Flying High With Hawk - 2024 Grow Journal

I’d love someone to talk me thru this and give their opinion / advice.

I just bought a 4x4 Vivosun tent and a 400W Vivosun LED Light. I have a new Spider Farmer 6” fan / carbon filter as well. I was going to set up the SF ventilation system, then realized that then I couldn’t use the Vivosun smart controller.

Am I crazy to want to try to sell the new Spider Farmer just so I can buy the system from Vivosun and then use a smart controller? Are the smart controllers worth the hassle? It sounds wonderful to be able to control everything from outside the tent, but I’ve never used one before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

:thanks:

I’d love someone to talk me thru this and give their opinion / advice.

I just bought a 4x4 Vivosun tent and a 400W Vivosun LED Light. I have a new Spider Farmer 6” fan / carbon filter as well. I was going to set up the SF ventilation system, then realized that then I couldn’t use the Vivosun smart controller.

Am I crazy to want to try to sell the new Spider Farmer just so I can buy the system from Vivosun and then use a smart controller? Are the smart controllers worth the hassle? It sounds wonderful to be able to control everything from outside the tent, but I’ve never used one before.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

:thanks:
Keep what you have. Hell, get the other one next time. Over thinking shit, is as bad as not thinking about shit at all. In my old opinion.

4/15/24
Day 28. Finally got a chance to do some work on my tent. Set humidity to 70% on the new humidifier. Added another fan. Attempted to fix the two Autos: dug them out w. all roots intact, added a LOT of Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and Perlite to the 7-gallon grow pots.

Fed all 4 plants their first dose of GeoFlora Veg – 2 Tbs each to the 1-gallon Photos and 2/3 cup each to the 7-gallon Autos. Gave all of them a thorough watering. Hopefully, they’ll all respond well.

Am I right that I can top one of my Photos at this point? Sure looks like it!

4Kingdoms__04_15_2024_01.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_15_2024_02.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_15_2024_03.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_15_2024_04.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_15_2024_05.jpg
I wouldn't top the photos until they have been hardened outdoors for a bit. In my old opinion.

Thanks! Needed to hear that. Good to see you again POG!!
You as well Hawk. You don't need a bunch of high tech crap. We live in the oldest mountains in the world. It doesn't get anymore high tech than that. Harden your photo's outside before you top'em. You can l.s.t. your auto's as soon as they have two sets of leaves. Just take a piece of wire, and make a simple hook. Then bend the plant over and hook it at about a forty degree angle. Give it a shot.

Then bend the plant over and hook it at about a forty degree angle.
Don't forget to support the opposite side!

If you're interested in going down the Vivosun road, the person to ask would be @LKABudMan since he runs their gear in various tents...all controlled by their system.

4/21/24
Day 34. Watered the two Photos. Looks like there will be a different watering schedule for the Autos and Photos since the 1-gallon grow pots will dry out much faster than the 7-gallon grow pots. All continue to look pretty good. Maybe a bit smaller than they should be, but healthy and growing.

4Kingdoms__04_21_2024_02.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_21_2024_03.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_21_2024_04.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_21_2024_05.jpg

4/23/24
One of the Photos looks like it’s leaves are starting to yellow. What’s going on there and what do I need to do to get the color back to a dark green?

4Kingdoms__04_23_2024_01.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_23_2024_02.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_23_2024_03.jpg
4Kingdoms__04_23_2024_04.jpg
Looks like magnesium to me.
Cal-mag or Epsom salts would be the fix, but cal-mag is better. It's easy to give them too much with the Epsom salts.

They've had one feeding of GeoFlora Veg. They'll get their second dose on Monday.
Did you mix it into the soil on upcan or just top dress?
First time trying LST - does it look right?
I would make sure to support the side opposite the bend so as not to stress the trunk/root connection. The stem should always remain straight up out of the soil. This thread can be helpful for folks wanting to LST:

I would make sure to support the side opposite the bend so as not to stress the trunk/root connection. The stem should always remain straight up out of the soil. This thread can be helpful for folks wanting to LST:

Shed's one hundred percent right. If you can pull off supporting the opposite side then you should. Here's a prime tip: Listen to "In The Shed," "Melville Hobbes" they know what you need to do.

I top dressed and then mixed it into the top layer of the soil. They'll all get their second feeding tomorrow.

This thread can be helpful for folks wanting to LST:
Thank you SO much for your thread on LST!

I would make sure to support the side opposite the bend so as not to stress the trunk/root connection. The stem should always remain straight up out of the soil.
I tried to do this today as soon as I saw your post. Hopefully, what I did will help them out!

Here's a prime tip: Listen to "In The Shed," "Melville Hobbes" they know what you need to do.
Totally agree!

Thanks so much to ALL of you for your comments / advice!!!
Really appreciate it!

:yummy:

The last pic is definitely in flower!

Also, you can't anchor the pipe cleaners into the soil as there's not enough tension on them to counteract the pull on the other side. They need to be attached to a binder clip on the edge of the pot, and they need to be at least an inch or two up the stem to keep it straight out of the ground.

4Kingdoms__04_28_2024_02a.jpg

Like mine here from the LST thread:

full

The rock keeps the support from slipping down the trunk.

Back
Top Bottom