Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

OK, I made it back home Saturday afternoon, and finished the last 4 colas of China Cat.

After only 4 days in the drying basket the first day's harvest was already pretty dry. I put it all into a turkey bag and after a couple hours is was at 60% rh. Since it was so low, I went ahead and put the next day's harvest in the bag as well. Today it is reading 66% rh. I'll continue to burp it down the next couple of days until it reaches 62%, and then into jars it goes.

I'm guessing I will have close to a pound of buds once it gets to 62% rh. It might be more than I get out of the Sensi Cheese even though it's twice as tall... we'll see.

Speaking of Sensi Cheese, I think I might be starting the harvest of it today. I'll post of pics of it in a little bit. Thank you for all of the kind "get well" wishes while I was gone. :circle-of-love: It wasn't my first kidney stone, and probably not my last. They all pretty much suck.

Congrats on finishing that magnificent China Cat!

Hope you're doing okay.

We're mostly all stoners here but you've taken it to another level! :Rasta:

We're mostly all stoners here but you've taken it to another level! :Rasta:
:laugh:

Well, today's Sensi Cheese harvest didn't happen. I got a late start, and then the day got away from me. Here's are some bud pics:

… and some close-up trichome pics.
You'll notice a bunch of amber trichomes, but I pay more attention to cloudy vs clear these days (for outdoor grows).
The buds look pretty much ready to me, but the plant hasn't really slowed down its drinking - still about 1.25 gallon/day. I think I have my grandson here for the day tomorrow, so the next harvest window is probably Wednesday. I'm predicting 2 full days of trimming, maybe 3 for this plant. :peace:

How about a 2:00am harvest update from my hospital room?
:eek:
I had my wife drive me to the ER.
Wives can be helpful like that. :thumb:
Well, two days later and I'm still not home, so my plant is just hanging out in the patio waiting. Pics when I get home.
Hot damn. I'm glad they finally discharged you and you didn't have to stumble out on painkillers with wires attached mumbling something about finishing a harvest!

Congrats on the final takedown of China Cat, and brilliant method of rehydration of the first batch. :) Dat's a lotta bud.
Well, today's Sensi Cheese harvest didn't happen. I got a late start, and then the day got away from me. Here's are some bud pics:
Nice and frosty, and whatever was bugging the leaves seems to be gone...they look lovely and green now. :green_heart:
The buds look pretty much ready to me, but the plant hasn't really slowed down its drinking - still about 1.25 gallon/day.
Holy cow! Might need a few more days if it's guzzling that much. How's the smell, since I can't believe anyone is sick of looking at that plant?

Hot damn. I'm glad they finally discharged you and you didn't have to stumble out on painkillers with wires attached mumbling something about finishing a harvest!
:laughtwo: Disaster narrowly averted.
Nice and frosty, and whatever was bugging the leaves seems to be gone...they look lovely and green now. :green_heart:
Thanks Shed. I think the two main actions that made an improvement were: 1) Place a wet towel around the pot during hot spells, and 2) Add 20 ml of Terpinator to each feeding of my usual nutrients. :morenutes:
Holy cow! Might need a few more days if it's guzzling that much. How's the smell, since I can't believe anyone is sick of looking at that plant?
The smell is still pretty strong, but has indeed diminished somewhat.
Congrats on the harvest Beez!
The Sensei Cheese looks sweet!
Thanks GB! It smells pretty sweet too!

Well, yesterday I finally started the harvest of Sensi Cheese. I delayed it a bit because we had a mini heat wave and didn't want the buds drying in such hot weather. As it was, it still got to 93F degrees yesterday, but I got permission to hang the drying basket in the house until the temps in the garage drop. Today has a forecasted high of 85F.

Here's some parting photos:

As soon as I removed the support bracing, it wanted to tip over, so I had to hold it upright while my wife pulled the cart. I leaned it up against the house and retied some of the bracing.
I got about 5.5 hrs of trimming in yesterday. Here it is at the end of day 1.

The drying basket is 3/4 full already. Fortunately, I have a 2nd basket ready to go. :cool:

Nice, nice, nice! (There's no echo here. That plant is so nice I had to say it thrice!) :thumb:

Well, yesterday I finally started the harvest of Sensi Cheese. I delayed it a bit because we had a mini heat wave and didn't want the buds drying in such hot weather. As it was, it still got to 93F degrees yesterday, but I got permission to hang the drying basket in the house until the temps in the garage drop. Today has a forecasted high of 85F.

Here's some parting photos:

As soon as I removed the support bracing, it wanted to tip over, so I had to hold it upright while my wife pulled the cart. I leaned it up against the house and retied some of the bracing.
I got about 5.5 hrs of trimming in yesterday. Here it is at the end of day 1.

The drying basket is 3/4 full already. Fortunately, I have a 2nd basket ready to go. :cool:
NICE!
potm right there.
Happy harvesting!

On Friday I was only able to spend about 3 hrs trimming, but yesterday was a full day of 6.5 hours. I still haven't quite finished, but I'm pretty dang close!

So glad you’re back home and feeling better Beez. Please don’t try to power through ever again! We just had a scare in my family with a kidney stone, he ended up going into shock of some kind with impaired cognition, and even though he knew something was really wrong, couldn’t get to the phone to call 911. Ok, worry-warting over. Congrats on your amazing-as-always harvests. It just blows my mind how huge your plants and harvests are. 🤯

Congratulations on the slow-motion harvest BL, and it's certainly understandable given that massive unbalanced beast of a SIP! It went from stunning to troubled and back to stunning again just in time for the chop, and I hope you got to use that bowl trimmer to take a bit of the strain off the hands, especially if you didn't have a table-full of hands to help.

:bravo:

I hope you got to use that bowl trimmer to take a bit of the strain off the hands, especially if you didn't have a table-full of hands to help.
Yes, indeed! That bowl trimmer saved me several hours of trimming. I still hand-trimmed the larger buds, but all the lower stuff went into the bowl. :cool:

Speaking of trimming, my China Cat buds were in a turkey bag for a few days, until they reached 62% rh. I weighed them and then jarred them. The cure clock has now started and I'm opening the jars daily to allow fresh air in. Final weight of China Cat buds: 651g, which is 1g shy of 23oz. :yahoo:Not bad from a 39 inch tall plant.

Here's some pics:

Damn. Missed my 23oz prediction by a hair! :)

Nice haul Beez!

Yes, indeed! That bowl trimmer saved me several hours of trimming. I still hand-trimmed the larger buds, but all the lower stuff went into the bowl.
Phewf! I was worried for a minute. :thumb:
Speaking of trimming, my China Cat buds were in a turkey bag for a few days, until they reached 62% rh. I weighed them and then jarred them. The cure clock has now started and I'm opening the jars daily to allow fresh air in. Final weight of China Cat buds: 651g, which is 1g shy of 23oz. :yahoo:Not bad from a 39 inch tall plant.
Stunning haul BL. :adore:

My Sensi Cheese spent about 13 days in the drying basket and the turkey bag, and is now at 62%. Time to weigh it...
and jar it...

Final tally was 820g (28.9 oz)! :cool: Between this and the China Cat, I netted about 3.25 lbs for this summer's outdoor grow.

I wouldn’t believe it if I didn’t see it! What an amazing sight, that bag full o buds. Remind me to go trick-or-treating at your house next year! Congratulations on two more amazing, beautiful harvests/grows, Beez. :adore::adore:

Back
Top Bottom