
Needs a little time before use.
But you know that from experience. :Namaste::Namaste:
Yes, I do remember. Supposed to be 3 months. And it's NOT going to be. I'm sure I can cook it for a month, perhaps more. We'll see how they do... like I say, I go by how they grow rather than a set time.
I've got a few hundred litres of the stuff.
Been cooking 3 years now.
Wow! Really?
Want it? Hehe
I've n9 use for soil anymore.
Not really, but thanx anyway. 😀

That mix looks good. I think @StoneOtter will be able to give you some help. Honestly, I dont use most of that stuff. Decent soil as a base (what is in the ground) and I mix in Potting soil, a little vermiculite (just to hold a little extra as it gets mad windy here), Perlite, compost, worm castings, bone meal at the bottom so it breaks down during the 9 month grow season. I try to keep things as simple as possible.
@Gee64 had some soil issues but it seems corrected now so maybe he can also chime in here.
If you FIM it will still get taller a little. If you top it will not so that's up to you. 7 feet should be about where you will end up.
How many months will they have to veg before autumn rocks up?
I get 6 months before stretch.
Cheers.

That mix looks good. I think @StoneOtter will be able to give you some help. Honestly, I dont use most of that stuff. Decent soil as a base (what is in the ground) and I mix in Potting soil, a little vermiculite (just to hold a little extra as it gets mad windy here), Perlite, compost, worm castings, bone meal at the bottom so it breaks down during the 9 month grow season. I try to keep things as simple as possible.
:thanks: @Lerugged,
And THAT's the thing, I don't have "decent" soil here. Because it's very common for mobile home parks to use heavy black plastic on the entire lot, covered in gravel, the soil here is pretty dead. And it's been this way on my particular lot for 60++ years! This is why I do what I do here. And each season I dig out the old and replace with new. Experience has taught me that, if I don't replace the soil each year, I get some kind of fungus that kills my green girls. Dead!
If you FIM it will still get taller a little. If you top it will not so that's up to you. 7 feet should be about where you will end up.
And that's "if I FIM at 10 nodes, to get to about 7 feet?
How many months will they have to veg before autumn rocks up?
If you count from now, just sprouting, to harvest, the entire season here is 6 months (Sep) or 7 months (Oct).. depending on how long each cultivar needs for the flowering phase. I typically see my girls start their "Bloom" phase a couple of weeks after Summer Solstice, so early July here. This makes for about 4 months of vegging. Even though our winters are getting warmer each year now, we do still get frost here in winter, so I can't really place anything out before April 1st.

I start my girls indoors by germinating on the new moon (ish) in March and place them outdoors in pots in early April.

Late to the Party but im here :D Thanks for the tag, my good friend. They are looking like you are on a role! I might have missed it but what's with the ink on the seeds. ? Your way to tell apart? But the recipe looks like some good purdy yields :D Im jelly. I want some of those nice minerals MUUHAHAHAH

Late to the Party but im here :D Thanks for the tag, my good friend. They are looking like you are on a role!
:welcome: Welcome @jmrl and thank you for the kind words. :thanks:
I might have missed it but what's with the ink on the seeds. ? Your way to tell apart?
Not "my way..." @Table Mountain Sativa Co 's" way of telling them apart. Seems totally harmless, as they've germinated just fine.
But the recipe looks like some good purdy yields :D Im jelly. I want some of those nice minerals MUUHAHAHAH
That's what I'm shoot'n for here. Didn't include all those in the soil last year and things didn't turn out. :eek:

Update On Germination:

The Frisian Dew has failed to sprout. While the seed did "crack open", there was no root tail yet when I placed it into the tray. Today, I dug it up and discovered a decomposing seed. 😢

So today, I've started a second Frisian Dew seed to germ in wet paper towels. Wish me luck!:meditate:

In the meantime, here's pics on the rest of the girls:

My RVDV girl:

My White Widow girl:

My Wild Lady girl:

How do you like those trays? I was thinking of getting a set for my veggies this year but didn't.
The silicone on the bottom for ease of popping out, work ?

How do you like those trays? I was thinking of getting a set for my veggies this year but didn't.
The silicone on the bottom for ease of popping out, work ?
I love these trays @jmrl . I have found them to be very easy to pop the rootball straight out from the tray... easy peasy. For me, I feel this is a very important feature because of how tender these girls are at this stage. Never having to wrestle them out, lowers the chance of damaging them.

Hope this helps,

Success and Failure:

Well, 2 Frisian Dew seeds in succession have now failed to germinate. 😢 So, I'm now germinating a Durban Poison feminized seed. And she popped right away too! :yahoo: I'll have pics of her soon.

In the meantime, here's some pics of the rest of the girls at 5 days old:

I love these trays @jmrl . I have found them to be very easy to pop the rootball straight out from the tray... easy peasy. For me, I feel this is a very important feature because of how tender these girls are at this stage. Never having to wrestle them out, lowers the chance of damaging them.

Hope this helps,
Yes so true!
do you use them for other seeds?

Yes so true!
do you use them for other seeds?
No I don't. Once I decided to grow my own medicine:yummy:, I chose to remove any distractions elsewhere in my garden. There are other contributing factors too. These days my yard is very tiny, so space is a huge concern. And lastly, when I did grow a vegetable garden, I'd go down to my local nursery and pickup whatever starter plants I wanted, thereby sidestepping the whole germinating/seedling process.

Back
Top Bottom