Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Remind me to go trick-or-treating at your house next year!
I would so make it worth your while if you did! :circle-of-love:
Those are some terrific numbers so I hope it's enough to get through the dreary snows of winter up there. :cheesygrinsmiley:
It's a tough life up here in the winter... :laughtwo: Inspired by your grams/day metric, I took a look at mine.
Sensi Cheese: 820g / 185 days = 4.43g/day
China Cat: 651g / 141 days = 4.62 g/day*
*However, China Cat was a clone so it had a head start by the time I brought it home.

From May:
Today's update is on the upcoming summer grow: Sensi Cheese, Dresden Green Diamond, White Widow, and Granddaddy Purple.
Probably good they didn't all make it...6 pounds would have been way too much weed ...said no one ever😄

Congrats on another record breaking harvest, BL!👍

Amazeballs numbers BL! :eek: I'd say anyone with a high g/day medical need should definitely be running sub irrigated watering systems based on yours and my results.

I'll see if I can get @StoneOtter to run numbers on his 4x4 when it's all cut and dried. I'd be curious to see if he's getting double his cloth-pot numbers indoors.
I will. I'll gather the info in a bit.
I have to agree with you off hand Shed!! It feels like there's more opportunity for them to grow more flower. The last plants all had at least one extra good shoot growing from the main cola. Some mains have several mini shoots that make the canopy for good buddage. That adds up!

How about an update on my indoor grow? (I bet you forgot I had an indoor grow going. :laughtwo:)

Actually, there's not a whole lot to report on with this. I originally started 10 regular seeds and ran them for about 11 days of 12/12 lighting at first sprout. Then I switched them to 18/6 lighting. This was in hopes that they would show their sex sooner than usual - about 30 days. For the most part they did - 8 of them did anyway. Both of my Red Dragons and one of my Amnesia went male so they got tossed. One of the Zkittles and 4 of the Amnesia went female, while the other Zkittles and one of the Amnesia didn't show one way or the other.

I really only have room for four 3-gallon pots in my grow space, so I tossed the unknown Amnesia and one of the females. That left me with 4 females and an unknown Zkittles. I really didn't want to toss that Zkittles because it looks pretty nice and "feels" like it gonna be female. 🤞

So in order to fit 5 plants under my lights I only up-potted 3 plants to 3-gal fiber pots. The other two are still in 1-gal pots. I decided to flip the plants yesterday at only about 56 days from sprout. I really don't want this grow going into the dead of winter when the garage temps get pretty chilly at night. If the Zkittles ends up being male, then that's an easy decision to toss it and then more room for the others.

Nice!

That Z#2 has some awesome leaves. I wouldn't want to toss her either! :Rasta:

How about an update on my indoor grow? (I bet you forgot I had an indoor grow going. :laughtwo:)
Of course Shed remembered, memory like an elephant, that one (😘); but I didn’t! And he’s right, your green thumb shines no matter where you grow. Beautiful plants Beez :love:

(I bet you forgot I had an indoor grow going. :laughtwo:)
I did forget!
Although, they all seem to be doing just fine without me...🤪
If the Zkittles ends up being male, then that's an easy decision to toss it and then more room for the others.
I hope it doesn't end up male, it'd be a real shame to have to toss that one out!:straightface:

Congratulations on your huge yield numbers, Beez! Is it just you using it? Does most of it go to smoking or edibles?

I hope it doesn't end up male, it'd be a real shame to have to toss that one out!:straightface:
I'm pretty sure it's going to go "male". And to add salt to my wound, I think my other Zkittlez is also male even though I originally identified it as female. :eek:
Is it just you using it? Does most of it go to smoking or edibles?
Most of it goes to my son and some of his friends. To be honest, I consume very little thc weed. I'm guessing that maybe 2 oz would last me a entire year. I do turn a lot of it into dry ice kief, which is then used for edibles. I'm personally not a fan of thc edibles. Usually takes 3 or more hours for me to feel the effects. Then it mostly just makes me feel tired.

It's time for an update on my fall/winter indoor grow. Unfortunately I'm down to just the three AmnesiaX plants because both the Zkittlez plants turned male even though I had identified one of them as female. Turns out it is a full blown hermie and beginning to expel its pollen.
I have it sitting outside until I can collect as much pollen as possible, then into the yard waste bin it goes. I was contemplating letting it grow out to maturity, but I can't keep it in the garage where the other plants are. I don't think it will survive outside for another 7 weeks, but maybe. Weather has been pretty mild so far.

The three Amnesia are doing fine. I flipped the lights 21 days ago and flowering is commencing nicely.
I don't think they are quite finished with stretch, but hope they are soon.
I'm having to raise the lights every few days. The shortest plant is 24 inches tall (I kept it in a 1-gal pot), while the tallest is 30 inches high (3-gal pot).

Sorry to hear about the 2 wayward Zkittlez', Beez- :(

It looks like the Amnesia's are filling the space pretty well without them, though..👍

I have it sitting outside until I can collect as much pollen as possible, then into the yard waste bin it goes. I was contemplating letting it grow out to maturity, but I can't keep it in the garage where the other plants are. I don't think it will survive outside for another 7 weeks, but maybe. Weather has been pretty mild so far.
But why would you want to collect pollen from a hermied plant?

It looks like the Amnesia's are filling the space pretty well without them, though..👍
Thanks Carcass, the plants are indeed filling up my space pretty well. I thought I had plenty of room, but am now finding out the space issues what many tent growers struggle with. :laughtwo:
But why would you want to collect pollen from a hermied plant?
I figured the pollen wouldn't be affected by the hermie. Am I wrong?

Hey. I've got a lot of catching up to do.
Just saw you collected full on hermie pollen. It's not worth it breeding with it as herms are going to pop up all the time with anything you use it for. I've scrapped whole lines due to this headache.
If you intentionally stress her to get herm pollen it can work if you get lucky.
Sts is your best bet to preserve any special plants. That pollen is good stuff, producing feminised seed.
Imma catch up after kidd are in bed. Have to feed them too. Sheesh
Have a winning day

I figured the pollen wouldn't be affected by the hermie. Am I wrong?
The pollen will pass along the plant's character traits to the next generation through seeds. So at least half of your inputs on another dusted plant will be hermie leaning at the very least.

Thats an extreme hermie , i do some breeding & never use hermies , for breeding its best to use strong stable chromosomes , though i have growen seeds from buds with only the odd seed with great results , if your desperate for seeds then try it otherwise i would suggest dump the plant , u have a beautiful garden, take care & peace to all ✌️

Back
Top Bottom